Is there that much savings with a bid?

Peachypooh

On 1/4/2018 at 7:16 PM, vince_g said:

Yes I am absolutely certain about this. The amount they quoted me for the upgrade was a lot more than the difference. Maybe because I was looking to upgrade to the Haven. I ended up calling the upsell department, and managed to get the aft suite I wanted.

So, you were once quoted a number that was higher than you expected.  OK, one odd quote.  Then you called the upsell dept (hmmm, was some years ago before bidding program?) and they worked out a better price.  You realize this one time experience might have been a one-off error or a temporary pricing glitch or such, not a general policy.

There are some restrictions, I’m sure, but very often people can upgrade after final payment.   I did so recently, and current posted price of upgraded cabin was utilized.  As you can tell from responses on this thread, my experience seems to be more common than yours (though yours worked out, too, with only an extra phone call)

I’ve posted this on several upgrade threads but I always thought you paid the difference between your original cabin cost and the current rate of the cabin you upgrade to (that’s what it cost me). According to a number of posts on this thread and others, people are getting incredible deals to upgrade. I would like to know what I’m doing wrong.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, vince_g said:

But if you ever tried to upgrade AFTER FINAL PAYMENT, you would know you are not entitled to the current price. The dollar amount for your upgrade will be much more than simply the difference between the going price and what you paid. Once your booking is under penalty it is not even reasonable to think you can just get that room for today's price. NCL is not that nice.

I  spoke with NCL just last week as the prices dropped dramatically for our upcoming cruise.  For an additional payment of $150 pp -- so $300 for the entire week - we could move from our current balcony to an Aft  balcony and keep all of our current perks.  I wasn't sure we'd want to do that (various reasons) but wanted to know our options.    I was concerned because it was after final payment.  He said we can always upgrade with no penalty as it's more revenue for them.  

12 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I’ve posted this on several upgrade threads but I always thought you paid the difference between your original cabin cost and the current rate of the cabin you upgrade to (that’s what it cost me). According to a number of posts on this thread and others, people are getting incredible deals to upgrade. I would like to know what I’m doing wrong.

Sometimes there are good deals in the fall.  Maybe these folks have gotten incredible deals; I really hope so! 

Of course, you can only tell if it is an incredible deal if you know which cruise, which cabin, and the total price (they are often only telling us the upgrade cost, not the original cost).