Royal princess/mini-suite stateroom tour

Arwen

By the way, how did you film that so clear? What kind of camera did you use? Just curious.

Janet

Hubby used a Sony AX 53. The intro shot to the stateroom was done with a Sony Action Cam A-3000.

Thanks for posting. You can use any card in the slot for the lights. I used a grocery store loyalty card. I did not want to take the chance of forgetting to take my cruise card with me.

HEY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know that! That is an EXCELLENT tip!!!

Thank you for sharing your video. It was so professionally done!

We had contemplated booking in A218 which is close to A208. The only thing that stopped us was I was worried about a lot of movement since the cabin is near the front. Did you feel much movement?

Thanks for sharing. For me, the two best things about the Royal minis are the larger bathroom and especially the curtain that separates the tv watcher from the person in the bed who wants to sleep. It muffles the sound, but best of all, blocks the light. You can sleep later, too, with no light coming in when the sun comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic! You will LOVE it! It is a really quite stateroom, too.

Well, now, I sure did not notice this the first time around...but I meant to say "quiet" and not "quite". But is also was "quite" a stateroom!

Thank you for sharing your video. It was so professionally done!

We had contemplated booking in A218 which is close to A208. The only thing that stopped us was I was worried about a lot of movement since the cabin is near the front. Did you feel much movement?

Thank you for the compliment. I passed it on to hubby.

I only recall one day out of the ten that I felt noticeable movement. Most of the days and nights I could barely tell we were on a ship! We enjoy the gentle rocking at night (helps us get to sleep!)

This stateroom is great for the Caribbean. Probably would not choose it if we were traversing waters known to have rougher seas

Thanks for sharing. For me, the two best things about the Royal minis are the larger bathroom and especially the curtain that separates the tv watcher from the person in the bed who wants to sleep. It muffles the sound, but best of all, blocks the light. You can sleep later, too, with no light coming in when the sun comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, and yes, and yes to your comments! Not sure now if I can ever go back to booking "just" a balcony stateroom...:(

Last month we were in A102--the very front of the ship. We did not have much movement at all. There was only one day, though, where the seas were not calm. The waves were crashing over the windows as we ate breakfast that morning (on Deck 5).

• 4 weeks later...
We loved our mini-suite on the Royal! Mini-suite stateroom tour of Aloha 208

Come join us:

I literally cannot thank you enough for this! I love it so much that I'm coming out of my "lurker shell" and posting for the FIRST time on CruiseCritic! :cool: I've watched it a bunch of times, and it is really helping me ready my mind (and my planning) for our summer cruise on the Royal. We're further down the deck from 208, but still in a mini-suite, so I'm assuming they're the same.

Anyway, THANK YOU!

Thanks for the video! We are moving "Up" to a mini suite from a balcony for our upcoming Alaska cruise so was delighted to see that extra curtain between the sleeping and living areas - will really need that to help sleep during the endless day we will have at the end of May/beginning of June! Great video!