Early Saver Price Adjustment

Oletruckdude

I received an email from Carnival yesterday that my Early Saver price guarantee form was approved for a price drop. More than 24 hours later my account is still showing the old price without the adjustment.

How long does it typically take for the price adjustment to show up online in the guest's account? I assumed once the email went out the adjustment would already be done.

Thanks in advance!

Oletruckdude

I've gotten a few price drops. They all showed up immediately -- within about 30 minutes of my approval email.

That's what I expected but didn't happen.

I've fired off an email to cclsupport@carnival.com but their automated reply says it could take 7 days to address the issue.

I'll give it a few days then call customer service, although I've not had good luck communicating by phone in the past.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Oletruckdude

Are you prior to or after final payment date? If after, it will be an OBC. If prior to, I have normally a price adjustment come up in a couple of days.

It had nothing to do with the final payment date. It’s whether you have paid off the cruise or not. Carnival won’t issue refunds due to drops in price, so if you are paid in full before the final payment date, you will still get OBC for the difference in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email from Carnival yesterday that my Early Saver price guarantee form was approved for a price drop. More than 24 hours later my account is still showing the old price without the adjustment.

How long does it typically take for the price adjustment to show up online in the guest's account? I assumed once the email went out the adjustment would already be done.

Thanks in advance!

Oletruckdude[/quotAre you past final payment??

Thanks in advance!

Oletruckdude[/quotAre you past final payment??

asked and answered. NO

I have a question about price match. I have a friend that booked. The category they booked appears to be sold out, but one category down is significantly cheaper with plenty of empty cabins, about $150. They booked through a travel agent we use. Can they still go through the travel agent to request an OBC by also changing cabins? They are past final payment as they sail in only a couple weeks.

I have a question about price match. I have a friend that booked. The category they booked appears to be sold out, but one category down is significantly cheaper with plenty of empty cabins, about $150. They booked through a travel agent we use. Can they still go through the travel agent to request an OBC by also changing cabins? They are past final payment as they sail in only a couple weeks.

Once past the final payment date Carnival does not allow allow any booking rate to cancel without penalty. To downgrade even 1 cabin category a cancellation must be processed. Not even the most stellar TA can find a work around a cancellation penalty.

Ok, so here's the scoop ...

I called Carnival this morning. The rep told me that the 72 hour sale promotion included Carnival choosing my cabin, and since I selected my own cabin and the "NO" button on the Early Saver Form they ignored my request.

I argued with her that the promotion said "Choose your own cabin" (which it did) but in the end gave up because she said her computer said differently. So I did not get the price drop even though I received an email from Carnival 2 days ago saying it was approved, and another email with a transaction ID number.

FYI, I'm a seasoned cruiser with Carnival (12 so far) so I know how the process is supposed to work. This time it just didn't. Oh well, I've received many price drops over the years so I can't complain too much. I'll just keep watching.

Regards,

Oletruckdude

That's what I expected but didn't happen.

I've fired off an email to cclsupport@carnival.com but their automated reply says it could take 7 days to address the issue.

I'll give it a few days then call customer service, although I've not had good luck communicating by phone in the past.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Oletruckdude

I've never had a bad time when calling the toll free number.

It's so much quicker to get price adjustment and the email confirming.

I've done it 4 times now,