Early Saver Price Drop Question

Susan2u

Hi,

I just did a mock booking and the cruise I booked is $110 cheaper. I looked at the price protection form and it states that if a promotional on board credit was issued as part of your current fair it will be forfeited.

Our cruise was cancelled due to the hurricanes, we rebooked the same cruise for Sept 2018 it went up by $20 and they gave us $200 on board credit for booking the same cruise. Would this be considered a promotional on board credit?

I want to try to have as much information as possible before I call or submit the form.

Thanks in advance Susan

I think you need to call Carnival and ask. This doesn’t seem like promotional OBC to me. Sounds more like a future cruise credit you received because your cruise was cancelled. Think about it this way: someone else booking the same cruise in the same room category, who didn’t have a cruise cancelled by Carnival, wouldn’t have gotten OBC with the booking. Because it wasn’t part of the room rate. In any case, I think it might be treated differently. In any case, it’s worth a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Using price protection you’ll lose your OBCs when trying to get the better rate.

You have to do your own math on your total value/price of your cruise before asking for price reductions.

Failure to do so means you can actually lose money on a lower cabin rate when factoring in OBCs in your total real dollar costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the $200 OBC for a cancelled cruise. I also got a $50obc for the promotion I booked under. I specifically asked if my $200 would follow my booking during price drops and I was told yes. However, I will call if I find any price drops just to make sure it doesn't accidentally get deleted.

We had a price drop so I have already asked our pvp this question and yes, you will lose the OBC, even the additional OBC for the canceled cruises. So even though our cruise price went down we would have ended up with a net loss.

Also, if you had a reduced deposit on the booking you would have to make up the deposit difference as well unless the new price has the same deposit reduction. For example, if you had the $50 deposit sale and the new price is $110 less but requires a full $250 Pp deposit then you will now have to pay the increased deposit cost up front.