So What's the difference between NEW PIZZA and OLD PIZZA?

Ocean Dancer

The Quattro Formaggio is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of that near paper thin crust. It's like a big round saltine cracker. What I've done on past cruises with good results is to order a quattro with double crust and pepperoni. That way the crust has a little "chew" and isn't crunchy. My wife and daughter love it that way as well.

The Quattro Formaggio is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of that near paper thin crust. It's like a big round saltine cracker. What I've done on past cruises with good results is to order a quattro with double crust and pepperoni. That way the crust has a little "chew" and isn't crunchy. My wife and daughter love it that way as well.

Didnt know you could order a double crust. Have to think about that.

When ordering quattro I always ask for mushrooms.

Didnt know you could order a double crust. Have to think about that.

When ordering quattro I always ask for mushrooms.

Out of courtesy I won't do it until I catch them during a slow time and can explain it and ask them nicely! After that all I've got to do is ask.

I liked the old pizza better, liked especially the one with anchovy, also the one with goat cheese/chevre.

tried the new pizza a couple of times and there will not be a third try. it was like a floppy piece of wet cardboard with stuff on it. Not worth waiting for in my opinion. But as is often the case, I am in the minority. LOL. To each their own..(opinion)

Besides the slow service, I think the pizza is great. Like others have said the menu is more limited. I'm from NY, 20 miles from the city (manhattan) but have lived in CA half my life. HAL has redone the pizza and it's better than Royal but not nearly as good as Carnival's.

Besides the slow service, I think the pizza is great. Like others have said the menu is more limited. I'm from NY, 20 miles from the city (manhattan) but have lived in CA half my life. HAL has redone the pizza and it's better than Royal but not nearly as good as Carnival's.

So it still sounds like a winner. We are going on Ecstasy in January after a 4 year lapse. They had a good product, just didn't want them to mess it up. Thank you all for your feedback.:D

Carnival’s pizza is great, But the labor cutbacks continue.

You wait for everything on a Carnival ship.

Food, drinks etc.

Moving to a different line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cutbacks have nothing to do with the wait. The pizzas are made to order. That's why it takes so long. In East coast pizzerias (NYC, Philly, etc), they pre-bake the pizzas and re-heat slices to order. This is a much faster way of doing it. But I guess made to order is better for marketing.

I actually DID eat pizza on RC and found it to be inedible. I'd give it a 3 out of 10. CCL is better, but not very good anymore. Loved the old pizza and menu, the new not so much. I'd give it a scant 5.

If you check availabilities, Carnival cruises are pretty much sold out - the annoying cutbacks they've made don't seem to be affecting their bookings yet. We've been loyal and frequent cruisers since 2004, so far we still like Carnival cruising enough to keep at it . . . . but the cutbacks are very noticeable to long time cruisers. I think the newbies won't even notice.

Carnival’s pizza is great, But the labor cutbacks continue.

You wait for everything on a Carnival ship.

Food, drinks etc.

Moving to a different line.

Try princess. The pizza is better and so is the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try Princess. The pizza is better and so is the cruise.