The Sanctuary vs. Cabana rental

divaofdisney

Would like someone's opinion on whether it would be better to book just sea days in sanctuary or do just the cabana rental- what is the cost of the cabana rental for the day and what does this include. I know the prices of sanctuary already just trying to decide which to do?? Does anyone have a preference on either one?? We are cruising on the Regal 12/10 thanks.

The cabana rental does not include anything except the nicer chairs and the cabana. They are right by the adult pool and we thought were a better deal than the sanctuary. As if my memory serves me right, the cabana was $50 for the day and the sanctuary is $40 PP which s $80 per day for two. The sanctuary does include tea in the afternoon with treats and small sandwiches. It includes water too. I think it might include food but you do pay a delivery charge. - We enjoyed the cabana a lot and if on the Royal again, that is the way we would go

Would like someone's opinion on whether it would be better to book just sea days in sanctuary or do just the cabana rental- what is the cost of the cabana rental for the day and what does this include. I know the prices of sanctuary already just trying to decide which to do?? Does anyone have a preference on either one?? We are cruising on the Regal 12/10 thanks.

Which Cabanas are you talking about, the ones in the Sanctuary or the ones by the pool? Makes a huge difference in price! The ones by the pool are $50 for a half day and $$80 for the full day. The ones in the Sanctuary which are really nice, have snacks and a TV with 2 lounge chairs in front are $140 for a half day and $220 for a full day. At least those were the prices last year.

If it's the one by the pool, it's nothing like the Sanctuary. You have a couple of lounge chairs with a covering overhead. It's great if you don't like to sit in the sun as you will be in the shade. One complaint is that people can sit on the pool ledge directly in front of you. They are a great option though.

Here is a picture. regal princess pool cabanas

If you want the Sanctuary for the sea days, you better get up there very quickly as these sell out fast. The Cabanas by the pool also sell out fairly quickly for the sea days.

The cabana rental does not include anything except the nicer chairs and the cabana. They are right by the adult pool and we thought were a better deal than the sanctuary. As if my memory serves me right, the cabana was $50 for the day and the sanctuary is $40 PP which s $80 per day for two. The sanctuary does include tea in the afternoon with treats and small sandwiches. It includes water too. I think it might include food but you do pay a delivery charge. - We enjoyed the cabana a lot and if on the Royal again, that is the way we would go

Thank you so much for your reply...I also saw where you could order picnic basket to the cabana, any idea on the cost of that?? I think price wise it would be less expensive but not too sure just yet. Would love to get more opinions on this. We have a large amt of OBC and this would truly be a great way to experience it.

Thank you so much for your reply...I also saw where you could order picnic basket to the cabana, any idea on the cost of that?? I think price wise it would be less expensive but not too sure just yet. Would love to get more opinions on this. We have a large amt of OBC and this would truly be a great way to experience it.

They are no longer doing the picnic baskets unfortunately, we couldn't get that again last year.

Which Cabanas are you talking about, the ones in the Sanctuary or the ones by the pool? Makes a huge difference in price! The ones by the pool are $50 for a half day and $$80 for the full day. The ones in the Sanctuary which are really nice, have snacks and a TV with 2 lounge chairs in front are $140 for a half day and $220 for a full day. At least those were the prices last year.

If it's the one by the pool, it's nothing like the Sanctuary. You have a couple of lounge chairs with a covering overhead. It's great if you don't like to sit in the sun as you will be in the shade. One complaint is that people can sit on the pool ledge directly in front of you. They are a great option though.

Here is a picture. regal princess pool cabanas

If you want the Sanctuary for the sea days, you better get up there very quickly as these sell out fast. The Cabanas by the pool also sell out fairly quickly for the sea days.

Yes I was referring to the ones at the retreat pool- the cabana in sanctuary - how many people does this include?? I am travelling with my husband and 20 year old daughter- so I would like for all of us to share in the experience together. We should be onboard relatively early as we have club class and have priority boarding...we plan to haul our butts up there quickly to do this as soon as we get on the ship. Thanks.

Yes I was referring to the ones at the retreat pool- the cabana in sanctuary - how many people does this include?? I am travelling with my husband and 20 year old daughter- so I would like for all of us to share in the experience together. We should be onboard relatively early as we have club class and have priority boarding...we plan to haul our butts up there quickly to do this as soon as we get on the ship. Thanks.

BVE experience will board first, followed by Elite, full suites and club class all together so do haul your butts up there! The people that get there earliest will get on first.

There is a sofa and 2 chairs inside and 2 lounge chairs outside. The 3 of you would be able to sit in the cabana but they won't put more than the 2 lounge chairs outside of the cabana in the sun.

There is a fruit bowl and 2 containers of ice water, one with fruit and one with cucumber which you can enjoy all day in the Sanctuary. They also bring tea service with scones, small sandwiches and desserts around 3 pm every day.

