Hotels at JFK

chumley28540

Could you provide more details? What date do you require parking and for how many days? Two people? Overall travel plan?

The reality is that you're going to have to buy a park/sleep package. No hotel will offer you free long term parking.

Could you provide more details? What date do you require parking and for how many days? Two people? Overall travel plan?

The reality is that you're going to have to buy a park/sleep package. No hotel will offer you free long term parking.

25 days. Will be on back to back cruises. April 29 to May 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are you driving (sedan, suv or minivan) & number of people in your traveling party ? Just to be clear, drive up from the Carolinas to NYC, park & stay overnight to fly out of JFK the next day - to cruise one-way and/or return to NY (deplane/disembark) and then another long drive (7 to 8+ hours) home ??

There aren't any hotels, anywhere inside NYC (maybe across the river in NJ, not sure about such an extended vehicle storage) for free, not a chance - even if parked on a quiet, residential street in some NYC neighborhood would be considered abandoned & subject to traffic ticketing and towing by DOT ... and vandalism/theft, etc. - not a smart choice for an out-of-state plated vehicle.

JFK hotels aren't recommended, for variety of reasons, except for overnight stay for those with flights out the next early morning - discussed at length in numerous threads here on CC.

On airport long-term parking is possible & off-airport long-term secured parking with AAA discount can bring the 24 hour costs to under $20 if reserved & confirmed ahead. It is also possible to find a monthly parking spot outside of Manhattan ... in Queens or Brooklyn, close enough to JFK - for maybe $200 to $250 with 18% plus taxes/mandatory surcharged fees + transfer costs to/from airport.

Not sure how cost effective the overall plan is, mind sharing more details :confused:

Did a little snooping and it appears that what you are actually doing is sailing on Carnival Horizon on April 29 from Barcelona on a 10 day Med cruise followed by a 14 day TA to New York arriving back May 23. This changes your strategy dramatically.

You should be driving to Newark Airport on Friday 4/27. Contact Trinityreservations.com to be sure you can book their Bayonne Cape Liberty package with 21 days parking for $213 TAX INCLUDED plus $10/day for the extra days ($40-50). On Saturday April 28 you take the hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station, go one stop to the Airport station, take NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station for $13/pp and the Long Island Railroad from New York Penn station to Jamaica for JFK for about $15/pp. Exact details for this trip can be provided. Other options would include a shared shuttle from Newark to JFK for about $75 plus tip for 2 people.

I have used the Ramada package when cruising from Cape Liberty. Trinity Reservations is a reputable faith based company who will help you arrange exactly what you need.

The Horizon will dock at the Manhattan Cruiseport. Cab to NY Penn Station is $10-15 and NJ Transit train to Newark Airport is $13/pp. Free Airtrain to the P4 station to connect with the Ramada Plaza hotel shuttle.

You're driving from North Carolina. There's no reason to incur the extra aggravation of driving to and from JFK Airport in Queens, NY, with the expensive bridge tolls and totally unpredictable traffic on the Belt Parkway. There's also no reason pay $75 for a cab from the dock in Manhattan out to JFK to turn around to drive all the way back to NJ to get on the turnpike.

... We need some help from New Yorkers who have used offsite long term parking at JFK. I'm seeing an ad for JFK long term parking for $7.89/day but have no idea about the company offering it - https://www.7dollarsjfkparking.com/
There are # of NYC DCA-licensed offairport facilities near JFK, long-term rates are cheaper than on-airport ... I haven't used one in over a decade. The above is NOT one of them & the rate is too good to be true; and, the old saying is true ... buyer's beware, reviews are negative & suffice to say, not good. I would affirmatively avoid them. Link is here (click) ... there are others floating.

The parking lot at the above given address is small & from the reviews posted, appeared that they park the vehicles on nearby public streets (where there's no ASP rules at all or just once a week)

From your followup analysis, there is absolutely no reason for OP to even drive all the way out to JFK & deal with this at all.

But, I would advise OP to look into getting an EZ-Pass to help with tolls coming up thru VA-MD-DE into NJ if they stick with the plan, plenty of time to order/get one, to avoid the the much slower cash lanes.

I know the JFK area very well. Hubby worked there for 33 years, and my job is located in a Queens community that borders it.

I'll tell you what happened to my coworker. We work in a safe residential area. Parking no problem. The only thing to worry about ticket wise is expired registration. BUT one day, my coworker came out and found her car on cinder blocks! They took her tires and rims!! Mind you she was parked across the street, in front of a residential house. Not that people in the neighborhood took them, but someone from a chop shop knowing that nobody is going to be paying attention took them in broad day light. Can't make it up.

Edit to add: I hope folks know what a chop shop is. Is that NY lingo? lol

I have a friend who drives out her junk car from Suffolk, and simply rents a storage unit in Queens, drives the car in, and locks the door. She's been darn good at finding the "offers". Of course she has a small compact- 2002Toyota Corolla . Works well for her. :)

If you are coming from North Carolina, why would you want to drive an extra hour and park at JFK?

Not only that question, but also why would they want to dock in Manhattan, get themselves and their luggage all the way out to JFK to find their car, and then drive all the way back from JFK to the NJ turnpike to drive home.

The OP is flying out of JFK, so looks like they want the ease of parking near the airport for their outbound journey? Of course with it one way, and coming back on a ship, they will have to transfer between the cruise ship and airport anyway.

I am on the same 2 cruises., but simply will not be flying from NYC to BCN, and will just take bus/subway to the airport I leave from. (LGA, JFK) Just did the same thing round trip last month. And made a 10:30a flight out of LGA.