Just Off The Brilliance....Very Disappointed

GTO-Girl

The BR used to have a very efficient self assist walk off. I think it was for Platnium and above you would meet in the DR and would be the first off the ship. Do they still do that?

The lining up in the DR started off organized but it wasn’t long before people were just coming in and butting line in front of others who had been waiting. The Royal crew were not assertive enough to override these rude people, thus making it a mad dash when the doors were opened.

And another problem for this particular debarkation was we sailed from Terminal 3 BUT returned to Terminal 6. Passengers who had parked in the garage across from Terminal 3 were having to get on a provided shuttle to take them back to the garage.

Fortunately we had done valet so all of our cars were moved to Terminal 6 before we came back in. There was a lot of grumbling from those waiting who had not done valet.

Thankfully we were able to get in our car and leave that chaos in the rear view mirror!!

I read a while back about the shower curtain "getting too friendly" and it was suggested to buy a cheap curtain at a dollar store and put it up on top of the existing curtain. I have mine ready for our April TA.

You can also ask your stateroom attendant for a new shower curtain.

The lining up in the DR started off organized but it wasn’t long before people were just coming in and butting line in front of others who had been waiting. The Royal crew were not assertive enough to override these rude people, thus making it a mad dash when the doors were opened.

And another problem for this particular debarkation was we sailed from Terminal 3 BUT returned to Terminal 6. Passengers who had parked in the garage across from Terminal 3 were having to get on a provided shuttle to take them back to the garage.

Fortunately we had done valet so all of our cars were moved to Terminal 6 before we came back in. There was a lot of grumbling from those waiting who had not done valet.

Thankfully we were able to get in our car and leave that chaos in the rear view mirror!!

The walk of was also a tripping hazard.They had everyone leave their luggage in a different spot than we were told to sit. Picture everyone dashing around trying to get their luggage, then dragging it around tables and chairs then down the hall of deck 4 past rooms that were still occupied! It was a total fiasco.

We also did the Valet for our car for the same reason. We got out of there in a couple of minutes of getting off.

The lining up in the DR started off organized but it wasn’t long before people were just coming in and butting line in front of others who had been waiting. The Royal crew were not assertive enough to override these rude people, thus making it a mad dash when the doors.

This is a people problem not a crew problem and it’s getting worse.

This is our last night on Brilliance and we have enjoyed ourselves. Service has been wonderful and food great. We have an awesome room steward.

Crew members indicated their were lots of needy people on cruise before ours and a VERY high number of D/D+/P on next cruise tomorrow. They are not looking forward to next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure that Brilliance is going into drydock in April? I can’t find anything that confirms this. I hope you are right but I thought there was only going to be a reclassification of rooms and categories in April.

Are you sure that Brilliance is going into drydock in April? I can’t find anything that confirms this. I hope you are right but I thought there was only going to be a reclassification of rooms and categories in April.

Last dry dock was May 2013, so it has to be before May 2018. Fits in with the break in schedule between April 20 and May 1.

We heard this directly from the person in charge of the talent shows while we were on the back stage tour.

We heard this directly from the person in charge of the talent shows while we were on the back stage tour.

Brilliance is definitely having a dry dock in The Netherlands after the April TA. We are sailing on the TA and then the Baltic cruise that departs 10 days later. We get to do a land trip while she is in dry dock.

January will be our first time on Royal Caribbean (we've only sailed on Carnival). We are excited to be trying another line, but I'm a little nervous now. I'm sure we will have a good time no matter what and it will be nice to have another line to compare.

I'm on a couple RCL Facebook groups and there is actually a post concerning Brilliance and they are all saying good things. I don't question the original posters experience but maybe it was just an aberration.

We were on Brilliance for the IL Divo charter which sailed November 30th. Randy, our room attendant, was great. We had good food and service in the MDR. Overall it was a good cruise, and we are looking forward to sailing her again in February.

The only complaint we really had was with the embarkation. The terminal in Tampa (6 I think) was tiny and the lines were long.

I'm glad I read on this thread about the shower curtains, good to know! I've also never gone out of the port of Tampa and didn't know there was a valet option. Interesting, I'll have to check it out

For only $20 more it is well worth it!! You can even prepay which makes it even a little better.

Or you can pay when you arrive at the port...

We were on Brilliance for the IL Divo charter which sailed November 30th. Randy, our room attendant, was great. We had good food and service in the MDR. Overall it was a good cruise, and we are looking forward to sailing her again in February.

The only complaint we really had was with the embarkation. The terminal in Tampa (6 I think) was tiny and the lines were long.

Terminal 6 seems to be a problem and might give cruisers a bad start. We arrived at 12 and Line was outside the terminal. Took 2 hours to board. Worst boarding experience for us but cruise was good.