Regal Princess October 14 to 21, 2017 New England/Canada

Bimmer09

I made a note on my calendar to check out your next cruise, now if I remember to look at the calendar, nothing special planned until Feb for us.

You'll see the review day after day in late January, hopefully on page one, for a month or so.

My first Crown review was with the pocket Canon camera and that kept it short(ish) but I will have few excursions and days off the ship so I will be taking pics and video of her from top to bottom (er, the waterline).

Where are you going in February?

Norris, thanking you for reading along.

Thank you again, Norris, for a wonderful review! I will be late to your next review, but I promise I have a good excuse. I will be waiting to board the Crown as you are disembarking. I'll wave to you! Have a great time!

Hey-my pleasure and I am glad you enjoyed it. It's cool that you will be boarding as I will be taken off the Crown in a straightjacket. We will be among the last to disembark, which is our habit as we aren't rushing off anywhere.

Enjoy your cruise on the Crown!

Norris

Thank you Norris and Carol for the fun of reading your adventures! I have been lurking all along!

We will be on the Caribbean Princess during some of your Crown sailing, and I checked but we do not

hit Bonaire at the same time. I am excited to get away from the snow and cold here as I imagine you both will be.

Looking forward to catching your next review when we return home.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both!

ROWSE thanks for coming out of the lurking shadows to wish us Happy Holidays! We wish you the same. Have fun and sun on the CB! I'll have to go check your itinerary...

Norris

Norris,

Once again many thanks for an entertaining review with all your awesome/delectable (not just the food photos) pictures.

I've circled January 21st in bold on my calendar.

Best wishes to you and Carol now and in the New Year.

Judy

Judy, glad to have you along for the ride and looking forward to seeing you in the Crown report.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos!

Holiday wishes and Happy New Year to you too!

Norris

Hello Norris

My hubby (DH -for the CC boards) and I have enjoyed reading this review including the photos and notes from your pre and post cruise stay in NYC. Your photos are a pleasure to view and we appreciate your wit and insights in your writing.

We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess from Bklyn to New England and Canada.

Bar Harbor and Acadia Park were highlights for us on that cruise. Your photos brought us good memories !

NYC is our home city.

I was born and raised in Forest Hills, Queens . From a very young age, my parents took me into the “City” for cultural pursuits,and, of course shopping.

After college, I worked for Lord and Taylor in their executive offices on Fifth Ave before beginning my teaching career.

My husband also worked in NYC after college in the marketing field.

We have lived on Eastern LI for many years now,but have been frequent visitors to the City. We so enjoy the atmosphere and so much of what NYC offers.

It is indeed a city of neighborhoods ,each with its’ own character and attractions.

We are very interested in the architectural boat tour that you and Carol took and the Highline walk. Both are on the list for a “sometime”visit to

“our city”.

We both wish you and Carol enjoyable holiday celebrations,a happy and healthy new year and a wonderful cruise on the Crown Princess (one of our favorite ships) !

Mary and John ( that explains the M and J Sailors)

Thank you and Carol. This was great!

Liz, thank you for the compliment and for reading the thing in the first place. I haven't read it yet but will before the Crown so as to be focused on that.

Every Princess cruise has been worth it and I hope I can always say that- I don't feel blasé as its just exciting for me to be on a big ship-the sea and ships being in my blood from childhood thanks to my dad and where I lived. Personality-wise I am not a whiner and enjoy the simple things done well. Princess is not perfect but it makes a good stab at it and the price really packs a lot of Value For Money. I like Celebrity too and my cup runneth over. Of course I can be critical where it is called for but really-cruising is the best way to spend disposable income and get a fantastic experience in return-one to remember and energize you for the 25 weeks of work that can bookend the cruise. We went 36 weeks or so between cruises on Reflection and Regal and boy were we aware of the gap!

Onward to the next! My Shipmate app tells me it is 21 days away...

Happy New Year Liz!

Norris

Thank you Norris & Carol for another great read. It not only made me wish I had another cruise booked but brought back memories of a two week road trip we did to the Maritimes in June 2010. Your post cruise pictures of NYC made me wish I had a return trip planned for there. We spent 6 days there in August 2012 and have always wanted to go back. as always looking forward to your next adventure. I envy your sea days. We are trying a new adventure in May , River cruising in Europe through 5 countries. There is so much to explore it's hard to repeat adventures but reliving memories is great and you helped me do that.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year to you both.

Rosemary

Rosemary, will you write a review on the River Cruise boards? Carol is gung-ho on river cruises, me not so much as I love the big ships on the sea where I don't have to worry about rainy seasons and high water levels and making it under bridges. We have seen the boats as we have driven along the Rhine and Danube and it does look relaxing but as you may be able to tell from my reviews I don't relax for long unless I have a beer and a cigarette until a vase somewhere needs to be photographed .

