Has anyone ordered gifts thru the website?

caprcorn28

I am planning on ordering gifts for the kids and hubby thru Carnival's website for our upcoming cruise. Has anyone done this before?

I thought that it would be a fun surprise for everyone. Thinking about the Funship Freddy plush and then one of those gift cooler sets with the drinks/hat/cooler/mug...

Were yours delivered in a timely fashion? In your room upon embarkation? Were the items of decent enough quality that they didn't fall apart during the cruise??

I ordered a fruit basket with wine for DH. It was in our cabin when we arrived, the message on the card was correct, the fruit was very fresh (the kids went through the grapes fairly quickly), and the wine was good. We ended up buying the Freddy plush onboard when Freddy did a photo op and "autograph" session at Camp Carnival, so if that's something your child might be interested in, I'd hold off on Freddy. If Freddy doesn't do a photo op, you can buy the plush toy in the gift shop. There's no difference in price, whether you order ahead of time or buy onboard.

I have orderd many times. The orders are usually right but the last time I ordered a men's size t-shirt for my daughter since she likes them big and instead they gave me a woman's which was a different style. It was ok.

I might order for my husband and daughter on the next trip. They are nice surprises!:D

I've ordered room decorations and the wine and fruit basket. The cabin was decorated upon our arrival and the wine and fruit basket was also in the cabin when we arrived. I've done this for the last two years, never had a problem. Enjoy your trip!

I am planning on ordering gifts for the kids and hubby thru Carnival's website for our upcoming cruise. Has anyone done this before?

I thought that it would be a fun surprise for everyone. Thinking about the Funship Freddy plush and then one of those gift cooler sets with the drinks/hat/cooler/mug...

Were yours delivered in a timely fashion? In your room upon embarkation? Were the items of decent enough quality that they didn't fall apart during the cruise??

I ordered a couple suprise gifts for my wife on our cruise that left 2 weeks ago today. They were in the room when we arrived ... along with the gift "card" message. One of them was a vase of a dozen red roses ... and they looked pretty good until the 7th day.

Bill

I ordered 6 books of soft drink coupons for the six cabins of folks sailing with us on our first group cruise. They were delivered at the first dinner seating by one of the hostess'. It was a great surprise to all and handled very well.

We bought our parents a cruise for their 50th and also bought the Happy Anniversary room decorations. The cabin was decorated upon their arrival on the ship and it looked good (they took pictures for us). In fact, the folks (and us too) were quite surprised at how great the decorations turned out.

I have ordered things for gifts before and it worked out well. I just ordered something for our upcoming cruise and this time they asked what day I wanted it delivered. I dont remember this happening the other time, but I also did not order it online like I did this time. It was a great hit as a gift because it got everyone talking about the cruise and the fun we were going to have.

I ordered gifts for my friends honeymoon cruise.....got their room decorated, the honeymoon memory box and also a nice shipboard credit. All three things were done very nicely (theybrought the decorations home and have them in their house now) and the notes were all there although they left part of wanted I typed in out.....

I have also received gifts from people and they were all done very well and in the cabin when I arrived.

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming reassurances!!! :D I am definitely ordering the gifts for the family!!! And I even feel pretty good too now about the fruit basket that is going to be delivered to the room (from cashing in points from my old CCL credit card!!) :D Thanks!!!

I ordered Carnival night shirts and they were laying on our beds after dinner the first night. They were one size fits most and being on the fluffy side, I was worried about the size, but they fit great and we have worn them now for almost a year and washed them many many times and they are still in perfect shape! We loved the gifts!

Last cruise SO ordered me something to be delivered on different nights throughtout the cruise. Was very nice.

The cake ordered through the gift pages tastes dryer and bland compared to buying in at the specialty coffee shop.

I ordered my uncle and aunt the fruit and wine basket for their honeymoon cruise. It was one of the things most recommended by people here on Cruise Critics. I thought it was sort of funny to order them more food on a cruise, but they said it was a nice treat.

I ordered a total of five special occasion cakes on the November 20 sailing of the Conquest. Three of the five cake orders were filled incorrectly: one lacked the custom inscription I ordered and two were delivered to the dining room rather than my cabin. Mistakes on three out of five does not make for a good record, especially when the Conquest staff subsequently refused to remove the charges from my bill for the three errant orders. I have submitted a complaint to Guest Relations but have not yet received a response. I hope your order(s) have a better outcome!

I ordered the Budwiser gift pack. The hats were of very good quality and the guys wore them all week. The cooler came in handy for shore excursions and I did receive four beers in each (I ordered three gift packs). However, the beer mug was generic - not the logo one promised. They were waiting for us in our cabins when we arrived and all the cards were as requested.

I ordered Carnival night shirts and they were laying on our beds after dinner the first night. They were one size fits most and being on the fluffy side, I was worried about the size, but they fit great and we have worn them now for almost a year and washed them many many times and they are still in perfect shape! We loved the gifts!

That was funny!! What was funny about it is, that is what I used to call my Kindergarten teacher!! I loved my kindergarten teacher soooo much!! About 9months ago or so, I was in a local warehouse store and she was the lady at the door checking receipts (she's retired from teaching)...she saw my name - which is very unusual...(I hadn't recognized her at this point...it's been a LONG time :rolleyes:) and as soon as she said who is was..it all came gushing back to me...Almost in tears!!!! :D

I ordered the Budwiser gift pack. The hats were of very good quality and the guys wore them all week. The cooler came in handy for shore excursions and I did receive four beers in each (I ordered three gift packs). However, the beer mug was generic - not the logo one promised. They were waiting for us in our cabins when we arrived and all the cards were as requested.

That is what I was basically thinking - The cooler coming in handy so I don't have to pack one from home!! Coolers didn't leak?? (That is the problem that I have with the 2 soft-sided that we have) Good to hear too that the hats were quality!! Hubby and Son, really don't need another hat...but why not!?! ;)

Archived