You also get extra snacks in the cabana but I have never really paid attention to that as I have always done a weekly pass in the Sanctuary.

BVE experience will board first, followed by Elite, full suites and club class all together so do haul your butts up there! The people that get there earliest will get on first.

There is a sofa and 2 chairs inside and 2 lounge chairs outside. The 3 of you would be able to sit in the cabana but they won't put more than the 2 lounge chairs outside of the cabana in the sun.

There is a fruit bowl and 2 containers of ice water, one with fruit and one with cucumber which you can enjoy all day in the Sanctuary. They also bring tea service with scones, small sandwiches and desserts around 3 pm every day.

You also get extra snacks in the cabana but I have never really paid attention to that as I have always done a weekly pass in the Sanctuary.

Thank you so so much for this valuable information. I think most likely to really get the experience we should opt for the sea days in sanctuary. For the full week it would be too expensive but for the sea days, it would be worthwhile. Being CC do you think if we get up there right when we board the ship our chances are good for getting the sea days or is it pretty much booked with all those going before us?? What has your experience been like? I see you have done many princess cruises and this is our 1st. Also what is BVE experience??

Thank you so so much for this valuable information. I think most likely to really get the experience we should opt for the sea days in sanctuary. For the full week it would be too expensive but for the sea days, it would be worthwhile. Being CC do you think if we get up there right when we board the ship our chances are good for getting the sea days or is it pretty much booked with all those going before us?? What has your experience been like? I see you have done many princess cruises and this is our 1st. Also what is BVE experience??

I've gotten up there early being in a full suite and elite and had some of the seats already taken by those doing a B2B. Some sailings sell out very quickly and some don't, it's hard to know. They only started taking reservations for just days a few years back, prior to that you had to be online very early in the morning in the morning when you wanted just the daily pass.

The seats go much more quickly than the Cabanas do. I have seen some of those sit empty on some sailings due to the cost.

Just go up when you board and you will see a line starting outside. They will bring you in one party at a time and show you what cabanas or seats are available.

BVE is the Bon Voyage experience.

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

By the adult pool do they have bottle service like Vegas Cabanas for more of an upscale party vibe if you would like

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, they don't. With the exception of my last short spring break cruise which was unusual and unlike anything I have seen on Princess before, I've never seen an upscale party vibe. Even on that sailing, the college kids were all hanging by the main pool and I would't call it an upscale party vibe even then.

I am thinking that there is no real 'vibe' at all at the adult pool???

No music or anything. Of course, there is the bar, right there.

I wonder if the Sanctuary might be too, pin-drop, quiet?

But, not sure about the adult pool area.

The cruise we have a deposit on is the second half of of an itinerary that is also being sold as a Back-to-Back.

Something tells me that we will be very lucky to find seats available in the Sancturary.

I am thinking that there is no real 'vibe' at all at the adult pool???

No music or anything. Of course, there is the bar, right there.

I wonder if the Sanctuary might be too, pin-drop, quiet?

But, not sure about the adult pool area.

The cruise we have a deposit on is the second half of of an itinerary that is also being sold as a Back-to-Back.

Something tells me that we will be very lucky to find seats available in the Sancturary.

The Sanctuary is a quieter area without music. You will hear stuff from the main pool though.

There is no music directly at the adult pool on the Regal but you will hear the music from the main pool.

A sailing doesn't have to be sold as a b2b for people to do a b2b. We did that and it was sold as 2 different cruises. There are only so many cabins that can be sold as a 14 day so your chances are probably about the same as any other sailing.

I have been trying to find out where the CC folks come in the pecking order for boarding. Obviously if someone booked in a CC Mini is also Elite, they have top priority with the Suites. If Platinum, they could board with them.

I would think Suites and Elites might not think someone booked in CC with no other status should get lumped in equally with the S&E group. These days, so many more Princess customers are Elites, it must have that room upstairs at Port Everglades T2 bursting at the seams.

I would have thought CC Mini folks with no higher Captains Circle status would board AFTER Suites & Elites, say with Platinums or ahead of Platinums.

Do you know for sure when they board? Thanks.

PS - Your info on Sanctuary is bang on. I don't think the OP has too much to worry about if going for a Sanctuary cabana as opposed to a Retreat Pool Cabana as they are very expensive and don't get much usage. IMO, it's a bad use of real estate. Between that and the massage rooms at the front corners, a lot of space on Regal/Royal goes to low usage areas when they could have had more loungers in the shade.

Also, they would need TWO Retreat Cabanas as only two loungers per cabana. In Sanctuary, as you implied, all three of them can use the one cabana. But will not get a third lounger for a one-day stay. (It wouldn't surprise me if a party of three had a cabana for full cruise and others sat empty, that mgr would allow another lounger if it fit in the space).

