On Anthem Now - Very Disappointed with state of Public areas

Mom2labs

I’m on Anthem now too and have no idea what the OP is talking about. This is one of the cleanest ships I’ve been on. Anywhere I go I can sit with no mess on the table and have seen no food or dishes on elevators. Just pulled up to Cococay and it’s a beautiful day!!

No surprise there. It's incredible how people's perceptions and experiences may vary on the same ship and itinerary.

Every ship I've been on in the past two years has had dusty cabins. Some worse than others but I don't think they do a good job with that. I generally didn't complain because it seemed a bit trivial to take him on a white glove tour to show major spots missed. Also, I don't think they vacuum much.

As to dishes laying around, again some ships are worse than others. In Windjammers, I've seen bus people walking around cloth in hand, but somehow didn't notice the unbussed tables./

It was a little more than a little dust. Dirty windows stains on door of fridge, streaked mirror. Just a very dirty cabin as compared to other cruises.

I have booked Anthem for 1 year from now - over the Halloween week - and am now very concerned about rough seas and a lack of staffing on the ship for the quantity of passengers. I've never been a fan of the bigger ships - for just the point of trying to keep the ship managed, but wanted to do this ship because of the port location - and that I wouldn't have to take a plane to get to the ship.

I'd be curious to know as the trip goes on, did the service get any better? And how were the seas? Barring the Sunday storm (which may not repeat in a year) - how was the sailing from Cape Liberty?

The service was never bad. We’ve had great service from the time we boarded the ship. At slower times like in Michael’s there will only be one bartender but you never have to wait more than 2 minutes. Lots of bartenders on duty up on the pool deck. They have staff cleaning up after passengers all over the ship. At busy times it may take them a few minutes to get to a table but they too are doing a good job.

As far as the seas, the first two nights were rough. We didn’t get seasick but you could feel the movement. Since then it’s been smooth sailing. Calm seas and the Anthem moves slowly.

The only negative I’d say is that I wish they had an outdoor adult only pool. There are a lot of kids on board and with only two pools and not a lot for the really young kids to do they are filling pools and hot tubs. I did see them have to enforce the no swim diaper rule several times and I felt bad for the kids even though I understand the rule so I’d like to just be away from all that.

Other than that the ship is clean, beautiful and has lots going on. Don’t worry!:)

I have booked Anthem for 1 year from now - over the Halloween week - and am now very concerned about rough seas and a lack of staffing on the ship for the quantity of passengers. I've never been a fan of the bigger ships - for just the point of trying to keep the ship managed, but wanted to do this ship because of the port location - and that I wouldn't have to take a plane to get to the ship.

I'd be curious to know as the trip goes on, did the service get any better? And how were the seas? Barring the Sunday storm (which may not repeat in a year) - how was the sailing from Cape Liberty?

I sailed on Anthem to Canada/New England on 10/12/17 for the first time, just booked the 10/27/18 to Bahamas that you are on. LOVED everything about the ship. With the exception of a few dishes left on tables in 270, found it very clean and enjoyed many lunches there (did notice there was no place to put our dirty dishes, but staff picked up in 270 regularly. The long tables across from Next Cruise weren't tended to as quickly, but they were also used for card playing a lot of the time rather than dining). Dinners were mostly in Coastal Kitchen, but we also ate in dining room 2 evenings and had breakfast there many mornings. iFLY, Northstar, and bumper cars all very cool. See you onboard! :cool:

Native New Yorker here! I tried, I mean really, really tried to bus my own table in the Windjammer, but I got the no no no, stop it smack down from the crew LOL. Apparently they really don't want you going into that little clearing station room in the back.

I'm really not sure what a passenger is supposed to do if there is no designated place to put things. I loved Anthem and didn't notice anything beyond the expected.

I am also on this cruise right now, this is my 3rd anthem cruise, and not sure how many rccl altogether but I am diamond. there is definately somthing off about this sailing. It seems crowded everywhere, the windjammer is complete chaos and yes there are dirty dishes sitting around too long in windjammer, cafe promenade and 270. I feel like just a number on this sailing. Last night was a big Halloween costume party held in 270, the venue could not handle the volume of people and many including my family just walked in and a few feet in turned around and left bc it was a madhouse. All over the ship it was very warm, not a great combo when people are dressed in costume. That said, the haunted house was done very well but the line to get in was very long. I decided to go just about closing time in order to avoid the wait.

Well I’ve been trying to “not notice” and get in with enjoying myself. However it’s 4:10 in Solarium and there are cans glasses and water bottles on ledges and I’ve watched 3 staff walk by, look at it and keep walking by. We’ve been here over an hour. One staff member actually walked the rolling cart of dirty dishes right past it looked at didn’t take any of the glasses and keep walking! It’s really amazing how they have blinders on. Oh here comes another one does he take it ...... nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also on this cruise right now, this is my 3rd anthem cruise, and not sure how many rccl altogether but I am diamond. there is definately somthing off about this sailing. It seems crowded everywhere, the windjammer is complete chaos and yes there are dirty dishes sitting around too long in windjammer, cafe promenade and 270. I feel like just a number on this sailing. Last night was a big Halloween costume party held in 270, the venue could not handle the volume of people and many including my family just walked in and a few feet in turned around and left bc it was a madhouse. All over the ship it was very warm, not a great combo when people are dressed in costume. That said, the haunted house was done very well but the line to get in was very long. I decided to go just about closing time in order to avoid the wait.

