On Anthem Now - Very Disappointed with state of Public areas

Mom2labs

WOW! I must be on a totally different ship right now. Yes on day one when people came on board (whom I will refer to as “slobs”). The ship did look bad. There was a table set up with the cigarettes and a group of “slobs” came along and put there dirty half eaten pizza dishes, coffee cups and empty drink glasses on the counter. Turn around folks Sorrentos is right behind you, put your dirty stuff there, drink glasses on the elevator floor, half eaten plates of food perched on the garbage pails, etc. the cleaning crew was out in full force. The Anthem is a beautiful ship and is clean. Last night in Coastal kitchen the waiters would wipe down the chairs and tables as diners left. Again I say the ship is very well maintained it’s just the “slobs”

Thanks for the warning. We're planning to avoid the dining room and Windjammer on this cruise, but I'll make sure everyone is extra washy washy anyway.

Just curious,if you are planning on avoiding the dining room and WJ. where are you going to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner? 270 and speciality restaurants, or do you have suite?

WOW! I must be on a totally different ship right now. Yes on day one when people came on board (whom I will refer to as “slobs”). The ship did look bad. There was a table set up with the cigarettes and a group of “slobs” came along and put there dirty half eaten pizza dishes, coffee cups and empty drink glasses on the counter. Turn around folks Sorrentos is right behind you, put your dirty stuff there, drink glasses on the elevator floor, half eaten plates of food perched on the garbage pails, etc. the cleaning crew was out in full force. The Anthem is a beautiful ship and is clean. Last night in Coastal kitchen the waiters would wipe down the chairs and tables as diners left. Again I say the ship is very well maintained it’s just the “slobs”

If there is noro onboard, the staff clean clean clean! We have see it in the past. They wipe down surfaces everywhere! It's an all of a sudden change - you cannot miss the difference if you are somewhat observant. And the "washy washy" personnel are more insistent.

Oh please no norovirus! I caught it once on a Norwegian cruise and would not wish that on anyone, its just awful! We will be sailing on the Anthem in 2 weeks...hopefully it is handled by then.

Off topic--Was the ship able to get to CocoCay this past week?

I did not say there was noro virus. There has been no talk of it. It was late and they were cleaning up for the night.

If there is noro onboard, the staff clean clean clean! We have see it in the past. They wipe down surfaces everywhere! It's an all of a sudden change - you cannot miss the difference if you are somewhat observant. And the "washy washy" personnel are more insistent.

That is true I’ve seen noticeable improvement in last day and a half. Would have been good to see it several days ago. I also wondered if the Noro virus was partly responsible for the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not say there was noro virus. There has been no talk of it. It was late and they were cleaning up for the night.

Umm I didn't say YOU said there's norovirus. And YES someone did post that there were cases of it on board. I was referring to the quote below someone posted, not YOURS!

Jerseygirl1416

The captain just confirmed we have several cases of Norovirus on board. Yuk!!! There are tons of kids on board so it’s not surprising. If you’re coming on board tomorrow washy washy!!!

At the end of the captains announcement early this afternoon he talked about noro cases on board and stressed hand washing and said anyone effected could seek free medical assistance and were urged to go to medical.

Oh please no norovirus! I caught it once on a Norwegian cruise and would not wish that on anyone, its just awful! We will be sailing on the Anthem in 2 weeks...hopefully it is handled by then.

Off topic--Was the ship able to get to CocoCay this past week?

Yes we went to Cococay and it was a beautiful day. We rented a bungalow and highly recommend them.

The captain just confirmed we have several cases of Norovirus on board. Yuk!!! There are tons of kids on board so it’s not surprising. If you’re coming on board tomorrow washy washy!!![/

Unless the kids are serving themselves it's the adults using the bathroom and then touching the serving utensils on the buffets .

Be safe and enjoy, weather in jersey is nice for your return

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your response. I see we have been on many ships of the same. Allure, Oasis, Summit, Breakaway, Explorer and the Anthem. I have to say that the Anthem is my least favorite Ship and miss the Explorer :(

We also went on Oasis, Breakaway, Explorer, Liberty and Anthem among others. Anthem was the least favorite. Going on Adventure in July - it's the same Voyager class as Explorer! So exciting, I hope the didn't "improve" anything in a wrong direction...

Anyway, we just got off Anthem. We were surprised that Cafe promenade did not offer paper coffee cups. Not only it creates a risk of scalding when navigating through very overrun esplanade, but then you have to ditch the cup somewhere. It was so much easier on previous ships to just throw cups away. Oh, and please don't say environment concern, as all the specialty coffee stands had paper cups just fine. I think it's another trick to get you buy specialty coffee. We did have a Norovirus outbreak on our cruise 11/4, and I blame it on reusable cups, and coffee stirrers - they are not individually wrapped and you have to touch a couple of them to get one out...and wait for it....I saw people actually putting their used ones back in...wheeee.....after that, I was using forks from promenade to stir my coffee...And as much as we loved Windjammer, we didn't like the kids grabbing chips with their hands, and I also saw a kid dropping serving utensil on a floor and putting it right back up. we had a 1000 kids on this sailing, no wonder we had a noro outbreak. That plus people refilling their personal cups of water where it's clearly marked they shouldn't do it. Yes, there is a lot of RC fault for making strange changes, but I also blame fellow guests for lack of common sense and basic decency. We are all on this boat together, people...

We are booked on anthem for May, I am worried we are making a mistake now. We have cruised oasis, allure, and harmony being we live only 40 min from Fort Lauderdale. We decided to try anthem and go to nyc for 3-4 nights too. I sure hope it’s not that bad.

Ouch....after Oasis class, you are up for disappointment...our Cruise Director even joked about people from Florida flying to sail on Anthem. Anyway, you just have to have your own opinion. We did it, not for us, but I remember reading bad reviews on Oasis before we sailed with her and oh boy, am I glad we experienced her. Just manage your expectations. Ask any questions. Don't expect Oasis class bells and whistles...