11:25 am flight from LAX on a Sunday morning coming from the San Pedro cruise pier

2MORECRUISERS

Hello everyone, has anyone attempted to make a 11:25 am Southwest flight from LAX coming from the San Pedro cruise terminal on a Sunday? We do have the TSA precheck status that should help us through security if we are brave enough to attempt this. Just looking for opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

every week we have a "an i make this early time to lax" thread and every week the answer is the same, most will tell you it is silly to stress, and some will say it is no problem they do it all the time.

it is a toss up, if everything goes perfectly, the boat is on time, you walk off, customs is fast, and your transportation is fast and can navigate the construction at lax, tsa pre is open. sure no problem.

that is a lot of what ifs.

make sure your flight is one of the rescheduleable fares and that southwest will let you move to standby for later flights if you miss that one.

only you can answer if the stress and rush off the boat is worth it.

Make sure you have transportation set getting from the pier to Lax. We had a flight at noon and bearly made it since the uber drivers were all coming from Long Beach and kept calling and canceling on us not wanting to drive to San Pedro. (Odd situation as others were getting picked up by uber and lyft just fine.) Thankfully we were in an early group off the ship and had time to wait the extra hour for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Ask anyone in the LA metro area and they’ll say, “Good luck and have a Plan B.” Ask people who don’t live here and they’ll say, “No problem. Do it all the time.”

LA traffic is horrendous at pretty much any time, day or night, any day of the week. I’ve seen it take 45 minutes to get from the entrance to LAX to the terminal at 10:30pm. It’s taken me three hours to go less than 50 miles. I often drive about twenty miles away and it can take anywhere from 30-75 minutes. You never know.

Put me in the “Good luck with that” group. You may make it, you may not. TSA Pre will help.

Hello everyone, has anyone attempted to make a 11:25 am Southwest flight from LAX coming from the San Pedro cruise terminal on a Sunday? We do have the TSA precheck status that should help us through security if we are brave enough to attempt this. Just looking for opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off the Star yesterday. Purchased the Princess Transfers to LAX. Got off the ship at 815A. Arrived LAX and through with security by 1015A. YMMV.

I'm going to throw this out there.

A couple of weeks ago we were returning a rental car to LAX. We got in the shuttle to the airport at about 9:20 pm. Go to the terminal at 9:55 but only because we got out of the van at terminal 4 and walked to terminal 7. We beat the van.

My point is that even if you can get to the airport quickly, sometimes there is a lot of traffic going into the airport.

Maybe it's only a problem at night. That said, we have a short cruise next month, returning on a Tuesday and we have a 12:30 flight.

Thanks to all that have responded to my post. We have booked a 12:30 pm flight to put our minds at ease. :cool:

Life will be a lot less stressful that!!

However, I will second what abbydancer said, it can take 30 minutes once you get to the airport to reach your terminal, but that later flight will help :)

Enjoy your cruise!