My Stateroom Has Disappeared

Ned11

My mom is the same way. In these situations, I just call the place (in your case RCCL) and just start off the conversation as I am my mom. Just call and say you are your dad. You have all his information.

Let us know how you make out.

Maybe a snag with that idea as londongal is a gal - they might pick up on that :D

My mom is the same way. In these situations, I just call the place (in your case RCCL) and just start off the conversation as I am my mom. Just call and say you are your dad. You have all his information.

I doubt that LondonGAL is going to sound like her dad.

Hi, I'm another victim of booking & paying for a room that is not being built as they told my TA today. Was room 4676 on the TA 10/28. I booked 3/11/17. They are wanting to upgrade me to 3588. Under the Jazz club and a connecting room. I don't think so. Flying out tomorrow to do btbtbtb on ncl. Hopefully my TA will get my unbuilt room straightened out. Pretty upset with this my first rcl cruise. I would accept a higher up ocean view, however a move down will not be acceptable.

I also was booked for 12/1/18 in a Studio Inside. I received the email yesterday with my new room assignment which was on the 6th floor front of the ship. I was able to get reassigned to mid ship on the 6th floor. Rooms above and retail below.

Pat

It's definitely a good place to start and, as others noted, if I sounded like a man, I'd have gone that route straight away. However, as I'm the one who actually booked the cruise for him, I just called up and told them I booked it and wanted to address it.

I called C&A as a starting point -- spoke to regular line, they had to put me up to a supervisor. They eventually agreed to look into moving his cabin somewhere quieter but said that 'revenue' would have to sort it, and they'd call back. Well, coughcough I live in London but book with my dad's US address (makes our lives easier, generally) so I gave my dads number to call back on. I got an email itinerary update this morning -- he's now in a Central Park View INTERIOR over Jamie's Italian. Sigh.

I have no idea if he agreed to this or not, as he's not sent an email with an update (timezone differences etc). So I'll wait to hear. I am not happy. I made it very clear he should be between two quiet areas, both above AND below. And they've put him over a potentially noisy restaurant (and I can't figure out, is a Central Park View Interior a downgrade from an Oceanview?!).

Little update -- my dad is really happy with the room so I'll leave it at that. It's certainly bigger than the Studio he was expecting and he's much easier going than me. If he's happy, then I'm happy!

Wonderful!! So happy you called. Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums