OBC for no OM on Royal cruises?

sun&sea

To get the onboard credit, should I call Princess directly, or should I call my travel agency to make the request?

I had my TA do it but Princess does not have a consistent policy regarding this issue. For the Royal Feb cruise it took one call but the Royal Mar cruise took two calls after the first one was rejected.

This may cause me to get flamed but oh well...Why is it that all of you think that it is ok to hold a cruise line up for money because the ***** will not be available on your cruise?? The ***** or lack thereof truly has no impact on whether or not you will enjoy your cruise...I'm a techie and would like to try the new technologies the ***** provides, but to insist that the cruise line give me money because it is not going to be on my cruise is extortion plain and simple

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I totally agree

I have a real problem believing people booked the cruise because of *****. Everyone wants something for free. People read about it here and figure they deserve it too. I am so sick of hearing about people demanding OBC for every little thing that they don't like on the ship.

I totally agree

I have a real problem believing people booked the cruise because of *****. Everyone wants something for free. People read about it here and figure they deserve it too. I am so sick of hearing about people demanding OBC for every little thing that they don't like on the ship.

Of course we didn't book any cruise just because of the ***** but getting back $200 sure is nice.

I'll bet you turn back your loyalty credit also.:D

Of course we didn't book any cruise just because of the ***** but getting back $200 sure is nice.

I'll bet you turn back your loyalty credit also.:D

I did not say you booked it for that but there have been many threads about this subject where some people insisted they were so upset about not being able to experience ***** and that was the only reason they booked that cruise. Sure, a little extra in your pocket is always nice.

I did not say you booked it for that but there have been many threads about this subject where some people insisted they were so upset about not being able to experience ***** and that was the only reason they booked that cruise. Sure, a little extra in your pocket is always nice.

When I called for my extra OBC I never said I was upset. I only told them that I had seen many people getting cabin credit because the ***** wasn't functional.

If they interpreted that comment as being upset, so be it.

I wasn't devastated but if others are getting the OBC then why shouldn't I also receive it?

When I called for my extra OBC I never said I was upset. I only told them that I had seen many people getting cabin credit because the ***** wasn't functional.

If they interpreted that comment as being upset, so be it.

I wasn't devastated but if others are getting the OBC then why shouldn't I also receive it?

I NEVER said you were complaining

I

The bottom line is that Princess grossly over promised the ***** rollout time table. They were listed as ***** cruises when booked. For some people the promise of a ***** cruise was enough of a catalyst to book the cruise but for most it was not.

The problem is Princess could of just said no OBC or they could of had a consistent policy and been very specific on which ships/cruises can be granted OBC for no Ocean Medallion. Instead it has not been a consistent approach by Princess. On one of my two cruises where I received OBC, it took two calls after the first one was rejected. On CC there have been many posts where the Princess agent would reportedly say things like “thats a rumor”, “that has not been determined”, “Regal only” or just a simple “NO”. At the same time other agents are saying yes.

It is human nature to ask for something that others are getting and since Princess is responsible for promoting something that they are unable to deliver, I feel there is nothing dishonest about asking for OBC

I can’t wait for our next Princess!

Just imagine how some people will feel if they don't get the on board credit and they find out others on the same exact sailing received the $100 per person just because they called !

Princess should either not allow any credit or process the refund automatically.

This selective allocation of OBC is only going to antagonize some of their loyal customers.

Just imagine how some people will feel if they don't get the on board credit and they find out others on the same exact sailing received the $100 per person just because they called !

Princess should either not allow any credit or process the refund automatically.

This selective allocation of OBC is only going to antagonize some of their loyal customers.

I mostly see your point, but how is this much different than someone not calling Princess and rebooking when a lower fare becomes available and expecting the lower fare to automatically be applied?

I mostly see your point, but how is this much different than someone not calling Princess and rebooking when a lower fare becomes available and expecting the lower fare to automatically be applied?

I do see your point also.

Good question.

Fair point. But the norm in the travel/cruise industry is that the rewards go to those in the know. For example, we would never book a cruise directly with a cruise line (unless we planned to later move it to a cruise agency) because we can always save 7-10% (when netting for OBCs and other amenities) by using various cruise agencies. Do we feel sorry for those that insist on booking direct? Or how about the stockholder credit that we get on every CCL owned cruise line every time we cruise. Should we feel sorry for those that don't take advantage of this long time benefit.? or...How about all the veterans who have never applied for the Princess OBC given to eligible Vets ?

So now we have this ***** fiasco...which nearly any long term cruise veteran should have predicted. Its the norm in the industry that anything new takes a long time to function properly. Personally we have no clue as to why anyone would even care about the ***** (it does not give me anything new....just does the old things differently) but figure the same folks that want to do a maiden voyage (we avoid those like the plague) want to try anything new...even if its designed to primarily benefit the cruise line. Think of it....something to save you from having to turn on your lights....Wow! But as we have said from the early days of planning, I don't see how a cruiser benefits from the cruise line knowing how much time they spend in their bathroom :). Consider that fast WiFi has been around for years....but the cruise lines are just now beginning to implement moderate speed internet. A Princess poster seemed excited that they had fast internet on Princess Cays......which should have been there for the past decade!

Hank

Fair point. But the norm in the travel/cruise industry is that the rewards go to those in the know. For example, we would never book a cruise directly with a cruise line (unless we planned to later move it to a cruise agency) because we can always save 7-10% (when netting for OBCs and other amenities) by using various cruise agencies. Do we feel sorry for those that insist on booking direct? Or how about the stockholder credit that we get on every CCL owned cruise line every time we cruise. Should we feel sorry for those that don't take advantage of this long time benefit.? or...How about all the veterans who have never applied for the Princess OBC given to eligible Vets ?

Hank

There is a difference between ***** OBC and choosing a method of booking a cruise or failing to take advantage of stockholder or military OBC. With booking a cruise, stockholder or military OBC the passenger is in control of the situation. As far as I can tell with ***** OBC being granted, there is no official policy. The passenger has little control because that person is at the whim of the Princess agent on whether OBC is granted.

When I last talked to Princess they said it would be taken care of once onboard. Should I believe them?

Is it shown in your personalizer under "Customer Goodwill"

If not I'd call them back & get someone to move it before I sail.

The last think I would want is get aboard the ship & have to argue with the PSD about why it's not there.