P&O cruise credits will no longer count towards Princess Captain’s Circle status (for

h3rjp

Sorry, to those Princess folk but we are no amused (if you excuse the expression). 4 years ago we sailed with RCI with a lot of perks as we had done 3 cruises with Celebrity. Ok, we had not been on RCI but we were made to feel part of 'the family' on RCI and it enticed us to sail with RCI again.

We have been looking at Princess for a future cruise and part of that was the fact that we would be able to carry over points from P&O. Well, we are no longer enticed and are disappointed by this move.

It just seems like we get fewer and fewer perks every year and we have only been cruising since 2009 ....

I think we will now head for a land based holiday for our 25th and not Princess (Ocena cruises and dates are disappointing).

PS With Princess prices and the ridiculous cost of a drinks package means that we need some good reason to sail with them ...

Sorry, to those Princess folk but we are no amused (if you excuse the expression). 4 years ago we sailed with RCI with a lot of perks as we had done 3 cruises with Celebrity. Ok, we had not been on RCI but we were made to feel part of 'the family' on RCI and it enticed us to sail with RCI again.

We have been looking at Princess for a future cruise and part of that was the fact that we would be able to carry over points from P&O. Well, we are no longer enticed and are disappointed by this move.

It just seems like we get fewer and fewer perks every year and we have only been cruising since 2009 ....

I think we will now head for a land based holiday for our 25th and not Princess (Ocena cruises and dates are disappointing).

PS With Princess prices and the ridiculous cost of a drinks package means that we need some good reason to sail with them ...

Hi Presto, we have a cruise booked on Princess but I’m not sure we will actually go. We had a holiday in a cottage in Devon with the dog last summer and enjoyed it far more than the P&O cruise we did, and it was a fraction of the cost. It was so refreshing not feeling that we were following a schedule/routine and it was very liberating feeling so Independent. The Canaries on Britannia and a really rude member of staff, has made me take stock. I think cruising is still for us but I’ve come to the conclusion that the really short cruises on Arcadia and Azura are the best P&O has to offer us. Still looking at other cruising alternatives, but suspect we will go for green holidays in the future as opposed to blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Presto, we have a cruise booked on Princess but I’m not sure we will actually go. We had a holiday in a cottage in Devon with the dog last summer and enjoyed it far more than the P&O cruise we did, and it was a fraction of the cost. It was so refreshing not feeling that we were following a schedule/routine and it was very liberating feeling so Independent. The Canaries on Britannia and a really rude member of staff, has made me take stock. I think cruising is still for us but I’ve come to the conclusion that the really short cruises on Arcadia and Azura are the best P&O has to offer us. Still looking at other cruising alternatives, but suspect we will go for green holidays in the future as opposed to blue!

Last year we had a week in Devon and it was just amazing !

Re 2019 = have to say that the choice is a cruise or 2 weeks in Sorrento (we were there for our honeymoon). I think that Sorrento is winning at the moment - and we will get that week in Devon too!!!

Last year we had a week in Devon and it was just amazing !

Re 2019 = have to say that the choice is a cruise or 2 weeks in Sorrento (we were there for our honeymoon). I think that Sorrento is winning at the moment - and we will get that week in Devon too!!!

Sounds like a great plan!

We have sailed several times with P & O and never with Princess and as such have 139 cruise nights with the Captains Circle but none through sailing with Princess.

I have just spoken to the Captains Circle helpline in the UK and they have confirmed that you will have had to have completed a cruise with Princess by 12th December to keep any credit from sailing with P & O. If you were to book your first cruise with Princess between now and 12th December any P & O credits would disappear and would not be counted.

Hope that helps.

We have sailed several times with P & O and never with Princess and as such have 139 cruise nights with the Captains Circle but none through sailing with Princess.

I have just spoken to the Captains Circle helpline in the UK and they have confirmed that you will have had to have completed a cruise with Princess by 12th December to keep any credit from sailing with P & O. If you were to book your first cruise with Princess between now and 12th December any P & O credits would disappear and would not be counted.

Hope that helps.

