Solstice class storeroom with 4 verandah chairs?

jessgmann

Hello,

I'm looking for a stateroom on Eclipse that can accommodate 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) and has a larger balcony with 4 chairs? Does this exist other than suites? I looked at an aft sky suite but it appears those only have 2. I'm also considering booking 2 adjoining verandah rooms, but want to see if there's an option I've overlooked.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The 1a veranda cabins have oversized balconies - they are 1.5 to 2 times deeper, not wider. They also only have 2 chairs and a small table but there is room to bring out the chair from the vanity table and still move around comfortably.

Thanks! I ended up with a hold on 8279 hump balcony. At least if we don't have 4 chairs, there's still plenty of space. Kids can even sit on a blanket!

Be careful. Not sure re #8279 hump but we were in Reflection #1628 hump (first time for a hump cabin) and found it smaller than any other verandah we had on any prior cruise. So much hype re hump and we were disappointed. Not much space between door and chairs and little room to move around. Will post this info on CC Excel spreadsheet.

Be careful. Not sure re #8279 hump but we were in Reflection #1628 hump (first time for a hump cabin) and found it smaller than any other verandah we had on any prior cruise. So much hype re hump and we were disappointed. Not much space between door and chairs and little room to move around. Will post this info on CC Excel spreadsheet.

Sorry for your disappointment but perhaps the source of your expectation for an oversized veranda was unclear/incomplete... Many related posts here on Cruise Critic make it clear that the cabins with oversized balconies on Solstice Class ships are those that are situated on the forward or aft facing angles [slants] leading to/from the ships' "bump-ins/bump-outs" but some posters have taken/do take a "shortcut' in their explanations by using an "on the hump" reference... Those cabins situated on the straight-away of the "bump out"--as 1628 is on Reflection-- feature standard sized verandas varying by cabin category...

For Deck 11 on Reflection, the cabins featuring oversized balconies include...

• Port-side staterooms 1547, 1549, 1599, 1601, 1603, 1605 [all AquaClass 1], 1611 [Penthouse Suite], and 1615 [sky Suite]...
  • Starboard-side staterooms 1552, 1554, 1614, 1616, 1618, 1620 [all AquaClass 1], 1634, 1636 [both Concierge Class 1], and 1638 [sky Suite]...

8279 on Eclipse does indeed feature an oversized veranda [though not necessarily the largest of the angled/slant balconies; there is some variation among them]... I've occupied the equivalent cabin on Deck 12 [2105] while aboard Eclipse; the balcony is larger but not so large as to accommodate four deck chairs [even if one were successful (somewhat doubtful) in securing extras]...

Edited by Xport

Sorry for your disappointment but perhaps the source of your expectation for an oversized veranda was unclear/incomplete... Many related posts here on Cruise Critic make it clear that the cabins with oversized balconies on Solstice Class ships are those that are situated on the forward or aft facing angles [slants] leading to/from the ships' "bump-ins/bump-outs" but some posters have taken/do take a "shortcut' in their explanations by using an "on the hump" reference... Those cabins situated on the straight-away of the "bump out"--as 1628 is on Reflection-- feature standard sized verandas varying by cabin category...

For Deck 11 on Reflection, the cabins featuring oversized balconies include...

• Port-side staterooms 1547, 1549, 1599, 1601, 1603, 1605 [all AquaClass 1], 1611 [Penthouse Suite], and 1615 [sky Suite]...
  • Starboard-side staterooms 1552, 1554, 1614, 1616, 1618, 1620 [all AquaClass 1], 1634, 1636 [both Concierge Class 1], and 1638 [sky Suite]...

8279 on Eclipse does indeed feature an oversized veranda [though not necessarily the largest of the angled/slant balconies; there is some variation among them]... I've occupied the equivalent cabin on Deck 12 [2105] while aboard Eclipse; the balcony is larger but not so large as to accommodate four deck chairs [even if one were successful (somewhat doubtful) in securing extras]...

Thanks for your help! I'm new to Celebrity so trying to get familiar with the fleet & options available.

I'm hoping 8279 on Eclipse is similar to same stateroom on Solstice. This video makes the balcony appear quite large.

That said, if I could find a bigger one that accommodated 4, I'm still open to changing. It's for Alaska 2019, so lots of time but I like to book early to get the best selection.

Thanks for your help! I'm new to Celebrity so trying to get familiar with the fleet & options available. I'm hoping 8279 on Eclipse is similar to same stateroom on Solstice.

