Breakfast in BLU

VitaminSea53

We too have had eggs Benedict served off and on in Blu....but the one thing they never have served (to us) is corned beef hash.....so that's one breakfast I have to eat in the buffet :). There are also more options for "eggs Benedict" type dishes in the buffet...not just egg/ham/english muffin...so maybe I eat two breakfasts in the buffet, usually without my DW who really dislikes any buffet.

You will enjoy Blu....if there's something you'd like, not on the menu....ask and they will accomodate if they can.

Dreadful breakfast on the Constellation a couple of weeks ago, only went the first morning. English bacon in a ball soaked in grease, breakfast sausage like a sponge in grease. Worst breakfast I have ever been served and that includes the greasy spoons I have eaten in.

Modern luxury, rubbish.

I think that's an old photo of additions to muesli unless I need my eyes testing, none in Blu for that morning.

I refused to go back. At least in the buffet you can see if it is as bad as they served in Blu and try and find something else.

Dreadful breakfast on the Constellation a couple of weeks ago, only went the first morning. English bacon in a ball soaked in grease, breakfast sausage like a sponge in grease. Worst breakfast I have ever been served and that includes the greasy spoons I have eaten in.

Modern luxury, rubbish.

I think that's an old photo of additions to muesli unless I need my eyes testing, none in Blu for that morning.

I refused to go back. At least in the buffet you can see if it is as bad as they served in Blu and try and find something else.

That photo is a year old. We were on the Constellation last October. Since we will be back on her own n Blu in April, I hope it hasn’t changed. Hopefully, your experience was a one off.

That photo is a year old. We were on the Constellation last October. Since we will be back on her own n Blu in April, I hope it hasn’t changed. Hopefully, your experience was a one off.

Read item 17 of this thread to discover that muesli table side is a thing of the past, so yer things have changed. Hope you don't like English bacon and breakfast sausages.

Read item 17 of this thread to discover that muesli table side is a thing of the past, so yer things have changed. Hope you don't like English bacon and breakfast sausages.

Oh well, I won’t go hungry in Blu. 😁

It is a shame they are making it a bit less special.

Such a relaxed place for breakfast, brilliant service. The breakfast smoothies are very good, I don't go much for a big hot breakfast so the muesli, parfait or French toast are great. Hubby had the omelette a few times, they add only what you want. Truly fabulous, will miss it terribly on our next cruise as we are not Aqua next time

Sorry to disappoint you but muesli is alive and well on the Silhouette. In fact, we met suite passengers who chose not to have breakfast in Luminae for the tableside muesli in Blu.

The fresh squeezed orange juice has also returned.

Such a relaxed place for breakfast, brilliant service. The breakfast smoothies are very good, I don't go much for a big hot breakfast so the muesli, parfait or French toast are great. Hubby had the omelette a few times, they add only what you want. Truly fabulous, will miss it terribly on our next cruise as we are not Aqua next time

I can relate as we went from AQ to a 1A veranda on our last cruise. My fears were unfounded. We enjoyed breakfast in the MDR as well as dinner - and didn't feel the need to escape to specialty restaurants. The food was very good and we didn't miss Blu once we settled in to the less noisy "private" part of the MDR which is in the back.

Luckily, we ended up in the section of the MDR in which our waiter from Blu on Reflection was now working. He took wonderful care of us on Equinox this past April/May. Anyone sailing on Equinox with Select Dining, ask to be seated in Reymond's section. He is an outstanding waiter. - He amazed us the first time we were seated in his section: he remembered us from a cruise 7 months prior and remembered my DH's favorite beverage - an Arnold Palmer.

I can relate as we went from AQ to a 1A veranda on our last cruise. My fears were unfounded.

That is good to hear..... this is exactly what we have done for the next cruise, chosen a 1A veranda. Just could not justify the difference in price for this sailing.

I can relate as we went from AQ to a 1A veranda on our last cruise. My fears were unfounded.

That is good to hear..... this is exactly what we have done for the next cruise' date=' chosen a 1A veranda. Just could not justify the difference in price for this sailing.[/quote']

That is what I would do if I was persuaded to use Celebrity again, too many other issues. (Next two cruises on different lines I am glad to say). The best two evening meals we had in Blu were off the MDR menu, I looked at the MDR menu and most nights would happily have eaten there.

