If in Aquaclass, are the speciality restaurants worth visiting on a 10 night cruise?

AidenL

I'm a bit amazed by the number of people posting about Tuscan. We tried it, just once, aboard Solstice and decided to not go back. Now we have a reservation for Tuscan one night aboard Eclipse next month. Just to see if it's the same experience. I would think that with so many negative posts about Tuscan, across the cruise line, managers would have looked closely to see what's going on and why they are losing so many potential customers. Maybe I'm being foolishly optimistic. We shall see. We also booked Murano for three nights, I believe. We've never had even a 'routine' meal experience at Murano.

While our favorite specialty restaurant is the Lawn Club Grill, it is only on the Silhouette and Reflection. We also enjoy Murano's and Qsine. When we dine in the Tuscan Grill- some food is better then others- The pasta is good and some home made. The rib eye was good-albeit a little fatty- and the fish dishes very good. The eggplant parm was horrible- they didn't melt the cheese-

If you go to any of the speciality restaurants, dine a few times in each- you will find some very good food- but you must try a few times.

We think the best approach is to see what you are offered. If you can dine at the specialty restaurants for 40-50% off, why not try them. If they stick to MSRP or 20% off, wait until your next cruise.....the specialty restaurants aren't worth that in our opinion. Having said all that, we usually dine at at least one specialty restaurant on every cruise because we get a deal....45% off at QSINE, etc. How did we get the deal...we just asked, when the person selling responded 25% off, I just said we'd eat at QSINE if it was buy one/ get on free....and he said the best he could do was 45% off. Sounded good enough....

The only specialty restaurant I would visit again - and again - on Reflection is The Lawn Club Grill. The food is excellent and you should be able to get a discount of 30% or 40% (if you ask nicely when you are approached by one of the many staff hanging around the entrance to the buffet). My favorite dessert is the warm chocolate chip - with vanilla ice cream. Yum!

We really enjoy dining in Blu - and are looking forward to our breakfasts and dinners in Blu again in less than two months.

Enjoy your cruise!

Update on this - just booked Murano on the cruise planner for the first night for a 40% discount.

Will try the Lawn Club once during the trip too, either evening or for lunch.

If either are as good at everyone says, we might pop back again before the end of the cruise.

• 1 month later...
If we have OBC to spend, we will book a restaurant. On our last cruise, we did a reduced price for Tuscan and it was really great. We like that Blu is small, not as crowded and you get to know the serving staff better. Do not pay full price for any restaurant. On our first day of the cruise, we go to the restaurant and find out when they have a night that they will give us a reduced price, and then we book.

Yes they had specialty restaurants “on special “ each night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

Im resurrecting my old thread again - Im deciding between a 1A cabin with a speciality package or an A1 Aqua cabin? 

Price difference between the cabins over 12 nights is 800 Euros, a double 7 night speciality package would close the gap to 400 Euros.

We have never actually dined in the MDR. Is it really busy and more like a wedding or a banquet? Have to admit, we loved Blu and Murano was great on the last cruise also. 

I guess now Im looking for comparisons against the MDR also this time.

The Speciality restaurants are good and its a nice change from any dinning room that's  basicly the same after 4 or 5 nights in a row. We where in Aqua last January on 10 day . We did 3 restaurants , Lawn Club is always fun and great food, We like Qsine , has a new theme /Name ,Le- pete.  Murano is well liked , harder to get in and has the French menu . The Speciality restaurants have better servers . On a 10 day cruise my wife and I got tired of getting ready for dinner by the 8th,9th . We blew dinner off a couple of nights.  The Aqua class is nice for the total package if you can get it for around $200 dollars each , The Cabins are 

in good locations , 11,12, .   

Having sailed in all classes on Celebrity, if you do AQ consider a regular balcony cabin- mid ship and dine most nights in specialty restaurants.  The MDR is ok- but busy- we take tables for two- so no problem with service or waiting for other guests to arrive before we are being served.   Food is good and the staff will adjust food menu items for you.  Luminae has very good service- but food not nearly as good as specialty restaurants- we love suites for Michael's club and of course the suite itself.  The other perks are also appreciated.  

That  is my evaluation after many, many Celebrity cruises.  You seem to have enjoyed blu- so perhaps you are willing to pay extra for it- we find it very crowed and the wait staff overworked and slow. Tables for two are really one long table with a little space in-between.  Often times, the wait staff cannot even fit through.  

If the difference is just a couple of hundred dollars for the two of you, perhaps worth it to you.

Again, it is IMO- others might feel differently.  

If you still have a interest find out when the specialty restaurants are open for lunch on sea days or a great place to have lunch on embarkation day. Since your on the Reflection. I would have lunch at The Porch. They have great seafood.