I have been trying to find out where the CC folks come in the pecking order for boarding. Obviously if someone booked in a CC Mini is also Elite, they have top priority with the Suites. If Platinum, they could board with them.

I would think Suites and Elites might not think someone booked in CC with no other status should get lumped in equally with the S&E group. These days, so many more Princess customers are Elites, it must have that room upstairs at Port Everglades T2 bursting at the seams.

I would have thought CC Mini folks with no higher Captains Circle status would board AFTER Suites & Elites, say with Platinums or ahead of Platinums.

Do you know for sure when they board? Thanks.

PS - Your info on Sanctuary is bang on. I don't think the OP has too much to worry about if going for a Sanctuary cabana as opposed to a Retreat Pool Cabana as they are very expensive and don't get much usage. IMO, it's a bad use of real estate. Between that and the massage rooms at the front corners, a lot of space on Regal/Royal goes to low usage areas when they could have had more loungers in the shade.

Also, they would need TWO Retreat Cabanas as only two loungers per cabana. In Sanctuary, as you implied, all three of them can use the one cabana. But will not get a third lounger for a one-day stay. (It wouldn't surprise me if a party of three had a cabana for full cruise and others sat empty, that mgr would allow another lounger if it fit in the space).

I think we have decided to try and get 3 loungers for the sanctuary - we plan to run up there as soon as we board- my daughter has younger legs and can move faster than I can so I am having her go there as quickly as she can to get in line. If we aren't lucky and can't get 3 together on sea days then I think we will opt for the sanctuary cabana for 1 day- which is about all I could really afford to do vs 2 sea days with the loungers. I am just hoping and praying there are some left by time we get there. Since it appears there are only 2 loungers for the cabanas- will they give youa 3rd?? Just curious :)

I ................................................ Since it appears there are only 2 loungers for the cabanas- will they give you a 3rd?? Just curious :)

I don't believe there is sufficient room within the confines (border as in footprint) of a cabana to hold three loungers. Even so, there would have to be at least one open cabana to steal a 3rd lounger from, leaving it short.

I don't believe there is sufficient room within the confines (border as in footprint) of a cabana to hold three loungers. Even so, there would have to be at least one open cabana to steal a 3rd lounger from, leaving it short.

Ok that's kind of what I thought. I know that we would definitely want 3 loungers so I just hope we will be able to get those on boarding day. I really do wish they would open this up like a week or so prior to a cruise thus avoiding the stress of everyone who wants one running up there 1st thing to get one. It would make things SO much easier and alot more fair IMO.

Ok that's kind of what I thought. I know that we would definitely want 3 loungers so I just hope we will be able to get those on boarding day. I really do wish they would open this up like a week or so prior to a cruise thus avoiding the stress of everyone who wants one running up there 1st thing to get one. It would make things SO much easier and alot more fair IMO.

I don't think I would like that until I was Elite. I figure if they did that, it would be like some airlines where applying for an upgrade on a flight is opened to the top fliers first and then a delay before the rest. I would think Princess would end up doing the same thing.

At least when it has to be done on board, not ALL of the Suites and Elites are going to be at the terminal and checked in before boarding commences, so there is a chance to get there before more people than with online reserving. If it was open to all at the same time (like 24 hr flight check-ins), then I would like it. Demand varies depending on the cruise as well so you never know. Perhaps the most difficult situation is if a lot of B2B cruisers are on ship and want it.

I don't think I would like that until I was Elite. I figure if they did that, it would be like some airlines where applying for an upgrade on a flight is opened to the top fliers first and then a delay before the rest. I would think Princess would end up doing the same thing.

At least when it has to be done on board, not ALL of the Suites and Elites are going to be at the terminal and checked in before boarding commences, so there is a chance to get there before more people than with online reserving. If it was open to all at the same time (like 24 hr flight check-ins), then I would like it. Demand varies depending on the cruise as well so you never know. Perhaps the most difficult situation is if a lot of B2B cruisers are on ship and want it.

Yes that’s very true. Keeping my fingers crossed!! Thanks for all the helpful advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just off the Regal on Sunday.

We boarded in group 3 after elites and headed up to the Sanctuary.

Reserved two half a days (sea days) without a problem. One person was ahead of us when we arrived.

We had a call the day after and was told one day was double booked by accident, so they moved us to another area and also gave us use of the cabana. Which was VERY nice of them to do.

DH enjoyed watching a football game. :)

Agreed, it should be offered to Elites in suites, first

then suites

then elites

then platinum, etc

But not until we make Elite. LOL. And I think you have too much of a breakdown. Boarding priorities lump your first three all together as one group to board and are in the same holding area until boarding commences. Anyway, not holding my breath for such a change.