Just Off The Brilliance....Very Disappointed

GTO-Girl

We agree about Rafael, he’s great!

another vote he was in concierge lounge on our Europe cruise, I am rarely impressed with any concierge but he bent over backwards for anything we needed, we also has a cool aft grand suite

another vote he was in concierge lounge on our Europe cruise, I am rarely impressed with any concierge but he bent over backwards for anything we needed, we also has a cool aft grand suite

Was this 1600 by any chance? We have it booked for April 2019. We’ve done JS aft, but never a GS aft.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading most of the posts, I agree that it the management staff of the ship that makes a difference in the cruise experience. We had a cruise a couple of years ago on the Vision that was a 'bit off'. The food was just OK. Some of the staff did not know their way around the ship if you asked them a question about where something was located. Many of the crew seemed very tentative about talking with passengers. Asking about, I found that the ship was heading to Europe in a few weeks and that many of the staff were on their first contract. :(

On the other hand....our Allure cruise last year was magnificent. The Hotel Manger, the Captain and many of the managing staff could be seen interacting with both passengers and crew. I even had the Hotel Manager ask me how things were going and if everything was OK when waiting on the elevator. The food was very good at all dining areas. Our stateroom attendant was friendly and funny. The ship was super clean. :)

Again, I think it depends upon the ship's management to set a proper tone for others to follow.

After reading most of the posts, I agree that it the management staff of the ship that makes a difference in the cruise experience. We had a cruise a couple of years ago on the Vision that was a 'bit off'. The food was just OK. Some of the staff did not know their way around the ship if you asked them a question about where something was located. Many of the crew seemed very tentative about talking with passengers. Asking about, I found that the ship was heading to Europe in a few weeks and that many of the staff were on their first contract. :(

On the other hand....our Allure cruise last year was magnificent. The Hotel Manger, the Captain and many of the managing staff could be seen interacting with both passengers and crew. I even had the Hotel Manager ask me how things were going and if everything was OK when waiting on the elevator. The food was very good at all dining areas. Our stateroom attendant was friendly and funny. The ship was super clean. :)

Again, I think it depends upon the ship's management to set a proper tone for others to follow.

That appears to be true. Yet, there does need to be better consistency across the fleet. That's not to say that the crew on each ship must be robots. But, a certain level of cleanliness, friendliness, service and food should be found of every ship.

I don't like getting on a ship in a few days and wondering whether our cabin steward will be missing most of the time or our wait staff slow as molasses. We should be able to expect at least a minimum level of quality on every ship.

That appears to be true. Yet, there does need to be better consistency across the fleet. That's not to say that the crew on each ship must be robots. But, a certain level of cleanliness, friendliness, service and food should be found of every ship.

I don't like getting on a ship in a few days and wondering whether our cabin steward will be missing most of the time or our wait staff slow as molasses. We should be able to expect at least a minimum level of quality on every ship.

Agreed!;)

Was this 1600 by any chance? We have it booked for April 2019. We’ve done JS aft, but never a GS aft.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes very unique grand suite shape was a little different that all others we had booked , balcony was nice with great view , but not supper large , had 2 longes And small table with two small chairs, super nice concierge lounge , would love to book it again. I am sure you will love or.