Cruising from Hong Kong

drivenice

We are cruising from Hong Kong to ports of call in China and Japan in March what is the likely make up of the clientele

I would also post on the dedicated cruise line forum, there may be those with direct experience they can share.

Look in these two areas for your cruise line:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

We are cruising from Hong Kong to ports of call in China and Japan in March what is the likely make up of the clientele

I just returned from Shanghai—Nagasaki—Shanghai on the Quantum of the Seas.

Not exaggerating: 4200 Chinese and 26 Americans.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experience having sailed this itinerary on other cruise ships/lines is that often the mix is specific to the cruise line/ship for many reasons including how it is marketed so do start with the cruise line board. If you do post on the Asia Ports Of Call Board be very specific about the cruise line/ship.

Keith

I just returned from Shanghai—Nagasaki—Shanghai on the Quantum of the Seas.

Not exaggerating: 4200 Chinese and 26 Americans.

The Quantum and the new NCL Joy (arriving (2018?) where designed specifically for the Asian (Chinese) market.

We were on Mariner of the Seas in July and we were three of the 13 English speakers on the sold-out cruise. Expect a lot of Chinese. Activities geared toward them. Some language issues as well with some of the crew.

I have completed two Asian cruises on Diamond Princess and two on RCI. Found a mix of cultures and nationalities, probably more Australians than other nationalities on the last cruise in October which left from Hong Kong and arrived in Singapore. I think it depends how cruise is marketed and which sector is targeted, you can never tell.

I have completed two Asian cruises on Diamond Princess and two on RCI. Found a mix of cultures and nationalities, probably more Australians than other nationalities on the last cruise in October which left from Hong Kong and arrived in Singapore. I think it depends how cruise is marketed and which sector is targeted, you can never tell.

True, some of the cruises relocating from china to Singapore or back to Australia will have a more varied mix on internationals.

We did this on a Ponant ship. Passengers were mostly French with a sprinkling of Australians, 2 Americans, 1 German. Like everybody else said, check on the cruise line forum here on cruise critic. It depends on the marketing of the ship.