Sign & Sail Cards Valor

golfntob

All ships sailing out of Galveston have shifted over to S&S in the mailbox.

And while you didn't ask, I will also share they are one of the more strict ports regarding adhering to check in times. While I know there will be someone that will post they were able to check in earlier that their "appointment" time for the most part you are not allowed in the terminal. And there isn't much seating outside.

Galveston also seems to also check your carry on items more closely. We carried on a six pack of soft drinks to make floats for the grandkids.(brand not available on board) Security checked each can top and bottom.

Thanks for the information! We've never cruised where the S/S cards were placed in our mailbox. Do we need to go there 1st so that we can start charging drinks to our acct?

Also thanks for the info about boarding times. We have a noon ck in time. Although I'd love to be on the ship ASAP, I think we'll have a leisurely morning and explore the area before heading to the terminal. Staying on the island the night before we cruise.

As far as checking carry-on items, we had similar experience this summer in Mobile. Seemed over the top to take out each can of soda, luckily we had packing tape with us or it would've been a mess for our teens that were bringing on their sodas.

Thanks for the information! We've never cruised where the S/S cards were placed in our mailbox. Do we need to go there 1st so that we can start charging drinks to our acct?

Also thanks for the info about boarding times. We have a noon ck in time. Although I'd love to be on the ship ASAP, I think we'll have a leisurely morning and explore the area before heading to the terminal. Staying on the island the night before we cruise.

As far as checking carry-on items, we had similar experience this summer in Mobile. Seemed over the top to take out each can of soda, luckily we had packing tape with us or it would've been a mess for our teens that were bringing on their sodas.

You will use your boarding pass to charge items to your account until you retrieve your S&S. Not sure how the other ports do it but in Miami last week they had a separate line for early/late arrivals and you could stand in that line until they could process you.

You will use your boarding pass to charge items to your account until you retrieve your S&S. Not sure how the other ports do it but in Miami last week they had a separate line for early/late arrivals and you could stand in that line until they could process you.

Good information!

Gone out of Galveston once, Mobile twice. Our experience was Galveston was WAY stricter. Mobile was a breeze, they didn’t really check anything. I had my bottle of wine wrapped in newspaper and they didn’t even look to make sure it was wine

We are sailing out of Galveston as well, but we have FTTF. As I understand it with FTTF, we can check in as soon as we get there (11 or 11:30) and we will be able to go directly to our cabin after boarding.

Will the S&S card work that early or do you have to use your boarding pass until a certain time?

We are sailing out of Galveston as well, but we have FTTF. As I understand it with FTTF, we can check in as soon as we get there (11 or 11:30) and we will be able to go directly to our cabin after boarding.

Will the S&S card work that early or do you have to use your boarding pass until a certain time?

You are correct... FTTF puts you in the priority boarding group (with Diamond, platinum and Suite). You will wait in a special area and be the 1st group that boards the ship...usually around 11:30. Your SS cards will be in your mailbox outside cabin door. But if you want a drink immediately once you board...they will scan the bar code on your boarding pass which is the same as on your SS card

You are correct... FTTF puts you in the priority boarding group (with Diamond, platinum and Suite). You will wait in a special area and be the 1st group that boards the ship...usually around 11:30. Your SS cards will be in your mailbox outside cabin door. But if you want a drink immediately once you board...they will scan the bar code on your boarding pass which is the same as on your SS card

Thanks so much for the information!

It's secure. The envelope is in your mailbox before you get to your room. You get your envelope and there is a tamper evident sticker that is really impossible to open without there being some sign that it's been messed with (I tried with ours). There is a message on the envelope that says if your cards are missing or it has been tampered with to go to guest services and use the priority line to get them replaced.

If there are any charges on the account before you get the cards I am sure they will cancel the charges, as you did not make them.

Thanks.

Does not seem very secure to me. So this must mean there is no access to the cabin until the card is in the mailbox and vice versa, I can enter the cabin if the card is there?

It's as secure as CCL can make it and it is a big efficiency in the check in process in the terminal. Literally took less than a minute since they were able to scan our passports to obtain the picture for the account and there were no lines at the desks so if you needed your picture taken because you were using something else to board it wouldn't take that much longer to accomplish. I did have my doubts but now that I've experienced the new process I say it's a great thing that CCL has done. (And yes, you are correct, the cards are put in the mailbox when you can enter the cabin, but then they open up the doors when that happens too unless you are priority.)