This is the worst case scenario and consistent with what has been advised by Princess albeit ambiguously previously and open to interpretation. It would appear that Princess are trying to eliminate all but genuine Princess fans. I suspect this is because they are scheduled to be sailing from the UK from 2019 on a much longer season and want far fewer top tier passengers from UK particularly people who have never sailed with them before.

Regards John

This is the worst case scenario and consistent with what has been advised by Princess albeit ambiguously previously and open to interpretation. It would appear that Princess are trying to eliminate all but genuine Princess fans. I suspect this is because they are scheduled to be sailing from the UK from 2019 on a much longer season and want far fewer top tier passengers from UK particularly people who have never sailed with them before.

Regards John

They will still be stuck with me. :). :).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regards John

Princess are not trying to eliminate all but genuine Princess fans and anyone will be able to sail with them and I am sure would be made very welcome but if they have never cruised with them before your P&O loyalty will not count. I agree with this statement and it has been rumoured and on the cards for a long while. Because of the popularity of cruising all cruise lines are now suffering with large top tiers in their loyalty clubs and are looking at changes P&O have changed theirs a number of times from POSH to Portunus and now Peninsular in last 20yrs and they have been supposed to be changing rules and benefits again for over 18 months.

Anyone that has cruised with Princess and had their P&O loyalty transferred into Captain's Circle Club prior to December 12th will remain at that tier so there will still be many top tier Elite members in the loyalty club from the UK.

I registered with Princess 7 or 8 years ago and was given a level then. It may go back to the old P&O ‘community’ section of their web site.

Not long after it was rumoured that they, Princess, we’re going to stop recognising P&O cruises. Glad they took their time.

Are P&O using the same time span for their changes???

Hope that helps.

What with this and the ridiculous cost of their drinks package, high costs for cruises in August, service charges - even before you add the air faire and apparent dropping standards re dress code - I think it is the nail in the coffin for us.

We will be on land in beautiful Sorrento for our 25th in 2019, God willing.

I expressed myself very badly in my previous post on this thread. The point I was trying to make was that I think Princess are trying to stop a large number of newcomers from P&O who have sailed extensively with the latter coming into their fold and being immediately at their top loyalty tier level. This would make it less desirable for complete newcomers to cruising starting at the bottom tier with loads of people above them. The top heavy situation is a big problem out of the US due to excessive numbers of "Elite" passengers clogging up the laundry with their free laundry offer. In theory you could board with a complete set of laundry that needed washing and hand it all in for a free wash and iron.

Princess over the past few years have charged a significantly higher price per night on ex-UK cruises. The cruises ex-Dover will always be more expensive as they have a small ship based there. The ex-Southampton cruise fares are still expensive but do drop late on, nearer to sail date. They are considered a "Premium Brand" and will never be cheap, but bargains are available from time to time if you are flexible and put a bit of effort surfing the internet. If you have sailed on P&O a long time you eventually will run out of ports and itineraries and I am wondering if there is a strategy to make Princess more popular to experienced UK cruisers and then draw them to more distant cruising regions.

Regards John

I expressed myself very badly in my previous post on this thread. The point I was trying to make was that I think Princess are trying to stop a large number of newcomers from P&O who have sailed extensively with the latter coming into their fold and being immediately at their top loyalty tier level. This would make it less desirable for complete newcomers to cruising starting at the bottom tier with loads of people above them. The top heavy situation is a big problem out of the US due to excessive numbers of "Elite" passengers clogging up the laundry with their free laundry offer. In theory you could board with a complete set of laundry that needed washing and hand it all in for a free wash and iron.

Princess over the past few years have charged a significantly higher price per night on ex-UK cruises. The cruises ex-Dover will always be more expensive as they have a small ship based there. The ex-Southampton cruise fares are still expensive but do drop late on, nearer to sail date. They are considered a "Premium Brand" and will never be cheap, but bargains are available from time to time if you are flexible and put a bit of effort surfing the internet. If you have sailed on P&O a long time you eventually will run out of ports and itineraries and I am wondering if there is a strategy to make Princess more popular to experienced UK cruisers and then draw them to more distant cruising regions.

Regards John

P&O cruisers will not go over to Princess for the itineraries from Southampton as they are the same every year and generally go to ports P&O use all the time. If you want Princess for itineraries then you have to fly.

