An Epic live adventure crossing the Atlantic in November... Let’s go!!

alysonofagun

Let’s start with the good news - things appear to have subsided on the snot front - halleeeeluuuujah!

Last night turned into a “having shower was enough effort for one night” kind of night though so we got room service again and were tucked up in bed by 10:30... I know, I know, and I am hanging my head in shaaaaame.

Sadly the boat had other ideas when it came to my planned night of amazing sleep. Apparently the aft is not the place to be in choppy seas. Crash bang wallop on repeat all night long - Alton Towers (think: Six Flags [emoji631] ) has nothing on this boat. Resorted to getting up at one point and emptying the semi melted ice bucket as I could take the noise no longer, and then the hangers had to come out of the wardrobe (closet), and then I finally slept...

Buffet breakfast again this morning, maybe one of these days I’ll get up early enough for brekkie in the dining room, and a few more hours of rocky sleep. This was not the kind of “when the boats a-rockin” I was expecting... [emoji19]

It’s day 5 and I finally found the switch for the light over the sink, I nearly called housekeeping to come fix it yesterday and I bet I’m not the only one... Anyhoos, as is my public duty to share, it’s under the mirrored cabinet - and apparently visible only from the angle of sitting on the loo without closing the door (admit it, we all do it from time to time) 🤷🏼*♀️

Clickety click...

ca4718132071a5842d52d02771233eaf.jpg

We have light..!

37655ef9b42e4b6944790a281904ff1d.jpg

This afternoon we tested out the bowling alley aboard ($7 pp/game), some would say it was skill, others luck, others the sway of the boat in my favour, but I do believe this is what you Americans call “whooping his ass”...

e2888b86736eaa5a5060fa71dc7ef4f2.jpg

*takes a well deserved bow*

And now, what else is there to do but this...

cf7d53ba37e1fbeb244cb0e806105566.jpg

6cb52a0b9338597d40665df5bc1f5a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had to chuckle about the light switch for the vanity light (which is too dim IMO). I already knew its location from reading Epic trip reports but my sister and her husband finally had to ask the room steward how to turn it on. I’m enjoying your report.

Glad you’re feeling better, I was worried you’d end up sober! When do you get to the land of the glamorous title but disappointing weather? And it looks like Epic is getting swanky if that’s a pic of patron with a salted rim. Please will you get a cafe patron next and dedicate it to me? We haven’t heard about you getting involved in the daily activities yet...I need line dancing, napkin folding, art auctions, clog whittling....!

Glad you’re feeling better, I was worried you’d end up sober! When do you get to the land of the glamorous title but disappointing weather? And it looks like Epic is getting swanky if that’s a pic of patron with a salted rim. Please will you get a cafe patron next and dedicate it to me? We haven’t heard about you getting involved in the daily activities yet...I need line dancing, napkin folding, art auctions, clog whittling....!

We get to the Azores at 6am tomorrrow, probs gonna give that arrival a miss...

You know I’d be right in there on the activities but I don’t want to show everyone else up!

Two drinks turned into 4, 5, 6 maybe 7 yesterday, until our bellies could take no more and snack time was calling...

What next? Take a guess.... Zzzzzzz... Re-surfaced around 10pm and realised we were too late for dinner so returned to O’Sheehans for some late night fajita-y goodness. We then found ourselves in Bliss just in time for the end of country music night [emoji52]

In honour of, and as requested by, Amanda, last night shall forever be known as the Night of the Cafe Patron... When one shot turns into you pretty much emptying a bottle, the rest, as they say, is (forgotten) history.

By some small miracle, we were awake in time for breakfast in Taste this morning. Headed down around 9 only to be met by a queue out to the Atrium bar. We are up and we shall wait my stubbornness told me... When we finally got to the front we were offered the chance to share a table - would it get us food quicker? Yes. Ok then. We then did what can only be described as a comedy conga line through the entire dining room as two members of staff tried to find the table we’d been assigned... Table found and breakfast came eventually, and it was nice to chat with our table mates from the USA and Bonny Scotland [emoji1362]

It’s another cloudy day at sea so more daytime napping has been had.... what will this evening bring?!

Two drinks turned into 4, 5, 6 maybe 7 yesterday, until our bellies could take no more and snack time was calling...

What next? Take a guess.... Zzzzzzz... Re-surfaced around 10pm and realised we were too late for dinner so returned to O’Sheehans for some late night fajita-y goodness. We then found ourselves in Bliss just in time for the end of country music night [emoji52]

In honour of, and as requested by, Amanda, last night shall forever be known as the Night of the Cafe Patron... When one shot turns into you pretty much emptying a bottle, the rest, as they say, is (forgotten) history.

