Behind the Fun Tour

pdilme92

I did it on the Valor in October. Absolutely loved it! Very informative and neat to see how the other half of the ship lives. On the Valor, however, it was 95.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I take it that it was worth it for the $95? And how did you book it?

Only can book it onboard? I assume at the Shore excursion desk?

Only onboard, yes. I imagine you can book from your stateroom, but am not entirely sure.

For me, personally, the 95.00 was worth it. But I really enjoy operational and technical parts of stuff. If you aren’t really into that then 95 is a bit steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

C'mon you guys! That hat alone is worth the money, AND who else has a picture with the Captain on the bridge?

The only way they could make it better would be to allow you to polish the ship's bell.

I have done Behind the Fun on every ship I have sailed. I loved the kitchen kibitzing, the laundry lecture, the salvage spiel, the bridge background, the theater tutelage, the crew cabin composition, crew cafe chalk talk, and the engine control room expatiation.

I’ve done it 3 times - twice on Splendor and once on the Pride. Loved all 3 and each time it was different. If you enjoy cruising and ships it’s fascinating and you really get to see a lot. The charge is different on different ships of differing sizes, and we felt it was worth it. In addition to the tour, you get a draw string backpack, a hat, a lanyard, a rubber bracelet (which I didn’t quite understand [emoji12]), a glass of champagne, a photo of your tour group and a photo with the captain on the bridge.

Everyone loves the bridge and galley tour, but I was fascinated by the laundry machines (the sheet folding thing is huge and amazing) and the engine control room computers. There is something for everyone!

You have to book on the ship. Head for the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you board. It does sell out fast. They usually do 2 groups of about 16 on the last sea day. It starts around 8:30 am and lasts about 3 hours ending up in the Steakhouse. You need closed-toe flat shoes like sneakers and be prepared for a LOT of walking and stairs. No cameras or cell phones - they wand you. You do get a break about halfway through in one of the crew dining rooms or their lounge. There are refreshments (juice, tea, coffee, cookies and pastries) and bathrooms nearby. In the kitchen you might get a flower made of fruit or a veggie. We got to try our hand at making them! And you usually get a soap carving after a cake decorating demo.

It’s fun. It’s fascinating and I highly recommend doing it at least once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done Behind the Fun on every ship I have sailed. I loved the kitchen kibitzing, the laundry lecture, the salvage spiel, the bridge background, the theater tutelage, the crew cabin composition, crew cafe chalk talk, and the engine control room expatiation.

I adore the alliteration, actually.

We did it a couple years ago on the Breeze and loved it! We will be on the Vista in April and am definitely going to go. This time our DD will be old enough to go.

:cool: If you do the tour, dont be afraid to ask for champagne refills. They will keep pouring and it's a nice way to ease into the Lido for last seaday. On our Magic cruise this year, I happened upon the waiter cleaning up after the tour... i flipped him a 10 and killed a tray of like 5 glasses of bubbly.

I have never thought of doing this. However, after reading this thread I am considering it:confused:. Does anyone out there know how much it cost on the Splendor? Also would it fill up on the first day? Our next cruise is the Aug 18' two week Alaskan Journey's cruise, so I would think there would more opportunities to do this. I know my wife would think $95 would not be worth it, but me on the other hand I think it would be"KOOL:cool:" to see behind the scenes.

C'mon you guys! That hat alone is worth the money, AND who else has a picture with the Captain on the bridge?

The only way they could make it better would be to allow you to polish the ship's bell.

ha, my wife was fascinated by the sheet drying/folding machine. I could see her mentally calculating if we have room for one. (We don't but I let her daydream a bit).

I thought it was cool too but not enough to get one.

OP we paid 95 each a year and a half ago on Conquest and thought it was well worth it.

...You need closed-toe flat shoes like sneakers and be prepared for a LOT of walking and stairs. No cameras or cell phones - they wand you. ...

Cannot stress that enough. Even though every communication we had from the ship regarding the tour explicitly mentioned those things, we still had to wait while half our tour had to go take their phones back to their cabins or change shoes or both. (Tour guide will also keep your phone for you in their back pack but come on people, don't make them have to carry your stuff. Just follow directions.) :)

We are planning on doing this on the Sunshine on our Dec 17-23 cruise. We have faster to the fun so we are hoping to get it booked as soon as we board. Can't wait!

FTTF has nothing to do with the Behind the Scenes tour. It will not be booked on the first day, especially by 11 am as someone expressed concern about. We loved it.

FTTF has nothing to do with the Behind the Scenes tour. It will not be booked on the first day, especially by 11 am as someone expressed concern about. We loved it.

i think you misunderstood me. i'm expressing that i have faster to the fun so that i should be one of the first people on the ship so that i can book the excursion of "Behind The Fun" before it sells out.

I did this tour on Sunshine in March it was $95. As soon as you board go straight to the shore excursion desk to book it. It was an amazing tour. Took about 4-1/2 hours. Awesome tour well worth it.

i cant wait to do it on the sunshine. super excited! the kids (2 teens) are excited too, which surprised me lol