Shows Faster to the Fun on Boarding pass/luggage tags, but didn't purchase?

luvthiscrzylife

I spoke with Carnival a few days ago and they admitted a major glitch when changing to the new documents. My new luggage tags did not have FTTF or Priority and we are Platinum. At first she said I don't need on my luggage tags because it's on my boarding pass. I asked her how the porters will know, she could not answer. Finally got to a supervisor and asked why are your guests learning about these changes on social media instead of hearing directly by Carnival, again no reasonable answer. Today I opened my cruise manager and my luggage tags had a big red PRIORITY on them. This was one big cluster for Carnival.

So I hadn't printed out our boarding pass before, but had looked at all the documents and noticed the Health Questionnaire/Pregnancy Questionnaire. With all of this talk of the new format for the boarding pass, I decided to check ours(thankfully FTTF is still listed on ours!!!) but now I only see the Health Questionnaire and not the Pregnancy Questionnaire. :rolleyes:

I just called Carnival about my boarding passes that are not showing the FTTF. The agent was readily aware of the issue and said that their IT department is working to fix it as soon as possible. She didn't have an ETA for resolution but suggested that I try reprinting them as it gets closer to the actual sail date and hopefully it will be resolved by then. She also said that if it is not fixed before sailing, to take the proof of purchase for FTTF and that will work fine at the port.

Our Cruise isn't until late January, but I did our check early and printed our boarding passes a month ago. I read today they they are using the passes across the fleet so I went to reprint them. As others have suggested, both our boarding passes and luggage tags now show FTTF. Needless to say I saved the documents. I've been trying to snag FTTF ever since we booked but it has never opened up.

They have fixed it now, mine showed wrong this morning and correct now. I wonder how many people printed them while they showed FTTF and will try to use them.

That would be me....:')Well at least might try to use it to get my luggage faster. I have been trying to buy it since I booked the cruise 1 1/2 years ago. I check twice a day every day and has been sold out.

That would be me....:')

Good luck. From what I understand, they’ll see that you don’t have it when they scan it and will likely send you back to the regular line. You’ll still be in the normal boarding group/zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suspect it could get someone in the door earlier than their scheduled check in time though. I know that personally I always sneak in the day before and sleep in the concession area, but that's just me.

:'):'):')

I think this is going to cause a mess at the ports with a huge influx of FTTF tags that aren't valid.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

I suspect this will be a minor thing I bet most the few who get it will not even be aware of it. I'd bet good money it will be fixed by the end of the day(it wasn't as of 5 mins ago). The biggest problem will be the rash of people printing a cruise in the next week or so. Those of us with a cruise a month or more out, I suspect only a handful will be lucky to get it.

Yes I saved mine, and I will try to use it. We have the next to earliest check in time(11:30) already, so other than the using the priority security line, there isn't much advantage. It almost certainly will not get you in to your rooms any faster.

So are you saying that yours are still printing incorrectly? Many of us found that they began printing correctly around lunchtime today.

No, I have not bought FTTF,(I would if it became available), but this morning It showed it on my boarding pass and luggage tags(I saved the PDF it multiple places). Just before my last post I tried it again, and FTTF was gone.

So I hadn't printed out our boarding pass before, but had looked at all the documents and noticed the Health Questionnaire/Pregnancy Questionnaire. With all of this talk of the new format for the boarding pass, I decided to check ours(thankfully FTTF is still listed on ours!!!) but now I only see the Health Questionnaire and not the Pregnancy Questionnaire. :rolleyes:

I noticed the same thing so did an online search to find the ones that include the pregnancy questionnaire and filled those out. They printed pretty small, but so long as they have them, size shouldn't matter, right ;p

I just checked an our luggage tags still only indicate "Priority" as we are in a suite whereas previously it showed Priority and FTTF. I guess it really doesn't matter much since (as I mention above) I know the only FTTF perk that suites get is early luggage delivery and I'm guessing shipboard staff know that "Priority" on the tags means priority luggage.

Hi Just went and looked at my boarding passes this morning and FTTF is not on it. It is on my luggage tags though. Does anyone else have this problem today ? Recent posts have said it looked like it has been fixed.

I just checked mine again for our soonest cruise and it prints correctly with FTTF clearly shown. Maybe check it again later today and call Carnival if it still is not correct.

According to the following article, "“The agents at the terminal will have a list of everyone who purchased [Faster To The Fun]” and “They will be manually checking all guests, and only allowing [priority boarding] to those who purchased it.”

I wonder how long they will be manually checking? Some of us have cruises that are still a ways away.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-glitch-gives-free-perk/