Fresh orange juice always came, anyway, with the free drinks package in any restaurant. And table side muesli was certainly not on Constellation a couple of weeks ago, pleased that it might be for some. But again was always able to add anything in the buffet, and one could chose at ones leisure, no need for Blu.

That is good to hear..... this is exactly what we have done for the next cruise' date=' chosen a 1A veranda. Just could not justify the difference in price for this sailing.[/quote']

Darn....I guess the secret is out: we've done the same....after 5 cruises in AQ, we switched to 1A's on S class ships and are very happy. Today's premium for aqua over 1A's is just not worth it. We still book A1's on M-class if we can get 1138/40/41, otherwise we skip AQ due to cabin locations and lack of balcony cover and book Concierge for the larger cabins and quieter locations.

I don't know that the food is any better in Aqua than in the MDR; but it is different. We have been on 22 X cruises and the MDR menus have been the same for a long time, so when we did a 12 Med cruise followed by a 15 day TA, it was really nice to have Aqua as one of the cruises for food variety. I wouldn't pay that much extra for Blu, but the more intimate dining room is certainly worth something extra. When I have booked Aqua, it has only been on M class, where I would have booked Concierge cabins, due to their larger size. Both times, the upgrade to Aqua, has been minimal.

As I recall,Eggs Benedict has never been on the Blu breakfast menu or at least through our last Aqua cruise last December. We will always ask if they can make Eggs Benedict and it has been hit or miss on our AQ cruises. When we were told no...the missing ingredient was Hollandaise sauce....which apparently nobody wanted to make.

Hank

They were on the Blu menu on the Equinox a week ago.

We have booked Aqua for the first time for next year, on our previous cruises we have been in either A1 or concierge cabins but for our upcoming cruise the price was cheaper (at the time we booked) for the Aqua cabins. We are on Reflection so have a cabin on deck 11 not in a poor location, so we are looking forward to trying for ourselves both dinner and breakfast in Blu, if we are not happy with the food there are plenty of other options.

We have booked Aqua for the first time for next year, on our previous cruises we have been in either A1 or concierge cabins but for our upcoming cruise the price was cheaper (at the time we booked) for the Aqua cabins. We are on Reflection so have a cabin on deck 11 not in a poor location, so we are looking forward to trying for ourselves both dinner and breakfast in Blu, if we are not happy with the food there are plenty of other options.

We have only been in Blu once, last year. I was in the same situation with Aqua being cheaper than a concierge, so I figured I might as well try it. After all, you can order MDR food in Blu if you want. Having been concerned that it would be too healthy and less tasty, we were very pleased and looking forward to our next Blu experience in April.

We have only been in Blu once, last year. I was in the same situation with Aqua being cheaper than a concierge, so I figured I might as well try it. After all, you can order MDR food in Blu if you want. Having been concerned that it would be too healthy and less tasty, we were very pleased and looking forward to our next Blu experience in April.

No, you can’t order mdr meals in blu. You can ask and they MAY accommodate you, but don’t be surprised if they say no. Officially blu serves from their menu and the mdr has there own menu....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, you can’t order mdr meals in blu. You can ask and they MAY accommodate you, but don’t be surprised if they say no. Officially blu serves from their menu and the mdr has there own menu....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just repeating what I have read on the boards. Thanks for clarifying. I am fine with the Blu menus.

We just got off of the Infinity and we're first time Celebrity and aqua guests. I have to say I was disappointed the menu in Blu never changed all week. Now one could mix up any type of breakfast wanted each day, but selection was always the same. The second day my food was so slow in getting there my wife was finished long before my entree even showed up....I was ready to go to the buffet after that day. The meusli is not made tableside, it was also served pre made in the spa cafe. Blu was nice for the more intimate dining experience and service, we could hear the madness on the other side in the main dining room.

Personally, I much prefer the breakfast buffet in the Oceanview Grill to Blu or Luminae.

I really like the scrambled eggs or fried eggs from the buffet with a few potatoes, some very crisp bacon or a couple of pork sausage links and a roll. It is piping hot and eaten quickly instead of waiting for service which can be quite slow. And it tastes a lot better, too.

On Constellation they had an MDR menu available for guests to choose from if they wished, we just had to ask to see it and no problem ordering from it. I guess it depends more on if you are on an M class ship where they share kitchens.