292d282f8efb21692a4da35e099d5261.jpg

Mr Cafe Patron is a very nice man, he’s much kinder than Mr Sambucca or Mr Normal Tequila. Oooh....talking of Mr’s, have you had a Mr Worldwide yet? Verrrrrry nice!

Mr Cafe is coming on a train journey with me tomorrow...on arrival I will balance egg cups in my ears and think of Val whilst doing so!

Will you be shouting ‘Up yours, Azores!’ at 6am? !!!

292d282f8efb21692a4da35e099d5261.jpg

Mr Cafe is coming on a train journey with me tomorrow...on arrival I will balance egg cups in my ears and think of Val whilst doing so!

Will you be shouting ‘Up yours, Azores!’ at 6am? !!!

Enjoy your time with Mr C... I expect more pictures like this...

766d8a6dcdd86c42dd3f21ef93817ad6.jpg

I was up and shouting exactly that at 6am, more juddering into port waking me up [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

After breakfast, yesterday turned into a let’s go back to bed and sleep all day love affair... so here’s a couple of towel animals to fill the void:

3db90bb6dec51b78abc97ee2ffa47b1a.jpg

5b10d042d463f57448d7c80b57689e5b.jpg

Random question of the day from lazing yesterday - just what are these two holes in the shower screen? All sorts have popped through my mind - glory hole? (too high up - not sure how many exhibitionist giants cruise with NCL), peep holes? (who’s eyes are that far apart?), pull my finger and make me fart holes? (too narrow, and I know that my too-big-for-29000-diamond-ring-tree-trunk-fingers are no measure here).... so, all avenues exhausted, what are they? [emoji859]🏼*♀️

e293229d8177092ac70c1b49bf5ef504.jpg

Eventually, it was time to get up... in return for his accident in the barbers, I decided to go and get a hair cut as my bonce had been annoying me... $88 later (I don’t fall for no product hustle here [emoji1384] (actually she never even tried)) and I feel like I’ve had a very good chop. Of course, as is with every trip to the hairdresser ever, I came back to the cabin and completely restyled it - et voila:

447f8270170bc689762fd993c6a881fa.jpg

Friday night was date night so after my trip to the salon, and then my trip to the cabin salon, we glammed it up and headed to Cagney’s to relive our original date night (cue: awwwwww)...

8f7e5847f791f9462cd7b6cf8b342fa8.jpg

Little bit of sweet talking and we ended up back at a table by the window (1 along from the original but close enough) and the proceeded to eat ourselves into the best food coma yet. No more politeness when it comes to eating now - give me alllllllll the food [emoji48]

Surf & turf for me

4e23c98b9f1e1beb8d22b5fc7eca34fb.jpg

Truffle Parmesan fries

a8e859da1ce1468b8e34cc8e774c0888.jpg

Prime rib for him

74b429468161406ea25945eaa3795eab.jpg

Shrooms and asparagus

92444f5ff4c60bdf3677e7324dc1e1dd.jpg

The food was amazing... melt in the mouth and we were both completely stuffed after the mains [emoji1362] but it wouldn’t be date night without a slice of this -

89a2966a0f1013671befe115279a9311.jpg

Had a couple of drinks in Bliss afterwards but the food baby won in the end, so it was a relatively early night spent snoozing in between dehydration and meat sweats...

So it turns out Ponta Delgada is as dull as dishwater... Zzzzzz.... and an extra special mention goes to NCL for scheduling our only stop on a day when everything shuts at lunchtime - whoop whoop [emoji1373][emoji1373][emoji1373]

And yes, I know we could’ve gone and done excursion-y stuff but I have no interest in paying to look at green fields and the like, I can do that at home every day of the week...

Instead we had a wander to the mall, did some shopping and had a wander back to the port. Honestly I do wonder what the drug of choice is here for the youth, because ain’t no amount of local wine gonna make this a fun place to grow up 🤣

I’ll get out of my misery after a nap... Here’s some pics to brighten this post up...

4829ed6b876cdc23e3d17ce3bbb920c2.jpg

Turns out these were actually the cemetery gates [emoji51]

e8d17d0225a822c40bed141fcebcc47e.jpg

Best chocolate ever [emoji39]705deae3715db8bf456da388cd727818.jpg

Wandering...

65cd0506e17d1228ec64e05ff465f844.jpg