any news on when the next reveal will be?

Schplinky

Regarding place for a band that vtcruising suggested, "This is where I was thinking the band could go (red circle below)." that puts a lot of people sitting behind the band. Not saying that's impossible, since there is some seating behind the band on the other S class ships (not Reflection) but it's a bit odd.

Regarding place for a band that vtcruising suggested, "This is where I was thinking the band could go (red circle below)." that puts a lot of people sitting behind the band. Not saying that's impossible, since there is some seating behind the band on the other S class ships (not Reflection) but it's a bit odd.

True, maybe there will only be a DJ in there. Hopefully there will be a nice live music lounge onboard (in addition to the house bands playing in the atrium) or we won't be repeat customers as it's a very high priority for my DH. There are still some gray areas to be filled on the deck plans and I'm sure the venue layouts already filled in are not finalized. Will stay tuned.... :D

What worries me is that they seem to have announcedall the bars and lounges. I hope there is more to come. And i really hope there will be sound separation between the atrium and Guest Services if there’s going to be music in the atrium. It’s nearly impossible to discuss anything with the staff there with loud music playing. And let’s hope there’s nothing of a personal or confidential nature to discuss because right now, at least on S Class, you have to shout at the Guest Relations staff tobe heard over the music.

True, maybe there will only be a DJ in there. Hopefully there will be a nice live music lounge onboard (in addition to the house bands playing in the atrium) or we won't be repeat customers as it's a very high priority for my DH. There are still some gray areas to be filled on the deck plans and I'm sure the venue layouts already filled in are not finalized. Will stay tuned.... :D

I wonder if Celebrity is planning on moving away from live music. The reason I bring this up, on our last cruise on Eclipse, this past April, the cruise director and others made comments about how wonderful it is to have live music. I remember at the time thinking that they seem to be lobbying management. It could have been over thinking this... but companies are always looking for ways to increase revenue and reduce expenses. So it would not surprise me that someone is asking... themselves... the benefit of live vs digital/tape/recorded music. I personally prefer live.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke for quite a while to an X person about several things regarding the Edge.

A couple of tidbits:

She said there will be 2 more reveals and yes, we might have to wait another month - she laughed when I said it was frustratingly slow and said it is frustrating for them too. Retail will be one of the reveals.

She said that there are still a few things to be filled in on the deck plans. She wasn't sure about the library, but thought there could be some sort of reading nook, not a full library.

She said that the ILounge would be much bigger than usual and there might be quiet space in there to hang out and read.

She said that art will be a huge deal on the Edge and that they have invested heavily in art for the ship. There will be an Art Museum that will have actual artworks on display (I think she said that it was in alliance with an actual art museum, but not sure I'm remembering that correctly).

We talked about the Magic Carpet quite a bit. She said she gets lots of questions about noise from people with cabins around the MC. She said that they have worked hard to keep it as quiet as possible and that it would move very few times a day (and would be in the dailies). I put the wind discussion in the Dining thread, but she really felt that it wouldn't be windy to dine there - she mentioned "closing the windows", which I took to mean on the ends, but should have asked if the front stayed open.

She will check on the christening ceremony date and get back to me. She thought the ship would be in port about a week before the Dec 1 cruise. I told her that I was going on the pre-preview cruise and she said all of the Celebrity execs would be onboard to make sure everything is working as it should. I will be sure to post a selfie of me and my new BFF LLP. ;)

We had a very nice chat and I offered to buy her a drink if she gets to go on a preview cruise. ;) Sorry, I can't believe I forgot to ask about the Thalassotherapy Pool - so many questions and so little time! She told me to call back anytime and I said good, my husband is getting sick of me talking to him about the Edge. :D