Did You Stick With Your First Cruise Line Or Try Others?

sjmbruce

Overtime we changed for many reasons.

It ranged from our age, to our family at the time to the amount of money we were willing to spend to the itinerary to just changes in what appealed to us.

Keith

Yup- agree. Similar situation with us.

Our first cruise was on Celebrity Constellation. It was fine, but we felt we wanted something smaller and higher quality.

We tried Windstar and most of our cruises since then have been on Windstar. If time and itinerary suited, it would be my first choice most of the time. Love being on a small ship that can go into ports that the big ones can't, where there are never lines for anything, country club casual all the time. Love the sails and decor on their sail ships and the large state rooms on their motor yachts. Love the service and the food.

We wanted an Alaska cruise last summer and Windstar wasn't sailing there, though there were rumors that it might announce Alaska cruises for 2018 or 2019. We were sailing with another couple so I analysed the choices, decided on HAL, Crystal or Uncruise depending on what are friends wanted. If it was just me, I'd have chosen Uncruise, my husband and the other couple preferred Crystal so we decided to try that. We had a great time but I still prefer something smaller. I'd travel with them again if the itinerary was right and Windstar not available for it or maybe if it was a cruise where I really wanted the entertainment and lecturers. But most of the time I'd prefer the more intimate Windstar ships.

I'd still like to try Uncruise or Alaska Dream some time. I'd also like to try Star Clipper.

I might sometime go on a mainstream line cruise to do a family cruise with our children and grandchildren, but otherwise, I'll stick to small ships.

How many responders to this thread buy a different make of vehicle every time or do you stick to the same manufacture???

I’m the type of purchaser that sticks to the one that brought me to the dance. If the fit my needs I stick with them until they don’t.

We’ve had some minor issues with some things on some cruises but never any experience that left us wanting to try a different line.

If we sampled some cuisine and we didn’t like it we don’t say all their food is bad. If we took an excursion and it was not to our satisfaction we don’t blame the cruise line, it was a 3rd party they hired out to not the cruise line.

While cruising, we are on vacation, not looking to find things that bug us and make it a bad experience. No worries be happy as they say.

If you find something you like stick with it and HAPPY CRUISING

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have owned and driven Fords, Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs, Dodges, Chryslers, and probably a few more. It's not minor issues that have us trying different lines it is a love of cruising. We like trying different lines and we like different lines for different reasons....just like we like different vehicle brands for different reasons. Your reasoning just doesn't hold true for us and probably many others who choose to sail different lines.

We take 2-3 cruises a year. In past three years, RCCL twice (Explorer and Oasis), MSC Divina twice, NCL Epic, Getaway, and Escape. All have been Caribbean cruises; all islands start to look the same. Next year on NCL Escape (Bermuda) and Dawn (Canada). Most of the ships with exception of Explorer and Epic have been absolutely fantastic. If we cruised only one line, we would have missed some beautiful ships and wonderful times. Also loved our two river cruises on Viking. I think too many people worry about achieving a status on a single cruise line for bragging rights and a few extra benefits. We love the variety of different cruise lines and the latest new ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My choices are based on 1) itinerary; 2) itinerary; 3) itinerary; 4) itinerary; 5) free perks

I have absolutely no brand loyalty at all. This may seem a bit simplistic but in my opinion brand loyalty of any type is for suckers. The cruise lines do not care about me; why should I care about them.

DON

Our first cruise was on Celebrity Constellation. It was fine, but we felt we wanted something smaller and higher quality.

We tried Windstar and most of our cruises since then have been on Windstar. If time and itinerary suited, it would be my first choice most of the time. Love being on a small ship that can go into ports that the big ones can't, where there are never lines for anything, country club casual all the time. Love the sails and decor on their sail ships and the large state rooms on their motor yachts. Love the service and the food.

We wanted an Alaska cruise last summer and Windstar wasn't sailing there, though there were rumors that it might announce Alaska cruises for 2018 or 2019. We were sailing with another couple so I analysed the choices, decided on HAL, Crystal or Uncruise depending on what are friends wanted. If it was just me, I'd have chosen Uncruise, my husband and the other couple preferred Crystal so we decided to try that. We had a great time but I still prefer something smaller. I'd travel with them again if the itinerary was right and Windstar not available for it or maybe if it was a cruise where I really wanted the entertainment and lecturers. But most of the time I'd prefer the more intimate Windstar ships.

I'd still like to try Uncruise or Alaska Dream some time. I'd also like to try Star Clipper.

I might sometime go on a mainstream line cruise to do a family cruise with our children and grandchildren, but otherwise, I'll stick to small ships.

We have been on the Alaska Dream. She is a great ship.

DON

My choices are based on 1) itinerary; 2) itinerary; 3) itinerary; 4) itinerary; 5) free perks

I have absolutely no brand loyalty at all. This may seem a bit simplistic but in my opinion brand loyalty of any type is for suckers. The cruise lines do not care about me; why should I care about them.

DON

LOL, I somewhat agree. Sometimes you can save a lot of money by going with the cheaper cruise and paying for what normally would be a loyalty perk with a dearer line.

My first cruise was meant to sell folks timeshares out of Florida to the Bahamas. I don't live there anymore and they only had one ship. I was going to stick to Royal Caribbean but I'm leaning towards trying new things. Other fun ships with more freestyle, or even something quiet for a cruise or two.