Norovirus on Anthem - admin?

Sat down on Deck 4 to have my tea in the esplanade. Both tables in the area were wet. Sat there for 15 minutes, and the table I was not at and that no one else touched got wiped down again before I left. BTW, we are Deck 8 midship, Deck 8 forward, and Deck 10 and none of us have seen fogging or quarantine notices.

Funny!

Did you see the family on our local news, channel 6, who was on the cruise, and it ruined their whole cruise. I understand their disappointment, but was it really necessary to go to channel 6?

I read an article about the family of 10 and their disappointment, I bet it is the same family --

- http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/family-10-sickened-aboard-royal-caribbean-cruise-article-1.3632543

4 members of my family got noro at Disney World a few years back. We spent 2 days stuck in our room. It can happen anywhere crowds gather. It’s unfortunate yes, but people going to the news or trying to get a refund is ridiculous IMO.

My family got Noro at Disney World as well. There were seven of us in adjoining rooms and two of us somehow did not get sick. I know very little about this, but I wonder if natural immunities are a factor in why some people get it and others don't.

Even on the 11/4 sailing we were with my sister who was in a different part of the ship and they never recieved the letter and I did. They had no clue what I was talking about.

On our 10/28 sailing we would see letters in cabin mail boxes as we passed through deck 6 where I cabin was located and wondered what they were all about. Some cabins seemed to always have the DO NOT DISTURB sign on their door and evidence of barely touched food outside their cabins. We were made aware of Noro by the Capt.'s announcement. But I do remember being in one of the public restrooms during the day and hearing someone being sick in one of the stalls.

I must say as a whole Anthem was the quietest ship I have been on since you hear nothing from cabins on either side of you, not even the toilet flushing. Once in for the night we did not have any reason to check the hallway nor were we aware of any spraying going on.

The last sea day we saw them lifting up seat cushions and wiping down areas in WJ.

I believe it is just the luck or unluck of the draw if you come down with Noro since you cannot avoid touching surfaces on the ship no matter how many times you wash your hands. As stated, some passengers chose not to go to the ship's doctor even though they were sick. Others were more fully hit with Noro after leaving the ship. It affected some more than others and at different times.

Regarding the "disappointed" family of 10, I would rather be disappointed than suffer with Noro while on the ship. It was only a 7 day sailing and missing the last sea day and the various shows/actitivies due to being put into isolation was a lot more than disappointing! After returning home it took me a little over 2 weeks to get over my infection with Noro. Definitely a lot more than disappointing.

MARAPRINCE

So for those wondering about how many cases, CDC lists more than 3% on their website. https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2017

We went on a weekend trip out of town and I am certain I got Noro. I was diagnosed in the ER with Clostridium Dificile but am certain I was a silent carrier as vomiting isn't one of the symptoms. I was sicker than a dog. Never been so sick in my life. I really wanted to go to the ER but there was no way, logistically, to get there without being in an ambulance and leaving a mess for the crew to clean up.

However, all this talk about Noro is making me think about taking meds I got then with me to help lessen any problems I may encounter. Best thing is it is adults only so no little ones stuffing their finger in their nose and handling the buffet stuff. Now influenza I expect after travelling in a plane. I hope my flu shot has taken by the time I go (which is way closer than the cruise-ships ticker indicates - they are all off by quite a bit of time).

As a further note to my post.....

DW, DD and DS and I all shared an OV on deck 3, I believe. No one else beside DD got sick. None of us were sick before or after the cruise. Not sure where she got sick from, but we don't specifically blame RC. People get sick.

We were just glad she didn't get sick on the ship and it required quarantine of all of us.

Four adults.

In an OV cabin.

Very happy it happened when it did.

Yes, we are deck 7. They did our corridor around 1:15am this morning. Two very loud men in the white suits like those that were pictured earlier.

Oh my I am a nervous wreck to say the least...we are going to be in 7302 can you tell me if this room is quarantined yet or a do you see a do not disturb sign on the door? I would appreciate all and any info you can pass along to me ,,, Thank you

My family got Noro at Disney World as well. There were seven of us in adjoining rooms and two of us somehow did not get sick. I know very little about this, but I wonder if natural immunities are a factor in why some people get it and others don't.

any combinations of: #1 over use of antibiotics, #2 hygiene habits & #3 strength of your immune system.

Oh my I am a nervous wreck to say the least...we are going to be in 7302 can you tell me if this room is quarantined yet or a do you see a do not disturb sign on the door? I would appreciate all and any info you can pass along to me ,,, Thank you

We are not that far aft. 7270 was quarantined. My DH and I don’t agree on the other number, we looked earlier and I think it was 7280 but he thinks 76 or 78.

I was down at medical this am and there were at least 2 kids down there with symptoms.

I was not there for Noro.

When we got back to the cabin, steward was washing every surface. All walls were wet, as well as the furniture

They are trying.

I am convinced I got the Noro Virus when I was on the 11/4 date because I stopped in medical we forgot Qtips at home for medicine my daughter has to put on her foot. I walked into medical and there we a bunch of kids throwing up I walked out and stood in the hallway and told my family to go up to the next deck I would meet them and boom in a few days I had it. Also I was the only one out of 7 to get it.

We are not that far aft. 7270 was quarantined. My DH and I don’t agree on the other number, we looked earlier and I think it was 7280 but he thinks 76 or 78.

I was down at medical this am and there were at least 2 kids down there with symptoms.

I was not there for Noro.

When we got back to the cabin, steward was washing every surface. All walls were wet, as well as the furniture

They are trying.

This is very concerning to me, as my young son and I board on Saturday. Should I avoid sending him to the kids club, considering our sailing has such high number of children? How are they disinfecting the kids club, especially with all the carpet?!

All the toys will be soaked in bleach, the hard surfaces wiped with Virkon, and the carpet and upholstery fogged with Virkon.