What does being Diamond have to do with anything? I have never understood this. Does it mean Diamonds are entitled to something other than the rest of us? I don't get it and I hope one day someone will explain to me why people are always stating their status. In other words, you made a statement based on your opinion. Great.... but why did you have to let us all know you are Diamond? To "me"....it's sound like you should not have to endure the crowds and chaos because of your status. Maybe I'm wrong. Would love an explanation. Thank you

Edited by champagne123
nnnn

What does being Diamond have to do with anything? I have never understood this. Does it mean Diamonds are entitled to something other than the rest of us? I don't get it and I hope one day someone will explain to me why people are always stating their status.

I would think that stating Diamond, is a way of saying that they have been on many Royal ships and they have a reference for comparing the crew activities of different ships and being able to comment with a little experience. Not an EGO thing like you seem to imply or assume. Hopefully today is the day you will look at it a little differently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on anthem 11/4 (in 3 days) and can't wait! I am happy to see the different perspectives on this thread. It puts things in....well, perspective lol.

Anyway, hopefully any issues they're experiencing with lack of timely clean up will be addressed on this sailing. I do recommend that people complain if they feel there's a lack of adequate attention being paid to the common spaces. Common spaces are where germs are most often spread and,as we all know, cruise ships are more susceptible to virus and bacteria transmission. Speak up!

Off topic, outside of YouTube, this message board is one of the most aggressive collection of threads I have ever seen. In almost every thread there is an open conflict btwn posters and the scary part is it doesn't seem to be by way of intentional trolling the way it is on YouTube or other social sites. Chill, people. I don't care if you're emerald, diamond, or triple double and tripled again pinnacle king of the universe..... everyone is entitled to their opinion and thoughts. ****.

Anyway, see my fellow cruisers this Saturday 11/4 :)

I would think that stating Diamond, is a way of saying that they have been on many Royal ships and they have a reference for comparing the crew activities of different ships and being able to comment with a little experience. Not an EGO thing like you seem to imply or assume. Hopefully today is the day you will look at it a little differently.

That's the way I see it too. Over time people's expectations get calibrated by experience with everything in life. I guess stating C&A status is shorthand for saying I've been on X many cruises, but Diamond does seem like the milestone where it kicks in most often.

Just a follow up, before we left solarium a supervisor/manager did come by, look at mess looked at his watch and then picked it up. I did speak with him and he said I was right. It was there too long.

Hahaha I was in Jamie’s last night for dinner and was freezing.

We’re experiencing great service, watching a crew work hard and having a good time. Maybe we’re just not high maintenance people?;)

What does being Diamond have to do with anything? I have never understood this. Does it mean Diamonds are entitled to something other than the rest of us? I don't get it and I hope one day someone will explain to me why people are always stating their status. In other words, you made a statement based on your opinion. Great.... but why did you have to let us all know you are Diamond? To "me"....it's sound like you should not have to endure the crowds and chaos because of your status. Maybe I'm wrong. Would love an explanation. Thank you

Maybe you should read Mgmigs post more carefully before jumping down his/her throat. Poster was just saying they are repeat Anthem and Royal cruisers so know what to expect. And based on their cruising experience current Anthem sailing is atypical with respect to crowds and slow cleanup. Poster never requested special treatment. Chill out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

+1 .

I'm not high maintenance but found fault with the level of cleanliness on this ship. I don't expect anything more than good manners from employees and a clean cabin. If that's high maintenance then I don't know what the world is coming to

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

Yes, thank you bananawindnj and the others who understood my post. I was just trying to say I’ve been on many rccl cruises and have never seen wht I am seeing on this cruise. This is not typical for rccl.

I hope some will find value in my contribution to this forum just as I truly value the contributions posted by the other posters.

Edited by mgmigs

I'm on anthem 11/4 (in 3 days) and can't wait! I am happy to see the different perspectives on this thread. It puts things in....well, perspective lol.

Anyway, hopefully any issues they're experiencing with lack of timely clean up will be addressed on this sailing. I do recommend that people complain if they feel there's a lack of adequate attention being paid to the common spaces. Common spaces are where germs are most often spread and,as we all know, cruise ships are more susceptible to virus and bacteria transmission. Speak up!

Off topic, outside of YouTube, this message board is one of the most aggressive collection of threads I have ever seen. In almost every thread there is an open conflict btwn posters and the scary part is it doesn't seem to be by way of intentional trolling the way it is on YouTube or other social sites. Chill, people. I don't care if you're emerald, diamond, or triple double and tripled again pinnacle king of the universe..... everyone is entitled to their opinion and thoughts. ****.

Anyway, see my fellow cruisers this Saturday 11/4 :)

We'll be joining you on Nov4th! Unfortunately, this forum is no different than any other. People always feel enabled to make snide derogatory comments (I think it's the anonymity). I am sure the points on here about cleanliness are valid and it may seem dirtier than usual. Could be that with the itinerary change there's a lot of new crew. Hopefully when we get on board the quirks will be worked out. Others have said it's not nearly as bad as some are saying here. And maybe it's just perception. I can't say until I see it for myself. I have a few friends from another unrelated forum who are on Anthem now and they say it doesn't seem unusually dirty. So who knows?