I enjoyed our Princess cruise and as I have said before, it was 90% the same experience as P&O. We will go again but not for a couple of years as our cruising is a bit full.

Regards John

Booked a 14nt Med cruise with Princess on Sapphire Princess in October for May 2018 in an inside cabin for just over £1000pp with $425 per cabin and $50 extra when onboard as a welcome back reward. Unlike P&O with their Saver fares which Princess dont do chose dining arrangements and cabin number and think that is not really a late booking and excellent value for money.

As Dai once said, you shouldn't go for the previous cruiser benefits.

I go for itinerary then the ship.

And I still believe that. But if companies give me a little extra when I use them fine. I went on Princess to see what they were like.

As I have a scooter I need a biggish ship and Cruises from the U.K. All at a reasonable price.

As Dai once said, you shouldn't go for the previous cruiser benefits.

I go for itinerary then the ship.

We used to book with those conditions but having now done many cruises and like sailing from Southampton our thoughts have changed and we look at the ship first and then itinerary second. We have visited majority of ports sailing from Southampton except for world cruises so would be happy if circumstances were right to stay onboard and have a quiet relaxing day.

We used to book with those conditions but having now done many cruises and like sailing from Southampton our thoughts have changed and we look at the ship first and then itinerary second. We have visited majority of ports sailing from Southampton except for world cruises so would be happy if circumstances were right to stay onboard and have a quiet relaxing day.

I think it’s a mixture of both, we found to our cost that Britannia sailing to the Canaries is very different to Britannia sailing to Norway.

For what reason.

Norway tends to be colder and more expensive. The Canaries offer lots of cheap shopping and sun. The two attract different types of passengers, especially if the prices drop last minute.

DaiB and Florry have played a blinder on this as far as I can work out.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Us too, we booked Crown Princess in January for mid May to the Mediterranean. An Ocean view cabin cost us £69 p.p.p.n, so I considered we had a bargain.

I am pleased to say that due to our previous sailings on Ocean Village and P& O we were given Ruby status. No real perks on the May cruise, but when we completed, we became Platinum. This means we will get considerable free internet minutes if we choose to sail Princess again. Far better than our cruise line of choice ( Celebrity) I was also very impressed by the efficient web site.

However, I was very unhappy that Princess didn’t refund my OBC on the last morning of the cruise ( as Celebrity do) I had to apply for it. Apparently it’s automatic for U.S cruisers and is refunded after 4 weeks, mine took 8 weeks, after phoning Southampton.

Norway tends to be colder and more expensive. The Canaries offer lots of cheap shopping and sun. The two attract different types of passengers, especially if the prices drop last minute.

But that could be said of any ship cruising to these areas and not just Britannia.

Us too, we booked Crown Princess in January for mid May to the Mediterranean. An Ocean view cabin cost us £69 p.p.p.n, so I considered we had a bargain.

I am pleased to say that due to our previous sailings on Ocean Village and P& O we were given Ruby status. No real perks on the May cruise, but when we completed, we became Platinum. This means we will get considerable free internet minutes if we choose to sail Princess again. Far better than our cruise line of choice ( Celebrity) I was also very impressed by the efficient web site.

However, I was very unhappy that Princess didn’t refund my OBC on the last morning of the cruise ( as Celebrity do) I had to apply for it. Apparently it’s automatic for U.S cruisers and is refunded after 4 weeks, mine took 8 weeks, after phoning Southampton.

Princess to my knowledge have never reimbursed any refundable OBC not used on the ship on the last morning of the cruise. We had some left on a cruise we did on Caribbean Princess but we didnt have to apply for it it was automatically sent to us by cheque about 6-8 weeks after the cruise.

We had some left on a cruise we did on Caribbean Princess but we didnt have to apply for it it was automatically sent to us by cheque about 6-8 weeks after the cruise.

Information was that the refund would take 4-6 weeks.

I waited 6 weeks. When no cheque arrived, I rang Southampton and was told ‘ I know it’s frustrating, but there are different rules if you live in UK. She took my details and said it would take about 2 weeks as she had to apply to U.S.A for it.

Edited by upwarduk