On Anthem Now - Very Disappointed with state of Public areas

Mom2labs

Either way, if it's enough for paying guests to notice and comment on, strong likelihood exists that staffing levels are not adequate to keep the brochure fantasy going. That's my usual barometer of things; does it live up to the glossy advertisement?

I am on anthem now as well, the ship seems much more crowded than normal. Interestingly enough on day one within 15min while sitting at patisserie I had some lady put her used drinking glass on my table while I was sitting there and I had a crew member take away my drinking glass before I was finished without even asking if he could take it!!!

I am on anthem now as well, the ship seems much more crowded than normal. Interestingly enough on day one within 15min while sitting at patisserie I had some lady put her used drinking glass on my table while I was sitting there and I had a crew member take away my drinking glass before I was finished without even asking if he could take it!!!

:eek: Got to have to wonder about people who think it's okay to put their dirty glass on someone else's table. Yikes

Thank you for your response. I see we have been on many ships of the same. Allure, Oasis, Summit, Breakaway, Explorer and the Anthem. I have to say that the Anthem is my least favorite Ship and miss the Explorer :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can keep the Explorer & Summit, I take the Anthem anytime.

The port is 15 minutes from our house! Also, being from Staten Island we are not quite New Yorkers. We like Anthem but do prefer the Oasis class. We tried to go on the Allure in Sept. but the hurricane got us. This trip our son had already booked so we are going with them on the 11th. Used our FCC to book. We would be happy if Royal brought in some new ships, we did like Liberty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, with Adventure coming into Bayonne next year, we'll have something else to try. She's always had a wonderful reputation so I'm hoping that continues when she comes up north.

We'll be on Anthem in December. Sailed her for Christmas in 2015, repeating this year.

I've sailed on her 12 times, with many more booked through 2019. A big reason is it's less than an hour to the port. I must be incredibility lucky as I've never had any of the problems I read about. Never had a problem with the original Dynamic Dining, until they added the rotational, and the worst that happened is we had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Love the Music Hall. Love 270, Love the solarium. Never had a problem finding a deck chair. Love WWRY and Spectras and still go on each sailing. Most of all I love all the solo cruisers I meet and have sailed with some of them many, many times. To me that's what makes a cruise - the people I meet, and yes most of them are from NY and NJ.

I just got off yesterday, and there were some dishes on the tables in 270, but they were cleaned off within a reasonable amount of time. I didn't go to the Cafe or Sorrentos. The WJ tables were cleaned before I even finished chewing my food. There were men walking around decks 14 and 15 picking up all the glasses/dishes all the time.

Maybe they were short staffed because of the weather on this cruise. Seasick crew. I live at the beach at the Jersey Shore and the ocean was wild last night and today.

Actually I enjoyed the rotational DD better than the original on the Quantum. Talking about mediocre service & unhappy crewmembers, it happened on the Quantum right after it was announced that it was being relocated to China.

On anthem now. Have not noticed the dish issue, but gave not spent time at the places memtionef. We have observed how crowded the ship has felt. With the bad weather yesterday, most people were inside and it showed! What I also noticed is how dirty the windows are in our cabin and throughout the ship. I also noticed the lamps in a restaurant needed cleaning. I have found some examples of great service, and other not so great examples. Jury is still out for me on the Anthem.

We are booked on anthem for May, I am worried we are making a mistake now. We have cruised oasis, allure, and harmony being we live only 40 min from Fort Lauderdale. We decided to try anthem and go to nyc for 3-4 nights too. I sure hope it’s not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never worried about a booking after reading reviews and have never been disappointed. Take them with a grain of salt. Cruising is a service industry. They want you back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have to think there are things going on behind the scenes that are keeping staff from cleaning properly. Sea sickness like someone else said or a new crew or training or something. Though I've seen food plates around it's never looked like that on any of my RRCL cruises. I would definitely say something. Maybe if there are enough complaints, management will reevaluate and reassign staff. If you want it to get better you have to make it known that there's an issue. :@)

Sorry to disagree, but last year on Allure, there were so many dirty dishes in Park Cafe, that everyone was bussing their tables, and piling the dirty dishes in one spot. And we were in port that day. So, it happens on occasion everywhere. Eventually, some personel did clean up the dirty dishes.

