Beach Day - NOT AI

ShanLeigh77

Hey everyone... Looking for a beach day that is easy to get to and NOT all inclusive as I feel we won't get our money's worth... we've done the 'pay as you go' on other beach days and it's been great. Suggestions? Less concerned about needing a pool - we are beach people... Thanks in advance!!:cool:

Paradise Beach offers great facilities, a nice beach, and good food, drinks and service. Admission/chair rental is $3 each -- another $15 if you want to play on the water toys. PB also offers a HUGE pool that you are free to skip. Taxi each way, for up to 4 passengers, will cost about $17 each way.

We did pay as you go at Mr. Sanchos. It was free but with an expectation you’d order food and drinks. Water toys were also extra. We just snorkeled it was great. Shower and other facilities were nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also recommend Paradise Beach. It's a very large place with a huge pool and very nice beach and also has plenty of shade and good food. I have a review in my signature line if you are interested in seeing A LOT of pictures. We just went there last month and had an awesome day.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a fee to get into the pool area at Paradise Beach or is it just for the beach area?

The $3 is sort of admission fee/chair rental - and then all of the facilities, except for water toys and other extra fee items (massage, etc.) are open to you.

We go to Nachi-Cocom every time we are in Cozumel. $55 USD gets you unlimited drinks, a 4 course lunch that you chose off a menu (it's amazing!), chair, umbrella, pool, swim up bar, clean washrooms and internet. It is a very quiet spot so if you are looking for action this isn't the place for you. They only take a certain number of guests so it isn't a row of chairs on the beach. Watersports rental is there also.

Hey everyone... Looking for a beach day that is easy to get to and NOT all inclusive as I feel we won't get our money's worth... we've done the 'pay as you go' on other beach days and it's been great. Suggestions? Less concerned about needing a pool - we are beach people... Thanks in advance!!:cool:

If you don't need a pool you might look at Palancar. it is a slightly longer taxi ride than Paradise and Sanchos but the greater distance (and therefore price!) generally keeps the numbers down. It is PAYG but I believe there may be a lounger fee, not sure we just use a table and chairs which are free.

[

I also recommend Paradise Beach. It's a very large place with a huge pool and very nice beach and also has plenty of shade and good food. I have a review in my signature line if you are interested in seeing A LOT of pictures. We just went there last month and had an awesome day.

Hey Kim,

I've read your review. Would you recommend a stop at monkey bar if we are not snorkelers? Just for something different or would you just spend he afternoon at Paradise Beach? We did Mr Sanchez last time in Cozumel and enjoyed it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kim,

I've read your review. Would you recommend a stop at monkey bar if we are not snorkelers? Just for something different or would you just spend he afternoon at Paradise Beach? We did Mr Sanchez last time in Cozumel and enjoyed it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Kim, but I have been to both. In my opinion depends what you want to do.

MONEY bar is primarily a bar with small frontage and man-made beach area, many tables and chairs, some loungers and a few hammocks. Food, drink and facilities are very good. It is a short distance from southern ports. We like to go and just relax there for several hours and not necessarily snorkel because of reduced taxi fare. We also like to go later when staying on the island - particularly good with ships that have late hours to catch Happy hour and possibly sunset dinner.

Paradise beach is much larger Beach Club, again with good facilities, large pool and beach access. My preference would be Money Bar but if you want more activities, or have a family, Paradise would be better.

If you want a change of scene, go for it, otherwise if you just want to relax on a lounger or use the pool probably not worth the extra taxi fare to do both.

Edited by c-leg5