Izumi Question (Oasis class)

We are going on Symphony in 2019. We are also thinking of getting the ultimate dining package...

Could my DH and I go to Izumi, with him doing Hibachi and me doing sushi? Could we each do this as part of the ultimate dining package? Is lunch at Izumi on sea days included in the package?

Thanks!

We ate at Izumi twice last month. The hibachi and sushi areas are separate. However, if you are having hibachi, you are allowed to order sushi along with hibachi and pay the extra $ for the sushi. I saw several people doing this, but they also all ate hibachi. The sushi is ala carte pricing whereas the hibachi is what you get with the dining package. At least, that was the way the waiter explained it to the couple next to us.

We ate at Izumi twice last month. The hibachi and sushi areas are separate. However, if you are having hibachi, you are allowed to order sushi along with hibachi and pay the extra $ for the sushi. I saw several people doing this, but they also all ate hibachi. The sushi is ala carte pricing whereas the hibachi is what you get with the dining package. At least, that was the way the waiter explained it to the couple next to us.

On Oasis and Allure Izumi Hibachi was not part of the dining pkg. It was fixed price with a higher charge for the lobster. What ship were you on?

• 4 weeks later...
Going on Oasis in April. When I look at izumi, it shows the fee to get in but then the menu has prices also. Do we have to pay the fee and then pay A la Carte for dinner?

You may be seeing the fee for hibachi. The hibachi part is a fixed fee, the sushi part is a la carte. So if you are not doing hibachi, there is no cover charge.

You may be seeing the fee for hibachi. The hibachi part is a fixed fee, the sushi part is a la carte. So if you are not doing hibachi, there is no cover charge.

OK thanks. I was looking at the menu online and when i choose the Hibachi Menu it was the same as the A la carte menu. So I was confused. So 45 dollars to do Hibachi but a la carte for izumi regular menu?

OK thanks. I was looking at the menu online and when i choose the Hibachi Menu it was the same as the A la carte menu. So I was confused. So 45 dollars to do Hibachi but a la carte for izumi regular menu?

Correct. Wow, not that long ago it was $30 and $35.