My Stateroom Has Disappeared

Ned11

To help with some confusion

Here is the original deck plans published for symphony that shows rooms on deck 4. Still shown on the Australian web site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=04&shipCode=SY&shipProfile=1820&sailDate=1180421&hasNavigation=false

Here are the new deck plans just published that show no rooms on deck four and also show the location of the new ultimate family suite on deck 17. Published on the US web site.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Deployment_2018_2019/Symphony_Deck_Plans_Reference_Guide_2018_2019.pdf

So yes some people will see rooms on deck 4 and others won't - it depends on which set of plans you are viewing. Everyone is correct. If you don't see the Hooked on deck 16 at the front, or the double room that is the ultimate family suite on deck 17, then you are looking at old plans. They may be published by RCI - but still old plans.

Hope this helps.

It would appear as though your accommodations will be in the illustrious deck 4 broom closet suite. You'll have an unlimited supply of shampoos and conditioners, ice buckets, and robes.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the deck plans they first used that showed cabins on deck 4 were actually Harmony's deck plans and now they have updated the plans to show Symphony's actual configuration????

No because the original plans showed the extra rooms at the aft end of Decks 8-14. It was different than Harmony.

Also they sold me a studio cabin so they were at least planning on that earlier.

Ok so I got this through Facebook:

Hi Kate,

I am truly sorry for any confusion, our system does show these cabins on deck 4, please note that the deck plans on the website and the ones you received are the first draft. A new deck plan will be published shortly.

Will speak to Royal later after work.

Thanks for the update. We'll see if that is really the case. Very strange that they would leave those rooms off of the deck plan. Unless that category is sold out for the current deployment (which seems possible since those rooms got scarce in a hurry) and therefore they won't advertise those?

I am truly sorry for any confusion, our system does show these cabins on deck 4, please note that the deck plans on the website and the ones you received are the first draft. A new deck plan will be published shortly.

So, someone at RCI took the time to make up incorrect deck plans?:confused:

So, someone at RCI took the time to make up incorrect deck plans?:confused:

That’s what I was thinking. I did get speaking to a lady at RCI who put me on hold for 6 minutes to find out. She she wasn’t sure and to get in touch with my TA. I said what was the point in speaking to my TA if they are just going to phone you to find out you don’t know anything.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor. He had a look at the plans and said they were on there. I explained the weren’t. He then said (this made me laugh) he looked on deckplans.com as they have the most up to date deck plans. Ha ha ha, I asked how that can be when RCI should have the most up to date plans as it’s their ship.

I will phone back this evening as I had customers waiting after being on the phone for 20 minutes. Can’t wait to see what they say this evening. [emoji41]

Thanks for the update. We'll see if that is really the case. Very strange that they would leave those rooms off of the deck plan. Unless that category is sold out for the current deployment (which seems possible since those rooms got scarce in a hurry) and therefore they won't advertise those?

Categories sell out for sailing all the time. I've never seen cabins disappear from deck plans for selling out.

That’s what I was thinking. I did get speaking to a lady at RCI who put me on hold for 6 minutes to find out. She she wasn’t sure and to get in touch with my TA. I said what was the point in speaking to my TA if they are just going to phone you to find out you don’t know anything.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor. He had a look at the plans and said they were on there. I explained the weren’t. He then said (this made me laugh) he looked on deckplans.com as they have the most up to date deck plans. Ha ha ha, I asked how that can be when RCI should have the most up to date plans as it’s their ship.

I will phone back this evening as I had customers waiting after being on the phone for 20 minutes. Can’t wait to see what they say this evening. [emoji41]

Yikes. Oh my. Good luck. Can you move to a different deck, same category? Or ask them to just please move you. I wouldn't be speaking to an agent any longer, I would at least try supervisor first. Good luck!

You'll be sleeping with the crew, and put you on kitchen duty if you're not careful... :D

I still think they will be throwing a mattress on top of dining room table #429. It gives a whole new meaning to evening turn down service. And you need to be out of bed before breakfast starts.