Cruising - Adult by Design New adult only cruise ship being built

Wishing on a star

I am just now seeing this.

Virgin is building a new Cruise Ship, and construction has begun in Genoa, Italy.

This is to be a new and unique design and concept, Adults Only cruising.

(and what is supposed to be a whole new more eco-friendly and staff-friendly approach to cruising the seas)

This seems to be a new modern-chic type of concept.

They even refer to the Keel Laying ceremony at the ship-yard as 'Getting Laid'. Hahahaha!!!

I notice that the design of their ship, as well as the design of the brand new MSC ship, has a different style and design and 'look'. There seems to be ample and attractive public deck space on the rear of the ship, and a more minimalistic and streamlined stack of upper decks. ( non salt-box with many large AFT cabins)

Maybe designers and cruise lines are hearing passengers bemoan the lack of deck space while sailing???

I think this is very interesting!

Here is a link, if it is okay here:

https://www.virginvoyages.com/articles/18-and-over-ship

I have a friend who left another cruise line here in Miami to go work with them. It’s been exciting to see the press releases this past month and what she has posted. Sounds like it will be exceptional.

Thanks!

Sounds like you have a bit of extra insight. I believe that they are probably trying to set the bar pretty high.

Might be some sticker shock on the pricing!

I'm sure there will be:D. But if Mr. Branson is involved, I'm sure it will be over the top cool.....:):):)

Bob

Virgin always has a good product, but putting down a $500 deposit for unknown itinerary, dates, etc....is a bit weird. Some might remember that Renaissance (we loved that line) was also adults only,

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Just did some math and they will have close to the same space ratio as the Royal Class. 110,000 ton is a nice size. But the 7 day cruises have little interest for us...so hoping the future will have them doing longer cruises.

Hank

If I could book Adult Only, I would in a heartbeat!

I am not that interested in cruising on a line that caters to kids. We are now child-free almost empty-nesters!

Younger people celebrating things like Honeymoons and Anniversaries also might appreciate Adult Only.

Adult Only resorts, in Mexico for example, stay booked up, at significantly higher costs than family friendly resorts.

We cruise Princess, off season, as this is about as child-free as one could ever begin to expect.

But, Princess is still, for the most part, and old-fogey cruise. (Did see the guest band play Uptown Funk on one recent video!!!!)

I would welcome the chance to cruise in-season without tons of kids!!! (holidays, spring, etc...)

I don't know about the examples listed, but I would think that this concept would make it in today's market.