Connecting doors and noise?

somogirl

On our last cruise we had a connecting door in our cabin and we could hear the conversation from our neighbors.

We have never heard any of our neighbor's before could this be due to the connecting door?

We had the same issue before. we stuck some towels underneath the door. It helped minimize, not eliminate. the noise.

Hmm ....

We have had connecting doors a number of times on Celebrity ships, but I don’t ever remember hearing anything or ever having a problem. I guess some ships have better sound dampening thru the connecting doors ???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had connecting rooms on a recent Pacific Princess cruise. We occasionally would hear the sound of the curtain infront of the sliding doors being opened, or the occasional sounds from the TV. Nothing loud enough to bother us but our neighbors seemed pretty quiet and similarly we were always very careful about keeping our TV volume low so we didn't bother them.

We just had a connecting mini on the Ruby, Emerald deck, and we never heard a peep. That whole aft area was super quiet, rarely even saw other passengers, and I know the ship sailed full.