Though there are generally minor deck plan variations among the five Solstice-Class ships--Solstice [2008], Equinox [2009], Eclipse [2010], Silhouette [2011], and Reflection [2012; largest guest capacity with 72 additional staterooms relative to older sisters] and there can be stateroom numbering differences from ship to ship--8279 is identically situated and numbered on all five and the video that you've viewed for Solstice is accurate as to what you can expect on Eclipse...

The balcony in 8279 is considerably deeper--by virtue of being on the angle--than standard but not wider [as a few are]... I have sailed quite a bit with Celebrity and am unaware of any staterooms--with the possible exception of the very largest suites [highest category I've sailed is Sky Suite; two chairs]--and am unaware of any Solstice-Class cabins featuring four deck chairs...

Without wanting to be intrusive, two things you might want to consider...

• Depending upon the age/size of your children, I've seen guests--even those in cabins featuring a standard size veranda--bring inflatable chairs [the type used as pool floats] to augment balcony seating... My bet is that you could get a quick sense of what's available at Amazon...
  • As you are doing an Alaska itinerary, know that the weather can be cold, foggy, and/or rainy even at the height of the season... While you may want to do some scenic viewing from your veranda [some prefer the open decks or the glass-enclosed Sky Lounge], my guess is that you will step to the rail to take in the magnificent terrain but--unless the weather is idyllic or you absolutely love the cold--you are apt to retreat to the cabin to warm up [bring warm clothes so as to dress in layers and go to the Oceanview for a supply of coffee/hot chocolate to warm up between outdoor sightseeing sessions from your balcony; a naturalist will be aboard to provide oral commentary--broadcast on your cabin TV and in public areas--as you sail in areas of key interest]... I've sailed Alaska, Iceland and Norway with Celebrity--and have always been glad to have had a balcony cabin--but fact is [perhaps it's the Floridian in me] I spend far less time on the veranda during cold weather cruises than I do when sailing The Caribbean or in Europe during summer...

Though there are generally minor deck plan variations among the five Solstice-Class ships--Solstice [2008], Equinox [2009], Eclipse [2010], Silhouette [2011], and Reflection [2012; largest guest capacity with 72 additional staterooms relative to older sisters] and there can be stateroom numbering differences from ship to ship--8279 is identically situated and numbered on all five and the video that you've viewed for Solstice is accurate as to what you can expect on Eclipse...

The balcony in 8279 is considerably deeper--by virtue of being on the angle--than standard but not wider [as a few are]... I have sailed quite a bit with Celebrity and am unaware of any staterooms--with the possible exception of the very largest suites [highest category I've sailed is Sky Suite; two chairs]--and am unaware of any Solstice-Class cabins featuring four deck chairs...

Without wanting to be intrusive, two things you might want to consider...

• Depending upon the age/size of your children, I've seen guests--even those in cabins featuring a standard size veranda--bring inflatable chairs [the type used as pool floats] to augment balcony seating... My bet is that you could get a quick sense of what's available at Amazon...
  • As you are doing an Alaska itinerary, know that the weather can be cold, foggy, and/or rainy even at the height of the season... While you may want to do some scenic viewing from your veranda [some prefer the open decks or the glass-enclosed Sky Lounge], my guess is that you will step to the rail to take in the magnificent terrain but--unless the weather is idyllic or you absolutely love the cold--you are apt to retreat to the cabin to warm up [bring warm clothes so as to dress in layers and go to the Oceanview for a supply of coffee/hot chocolate to warm up between outdoor sightseeing sessions from your balcony; a naturalist will be aboard to provide oral commentary--broadcast on your cabin TV and in public areas--as you sail in areas of key interest]... I've sailed Alaska, Iceland and Norway with Celebrity--and have always been glad to have had a balcony cabin--but fact is [perhaps it's the Floridian in me] I spend far less time on the veranda during cold weather cruises than I do when sailing The Caribbean or in Europe during summer...

Also, if you are doing a veranda in Alaska, suggest strongly an Aft veranda especially if you want the kids to see wildlife, etc. Often you may see various sights such as whales, wildlife on one side of the ship which will not be there on the return trip so you can miss a lot. During the voyage up the inner passage Celebrity supplies a naturalist who provides a running commentary of the area. Another point which should be mentioned is that if you get two veranda cabins, the balconies can be opened up to create one large balcony with 4 chairs. Also having a second bathroom doesn't hurt.