Drinks Menu Questions

Bill B

The Italian cherries I can’t answer, never crossed my mind. Gluten free vodka shouldn’t be a problem as there are a large number of brands like Smirnoff and Tito’s that are readily available that are not made with gluten grains like wheat, barley, and rye.

• 6 months later...
Thanks mdpa.

I found this posted by TLCOhio (from 2010) showing 'included' spirits. I suppose I can 'make do' with the selection ;) , although I wish there was a bottle of Laphroaig in the picture... I'll ask! (y)

Yes do ask as we found out they have a lot more in the storage under the counter, there isn't room for all of the complimentary spirits to be displayed, it's appears that only bottles that retail well above $100US that appear to be at a charge. The waiters are only too pleased to discuss what your preferences are. We saw a bottle of Cognac which retailed at over $3,000 there was a charge for a glass of that! Also the wines higher end are chargeable. We paid for a bottle of Penfolds 407 which retails here at around $90 and in a restaurant would be around $200, from memory we had to pay around $70US a couple of years ago for it. Enjoy!

Yes do ask as we found out they have a lot more in the storage under the counter, there isn't room for all of the complimentary spirits to be displayed, it's appears that only bottles that retail well above $100US that appear to be at a charge. The waiters are only too pleased to discuss what your preferences are. We saw a bottle of Cognac which retailed at over $3,000 there was a charge for a glass of that! Also the wines higher end are chargeable. We paid for a bottle of Penfolds 407 which retails here at around $90 and in a restaurant would be around $200, from memory we had to pay around $70US a couple of years ago for it. Enjoy!

Their prices on all Penfolds wines seem to be quite reasonable. We might treat ourselves one day to a bottle of Grange. For now, we will settle for Baby Grange. A high point on a recent trip was a wine tasting at the Penfolds winery.

Their prices on all Penfolds wines seem to be quite reasonable. We might treat ourselves one day to a bottle of Grange. For now, we will settle for Baby Grange. A high point on a recent trip was a wine tasting at the Penfolds winery.
Please post your upcoming voyages so that we can enjoy a sip of your Grange. ;)

My husband, who is somewhat of a whiskey snob and has a collection of about 300 bourbons, scotches and other whiskies, found the selection akin to a nice hotel bar (Loewes, Fairmont, Ritz, etc). He did prefer the specialty selections in the Connoisseur Lounge, but those are not "all-inclusive". Since it is also the cigar bar, I didn't enjoy sitting there (who wants a smokey outfit to put back in the closet), but I believe you can order from there and drink it elsewhere.

We didn't make use of them having our room stocked with our preferences, but certainly will next May.

Yes, you can ask for a selection from Connoisseur to be delivered to you at another bar. DH has done that before and it took a few minutes to send someone for the bottle but it was certainly done.