Which boat are you sailing on? I like that some are being built with real balconies now.

I'm glad you had your memory of the Maritimes jogged by my Regal review and by the NYC cruise. We had a memorable cruise, for sure.

Happy Holidays and I hope to see you in the Crown report!

Norris

Thanks again for a great review, I'm even more excited to board the Regal next month! Loved all of your pictures and comments about NYC. My husband and I grew up and lived in the city until the late 70's, now we're about 50 miles out in the suburbs, visiting our city once a month!

Have a healthy & happy New Year & safe travels too!

Denise

Denise you will have a great time on the Regal in the sunny Caribbean!

Thanks for the comments and I wish I could visit New York City once a month as I feel charged up by the energy in the air there, just walking the streets and enjoying the sights sounds and smells of a really vibrant city. I'm always talking "Manhattan" when I say NYC of course as that is the magnet, not the boroughs. But the wealth and the sophistication (if that is an apt word) is spreading outwards.

Happy New Year to you too! We are getting it off on the right foot as we usually do in January with a warm climate cruise. Let it be, let it be.

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Norris

Thank you for all work work on yet another great review. Happy and safe holidays to you. Looking forward to the next one

Cheers!

Thank you! Then join me for the Crown review around January 21 as I usually start writing the day I get home when it is all still fresh in Carol's notes, if not my mind.

We are looking forward to some sun and blue skies and of course the Princess food 24/7!

I'll be on the ship moreso than I was on the Regal so hopefully will relax and savor the Princess vibe more. I do love the ports we go to on any cruise but at the expense of savoring all the ship has to offer. The Regal I would describe as a destination ship and if we had had more sea days and "down time" I might have savored her more instead of skimming the surface. But I loved the Maritime ports along that unfamiliar coast and couldn't have stayed on the ship in any of them.

Hope you tune in again in 4 weeks!

Norris

Norris thanks once again for a great GSJ. Always entertaining, and your photography skills are really improving. Since no one else bit, Rod Stewart with Every picture tells a story don't it.

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Robert, correct as always re the song I.D. It was an album I played a lot back in the day when it was released.

Good to have you read and comment on the review and thanks for noticing the photo progression. I haven't used the cameras much since coming home as work has got in the way and the cold weather doesn't spur me to get out there-if it snowed I'd brave it. Still I get a week in the sun coming up and plenty of practice.

Hope to see you again in January so I'll wish you a Happy New Year!

Norris

Hello Norris

NYC is our home city.

It is indeed a city of neighborhoods ,each with its’ own character and attractions.

We are very interested in the architectural boat tour that you and Carol took and the Highline walk. Both are on the list for a “sometime”visit to

“our city”.

We both wish you and Carol enjoyable holiday celebrations,a happy and healthy new year and a wonderful cruise on the Crown Princess (one of our favorite ships) !

Mary and John ( that explains the M and J Sailors)

M and J, those two treats-Boat tour and High Line are waiting for you when the weather is better. I wouldn't do either if it was cold or damp but that goes for just about anything except skiing. We have also loved our visit to the Bronx Botanical Gardens in 2009.

Good to hear you like the Crown so much. We have fond memories of her and I have just started to read my old review of her and noticed how much video I was taking back then. Today I often forget I have a camcorder in my bag but hope to give it more use in my next review as I'll have a lot of ship time on my hands.

Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year to you both!

Norris and Carol

Thank you so much Norris for this wonderful review! I looked forward to your posts each day. I’ll be back in January.

I hope you and Carol have a very happy holiday and New Year!

Sue

Sue thanks for reading along. I see you don't have many CC posts but am glad you decided to comment and make yourself known to me.

See you on January 21 and wish you exactly what you wished us!

Norris (and Carol)

Norris - I have read some of your past reviews and stumbled upon this one researching this ship/itinerary as a possibility for 2018.

Your photographs are outstanding, your writing, research and attention to detail are terrific and your humor and warmth are amazing. Thank you for taking the time on this project to inform and entertain us.

Norris - I have read some of your past reviews and stumbled upon this one researching this ship/itinerary as a possibility for 2018.Your photographs are outstanding, your writing, research and attention to detail are terrific and your humor and warmth are amazing. Thank you for taking the time on this project to inform and entertain us.

Richard, thanks for the kind compliments and I'm glad you read the review. I don't recognize your screen name from previous reviews so welcome and thanks for coming forward, out of the shadows!

Please say Hi if you read the Crown review a month from now.

The ship and this itinerary gets a thumbs up and I hope you book it and enjoy. We did luck out with the weather which helped...

Happy Holidays and New Year!

Norris

Norris and Carol, l want to wish both of you a very Happy Holidays! I will be back in the new year yo read about your adventures on the Crown. :D

Nancy, best wishes to you for the Holidays and for a Happy New Year and thanks for reading along once again!