We made the best of it, and actually met some nice people to share our table with.

I have yet to see any solutions proposed on this thread. Advice to collect evidence and lodge complaints with the crew is not a solution, it’s just a suggestion and an obvious one at that.

I had a conversation with a German tourist about this on the Liberty a while ago. His personal view as a German is that each year he cruises he sees Americans are getting fatter and more obnoxious. The word he used would roughly translate to "slobs". It is an interesting observation as I feel we are a "its all about me" society at the moment. I guess the solution is to start raising children to respect the world around them. But since many parents don;t it is a hard thing to teach.

I had a conversation with a German tourist about this on the Liberty a while ago. His personal view as a German is that each year he cruises he sees Americans are getting fatter and more obnoxious. The word he used would roughly translate to "slobs". It is an interesting observation as I feel we are a "its all about me" society at the moment. I guess the solution is to start raising children to respect the world around them. But since many parents don;t it is a hard thing to teach.

I like your comments and feel you are sadly right. And also the rest of the world is watching America deal with ugly politics too.

I have yet to see any solutions proposed on this thread. Advice to collect evidence and lodge complaints with the crew is not a solution, it’s just a suggestion and an obvious one at that.

Actually Merion Mom posted a perfect example of what to do in one of her earilier posts. Guess you missed it!

Saw the same and was pretty shocked. Dirtiest ship we have sailed but I was shocked at the lack of attempt to clean up. Our cabin looked like it hadn't been vacuumed and dusted in a while. And before you say I should have complained, I shouldn't have to and cloroxed it myself.

Every ship I've been on in the past two years has had dusty cabins. Some worse than others but I don't think they do a good job with that. I generally didn't complain because it seemed a bit trivial to take him on a white glove tour to show major spots missed. Also, I don't think they vacuum much.

As to dishes laying around, again some ships are worse than others. In Windjammers, I've seen bus people walking around cloth in hand, but somehow didn't notice the unbussed tables./

b2f2a364d0bbe36e857209827c9e056d.jpg

I would go to Guest Services and ask to speak to the Hotel Director. I would ask him if understaffing is a problem, or what, because you are very disheartened by the lack of staff picking up the dirty dishes all over the ship. You may want to be fully "armed" with pictures that are clearly from various parts of the ship

Good luck.

Here you go. Perfect example of what to do. Do you have a better idea? The Hotel Manager is the person that this needs attention.

Every ship I've been on in the past two years has had dusty cabins. Some worse than others but I don't think they do a good job with that. I generally didn't complain because it seemed a bit trivial to take him on a white glove tour to show major spots missed. Also, I don't think they vacuum much.

As to dishes laying around, again some ships are worse than others. In Windjammers, I've seen bus people walking around cloth in hand, but somehow didn't notice the unbussed tables./

I've noticed that too. IMHO, a lot of that is flipping the ship too quickly.

It's hard to argue with the truth.

I have booked Anthem for 1 year from now - over the Halloween week - and am now very concerned about rough seas and a lack of staffing on the ship for the quantity of passengers. I've never been a fan of the bigger ships - for just the point of trying to keep the ship managed, but wanted to do this ship because of the port location - and that I wouldn't have to take a plane to get to the ship.

I'd be curious to know as the trip goes on, did the service get any better? And how were the seas? Barring the Sunday storm (which may not repeat in a year) - how was the sailing from Cape Liberty?

I’m on Anthem now too and have no idea what the OP is talking about. This is one of the cleanest ships I’ve been on. Anywhere I go I can sit with no mess on the table and have seen no food or dishes on elevators. Just pulled up to Cococay and it’s a beautiful day!!

I have booked Anthem for 1 year from now - over the Halloween week - and am now very concerned about rough seas and a lack of staffing on the ship for the quantity of passengers. I've never been a fan of the bigger ships - for just the point of trying to keep the ship managed, but wanted to do this ship because of the port location - and that I wouldn't have to take a plane to get to the ship.

I'd be curious to know as the trip goes on, did the service get any better? And how were the seas? Barring the Sunday storm (which may not repeat in a year) - how was the sailing from Cape Liberty?

Read this review she is on the ship right now total different review.

Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

1 2 3 ... Last

DaisyL