My Stateroom Has Disappeared

Ned11

Categories sell out for sailing all the time. I've never seen cabins disappear from deck plans for selling out.

I was suggesting that all of the sailings are sold out, not just a few. There are only 15 studio cabins. It is conceivable that they are sold out for all of the 50 or so sailings that are scheduled through Spring 2019, since the cabins all disappeared very quickly after the bookings opened. But this is just a hunch based on the fact that these deck plans are marketing materials rather than informational materials, and they might not want to market a product that has very low availability.

I was suggesting that all of the sailings are sold out, not just a few. There are only 15 studio cabins. It is conceivable that they are sold out for all of the 50 or so sailings that are scheduled through Spring 2019, since the cabins all disappeared very quickly after the bookings opened. But this is just a hunch based on the fact that these deck plans are marketing materials rather than informational materials, and they might not want to market a product that has very low availability.

But they wouldn't remove the entire category of cabins from the official deck plans because the category sold out. If the entire ship sells out, are they gonna remove all the cabins from the deck plans?

I see where you’re coming from but I very much doubt it.

Just on hold now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that hard to believe. I think that kind of coordination is beyond the competence level of RC management and IT.

I find that hard to believe. I think that kind of coordination is beyond the competence level of RC management and IT.

Actually I was thinking that the lack of coordination is exactly the problem. Whoever put together the deck plans doesn't know what's going on.

Ok, just come off the phone to a lovely chap called Roberto. He has checked the RCI plans and on other sites and yes, they are missing on RCI website. He has guaranteed me that I will be on the ship on that date on deck 4 in a studio but has put a request through to the head office in Miami to confirm. I should get an email from Miami next Thursday to confirm.

Here’s hoping. 🤞🏻

Ok, just come off the phone to a lovely chap called Roberto. He has checked the RCI plans and on other sites and yes, they are missing on RCI website. He has guaranteed me that I will be on the ship on that date on deck 4 in a studio but has put a request through to the head office in Miami to confirm. I should get an email from Miami next

This happens quite often with charters. For weeks the customer service reps swear to you that you'll be fine only to later give you options for which ships to switch you to since your sailing has been chartered.

Have an OBC figure in mind for the next call when you find out your cabin is some place else.

Ok, just come off the phone to a lovely chap called Roberto. He has checked the RCI plans and on other sites and yes, they are missing on RCI website. He has guaranteed me that I will be on the ship on that date on deck 4 in a studio but has put a request through to the head office in Miami to confirm. I should get an email from Miami next Thursday to confirm.

Here’s hoping. 🤞🏻

Many thanks. RC doesn't seem to have much love for the single occupancy cabins.

Here’s hoping. 🤞🏻

It takes a week to confirm that there are cabins on deck 4? Look at the bright side, so far at least no one has denied that RCI does, indeed, have a ship named Symphony.

Like I said, did someone at RCI spend considerable time making up an incorrect deck plan and then somehow got their IT dept to publish it?

I would say yes, they let their interns at it again. How QA let this through just shows they should spend a bit more of their massive profits on some better internal systems. A good question if anyone ever gets to question the President & CEO.

To the OP, I would guess that it is just a stuff up as there are lots of other errors in the deck plans for example - The legend on the top of Deck 14 shows a colour and ID of "VS" the only Villa Suite is on Deck 13. The "VS" in the legend should have been "A4". Considering that there is nothing in this space on the new deck plans, it is likely they just forgot to cut and paste between the old and the new.

But then again - they don't mark up closets, so there is still the chance ...

I say incompetence. They released an update to their app last week and the updated description says it now works with Oasis. There was no reference to Oasis in the app and they then had to update the description to remove references to Oasis.

Happened with both Android and Apple stores. Someone wrote and approved the text that was written.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Edited by soremekun

Here’s hoping. 🤞🏻

Ok. It's almost Thursday. Is there an update?

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

... I asked to speak to a Supervisor. He had a look at the plans and said they were on there. I explained the weren’t. He then said (this made me laugh) he looked on deckplans.com as they have the most up to date deck plans. Ha ha ha, I asked how that can be when RCI should have the most up to date plans as it’s their ship... [emoji41]

Ths is the funniest thing I have heard today. I commend you for your calmness and sense of humor.

Really hoping your cabin reappears ( on RCI, not deckplans.com, LOL)

My stateroom on Symphony of the Seas has disappeared! [emoji848]

I’m in an Outside studio on deck 4 in May and it isn’t on the new deck plans. Not sure where I’m going to be sleeping. Could be the pool deck.

You are certainly taking this “missing stateroom” issue calmly. Don’t know if I would. Please keep us updated.

Yes it is Thursday and yes, I should be receiving an email.

If not by this evening, another phone call will be happening.

I will keep you informed! [emoji41]