any news on when the next reveal will be?

Schplinky

My best guest would be because of the price. There is a $55.00/pp surcharge.

I think it’s a $30 pp surcharge on a normal price of $25 pp. Also, in the sample videos I’ve seen, everyone is having the same entree (lobster in one video, steak in another). If that’s how it works, they may assume they cannot fill the venue with people wanting that exact entree every night.

Edited by Silkroad

My best guest would be because of the price. There is a $55.00/pp surcharge.

If they think that $55 will be that much of a deterrence, then why not lower it and offer it every evening? And possibly more than once an evening? It smells of a marketing tactic to me.

If they think that $55 will be that much of a deterrence, then why not lower it and offer it every evening? And possibly more than once an evening? It smells of a marketing tactic to me.

Perhaps because they realize that some people [moi] would be freaked out by the concept, so they want to fill the restaurant most nights.

Perhaps because they realize that some people [moi] would be freaked out by the concept, so they want to fill the restaurant most nights.

And there you go! Win for X. (And that would be "fill the restaurant one or two nights.) ;p

Again, my best guess would be that not all guests would like the menu. 😉

X hasn’t listed anywhere just how many guests could be booked for each event, maybe it’s a limited number. And it probably wouldn’t be offered every night because “the show” could possibly be disruptive to other diners who had not booked and paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, okay, okay.... any ideas or rumors or conjectures as to the next reveal or if there will be any more anytime soon?

Have I seen all that there will be?

TIA - bon voyage

They have The Club on decks 4&5, which will have music and dancing. I am really hoping this turns out to be a nice venue.

"Keep the party going late into the night at The Club. Dance to your heart’s content and lounge in a sumptuous, modern seating area."

enhance

enhance

enhance

That doesn’t look like a live music venue. No bandstand, for one thing.

I think this photo is a very small part of the venue. If you look at the deck plan, I think the photo is the port side where the bar is and there is a large area to the right that looks like a place for a band and dancing. I’m not sure what’s up on deck 5 - more seats or more intimate venue for guitar player?

I've been thinking about where they will hold the Elite and above events. I was trying to think outside the box (Eden and The Club might be options).

My gut feeling is that they won't do this because they are running out of space, but they could have an Elite and above lounge for the morning breakfast, nightly cocktail hour and other Captain's Club events so that they don't have to take over another public venue (like RCI's Diamond Lounge). Since more real estate was given to suites on this class of ship, the non-suite passengers who are non-Elite may not be thrilled with public space taken over a couple of times a day for CC private events. It almost seems better to allocate it at the beginning.

I don't have a strong feeling one way or another, but thought I would throw out the speculation while waiting for the next reveal..... :D

I suppose they could use The Meeting Space - it sounds like that can be set up for events, cocktail parties so possibly could be used for CC events. It's about 2000 sq ft and has a fully equipped pantry for food and beverages and mobile bars, though I think it would only hold 70 people when set up as a lounge.

enhance

Another possibility is Destination Gateway on deck 2 (where people disembark for tenders). That also has a fully equipped bar and pantry.

Anyway, fun to speculate! :D

THEre seems to be enough space in the CLub for dancing but I don’t see where the band would be. I HOPE this is not a dj-only ship!

This is where I was thinking the band could go (red circle below). I don't have a good sense of how much space, but it looks to me like a similar area for band and dancing as the Sky Lounge on the Reflection. I circled the areas for The Club and the Sky Lounge to show about where the band goes and what is left for dancing. I could be way off, but on at least paper it looks like it would work. :D

I doubt they will only have a DJ, but if they do, we likely wouldn't book again.

enhance

enhance

I am going to miss the sky lounge. Is there another place that is available to non suite passengers that would be good for viewing ocean during departure? Nice place for Elite cocktail hour... as sun sets.

Thank you everyone for the follow up!

I have missed a few of the most recent reveals... oh my...

Hopefully I will not miss the ship on our sail date! LOL

bon voyage

VT I think you may be on to something. The Club would be a good place for the Elite Captains Cocktail hour. Like the Sky lounge it is not heavily used during cocktail hour... more of a late evening dance venue. Eden could also be used, but if they serve meals it will be difficult to have this and cocktail hour. My one issue with Celebrity ships is that there are few places to see the water. They tend to keep the curtains closed in those areas which do have a view. I hope that this will not be the case with the Edge.

VT I think you may be on to something. The Club would be a good place for the Elite Captains Cocktail hour. Like the Sky lounge it is not heavily used during cocktail hour... more of a late evening dance venue. Eden could also be used, but if they serve meals it will be difficult to have this and cocktail hour. My one issue with Celebrity ships is that there are few places to see the water. They tend to keep the curtains closed in those areas which do have a view. I hope that this will not be the case with the Edge.

Eden on the 5th deck only would be a great place for the Captain's Club cocktail hour (bar and Café area are on that deck, with outside seating), but timing wise I don't know if it would work since part of the Eden dinner is to have a drink at the bar before dinner and dinner starts at 6.

enhance

Please vtcruising, please have The Edge cabin worksheet online before December . There are so many unanswered cabin questions.

I'm working on it, though usually it isn't filled out until people actually sail in the cabins! :D

Maybe Lloyd will have some interior cabin pictures for us before December or at least some close ups of the exterior once those plastic covers are removed.

Edited by vtcruising