Diamond member sharing room with non diamond

WAVTAM

Wow! Me too. I had no idea Celebrity allowed that. I'll be on my first Celebrity cruise in 2019, so that's nice to know.

Then here is some more Celebrity Elite stuff you may not know.

The cocktail hours are two, not three and a half.

It does not happen on the first night or on the "Officers Party" night.

The drink list is also restricted, but not identical to RC's.

They enforce the "no taking drinks out of the lounge" rule.

There is no "spread" of hors d'ouevres. The waiters pass a few bites.

Now these I already knew about. :)

Thanks for the info. :) Mom and I aren't big drinkers (and we have the drinks package, so it's not a big deal on this cruise anyway). The bites being passed around by waiters will still be much appreciated :D

Just to confirm what others have said ...

Non Diamond companion does not have access to any of the Diamond benefits. It means that they are not allowed in the DL or get invites to special events.

This the equivalent of when an older gentleman takes their 18 year sugar baby to Vegas.

Literally, stuck in purgatory. hahahahah!

Our friend won't make that mistake ever again!

I walked into a "Diamond" lounge or whatever you call it (I'm diamond) for the first time ever and people looked at me like I had two heads. I never felt so out of place and never went back. The people in there were all dressed up and we weren't. I have to laugh now because it was with a friend who was not diamond but I had no clue since I had never gone to the diamond lounge. I won't make that mistake again!

So I understand, you will NEVER take advantage of the best perk RCCL offers because people "looked" at you funny? I have never experienced anyone "looking" at me funny. Or if I have maybe I didn't notice because I couldn't care less. I will say, the "dress code" during Happy Hour is smart casual. If you walked in in a t-shirt and shorts, that may have been the reason. But I wouldn't get chased away for life because someone who I neither know or care to know looks at me in a way I find "judgmental." Of course I always dress according to the dress code so, again, that may have been what elicited the looks.

So I understand, you will NEVER take advantage of the best perk RCCL offers because people "looked" at you funny? I have never experienced anyone "looking" at me funny. Or if I have maybe I didn't notice because I couldn't care less. I will say, the "dress code" during Happy Hour is smart casual. If you walked in in a t-shirt and shorts, that may have been the reason. But I wouldn't get chased away for life because someone who I neither know or care to know looks at me in a way I find "judgmental." Of course I always dress according to the dress code so, again, that may have been what elicited the looks.

I never went back during that cruise. This group was very dressed up and we were just smart casual. I don't remember if it was a formal night or just they way this group dressed for dinner all the time. I think since it was our first time visiting the lounge and I didn't know what to expect, was the reason I felt out of my comfort zone.