It's snowing in Chicago this morning so thoughts of the Caribbean are very much an antidote!

Cheers,

Norris

Hello Norris -

Have just finished reading your Regal review and want you to know it has been like spending time with a good friend. Love your photos, wit, and obvious love for the sea. Also very much enjoyed the NYC post-cruise pictures and taking us along on the architecture boat tour. We were on a sunset cruise from NJ on a ferry in September, but only on the East side (which was really cool!). Those American Copper Buildings are amazing! Would love to do a boat tour all the way around the city one day.

My sister lives in Manhattan and I really should spend more time visiting her to see the sights (it's been a while). It truly is a one-of-a kind city! Couldn't live there, but fascinating to visit.

We will be on CB mid-March for a 14 day Circle Caribbean cruise and are very excited about it! Have been on Emerald, Ruby, Crown, and now finally CB. Absolutely love the Promenade decks of the Grand Class Ships (as well as Skywalkers during the daytime for a quiet reading spot, or a nap).

Looking forward to reading all about your Crown escapades!

Merry Christmas (although it's almost over now for another year) and a very Happy, healthy New Year to you and Carol!

Patty

We're doing the Azamara Quest Sea of Cortez, round trip San Diego, mainly for the Copper Canyon train ride. I love their smaller ships. I'd love to do a trip report, but my writing and photo skills are kindergarten compared to yours.

Thanks for the response re the Azamara Quest. There are a lot of good videos of that amazing train ride on youtube-Carol and I would have to do that!

You should be snapping away with your camera or camcorder and then share it on the Az board. Like me you will then have a record of your trip forever and show some cruisers parts of the world they may not be familiar with. It is a lot of time spent on a computer though and I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Best wishes for a great voyage!

Norris

Hello Norris -

Have just finished reading your Regal review and want you to know it has been like spending time with a good friend. Love your photos' date=' wit, and obvious love for the sea. Also very much enjoyed the NYC post-cruise pictures and taking us along on the architecture boat tour. We were on a sunset cruise from NJ on a ferry in September, but only on the East side (which was really cool!). Those American Copper Buildings are amazing! Would love to do a boat tour all the way around the city one day.

My sister lives in Manhattan and I really should spend more time visiting her to see the sights (it's been a while). It truly is a one-of-a kind city! Couldn't live there, but fascinating to visit.

We will be on CB mid-March for a 14 day Circle Caribbean cruise and are very excited about it! Have been on Emerald, Ruby, Crown, and now finally CB. Absolutely love the Promenade decks of the Grand Class Ships (as well as Skywalkers during the daytime for a quiet reading spot, or a nap).

Looking forward to reading all about your Crown escapades!

Merry Christmas (although it's almost over now for another year) and a very Happy, healthy New Year to you and Carol!

Patty[/quote']

Patty, thanks for reading this and for your kind compliments!

You will love the Skywalkers on the CB!! There's a moving walkway up to it and then a fantastic view from above the stern.

We are just 17 days away from the Crown Princess....ZERO degrees F in Chicago this morning with a windchill of MINUS 17....so can't wait!!

Norris

Thanks to all for the holiday wishes. We had a lovely quiet time doing many of the things we love including eating well, napping well, going to the movies, and anticipating our next cruise. Norris is super busy and I am off work, which is how our lives usually go. I came across this photo from the last time we took a boat ride around the entire island of Manhattan in 2000. If this copy and paste thing doesn’t work, ask Photo Boy to upload it.

Regards, Carol aka Deck Chair Queen

Thanks to all for the holiday wishes. We had a lovely quiet time doing many of the things we love including eating well, napping well, going to the movies, and anticipating our next cruise. Norris is super busy and I am off work, which is how our lives usually go. I came across this photo from the last time we took a boat ride around the entire island of Manhattan in 2000. If this copy and paste thing doesn’t work, ask Photo Boy to upload it.

Regards, Carol aka Deck Chair Queen

321427484d115ce7a70dee34720b7df2.jpg

• Like 1

Norris, I’ve decided it’s past time for me to come out of the shadows to tell you how much I enjoy your reviews, and appreciate the time and energy spent to write them. You’ve even inspired me to give Princess another look;)

I wish you and Carol a very happy and healthy new year. Cheers!

Michelle

Norris, I’ve decided it’s past time for me to come out of the shadows to tell you how much I enjoy your reviews, and appreciate the time and energy spent to write them. You’ve even inspired me to give Princess another look;)

I wish you and Carol a very happy and healthy new year. Cheers!

Michelle

Michelle, thanks for coming out of the shadows of Lurkdom! I'm glad you were reading along and hope to see you in the Crown review soon.

Thanks for the good wishes for the New Year and we hope the same for you.

Give Princess another look? That's never a bad idea. Which line(s) do you usually sail with?

Cheers,

Norris