What's New Since 2015?

soxfan2013

My last cruise was no the Reflection in 2015. Now, we're considering a cruise on the Equinox, both in a Royal Suite. What's new/different besides Luminae?

A new range of stage shows on each ship - they have generally got mixed reviews but I believe there has been some tweaking with them. We enjoyed the 3 we saw on the Eclipse

Not sure when in 2015 you cruised because some of these changes were made in 2015. Michaels Club for suite guests was rolled out.

In addition to the Michaels Club Concierge each ship has a Suites Manager.

Aqua Suites became Sky Suites. Bistro on 5 became Sushi on 5. Luminae no longer has brunch and is not open for lunch on port days. Although it is not mentioned, we have been able to request champagne instead of the 2 bottles of alcohol, and wine instead of beer in the Royal Suites.

Thanks. I was there w Michael's Club but before Lumiere opened. Curious abt how Lumiere compares to the French restaurant, which is the only other restaurant we thought was particularly good. We didn't like the steak house Grill on the top level -- I think the cuts are too thin and I don't think they have a premium dry-aged steak.

We did like and make good use of Wine Masters and participated in a high end wine tasting which was terrific. I think that may be gone. There was also a high end cosmo-fusion bar which we liked (not the bar, but the creative and elaborate drinks).

Naturally, I would presume the entertainment has changed, for better or worse. I don't know whether the Equinox has been refurbished, so I presume the decor is the same.

BTW, our luggage took a long time to wind our way to our room. Isn't it supposed to be prioritized/expedited?

Also, how do people feel about making a 9:45am flight home out of Miami in coach w no status?

Thanks. I was there w Michael's Club but before Lumiere opened. Curious abt how Lumiere compares to the French restaurant, which is the only other restaurant we thought was particularly good. We didn't like the steak house Grill on the top level -- I think the cuts are too thin and I don't think they have a premium dry-aged steak.

We did like and make good use of Wine Masters and participated in a high end wine tasting which was terrific. I think that may be gone. There was also a high end cosmo-fusion bar which we liked (not the bar, but the creative and elaborate drinks).

Naturally, I would presume the entertainment has changed, for better or worse. I don't know whether the Equinox has been refurbished, so I presume the decor is the same.

BTW, our luggage took a long time to wind our way to our room. Isn't it supposed to be prioritized/expedited?

Also, how do people feel about making a 9:45am flight home out of Miami in coach w no status?

We like Luminae, have had some good filets there and only one entrée that I can remember not liking and sending back, thought the scallops were too spiced which killed the taste. Like it that they will modify a dish to your liking and that you can order from the MDR menu, we like escargot. Actually had a fish entrée at Luminae that was better than a similar one at Muranos.

No Lawn Club Grill on Equinox and Cellar Masters is the gastro pub. I haven't seen the high end wine tasting being offered over the last few years. They still have the around the world tasting. In Luminae the sommelier often will offer a bottle of wine at a per glass price that is not normally sold by the glass. Will have an upcharge but still cheaper than the bottle price.

We've been getting our luggage sooner recently. When they announced the Suites Manager position one of the things they advertised was expedited luggage delivery from the pier to the suite. Since we sailed out of Seward, which is an entirely different port set up I don't know if this was the case but our luggage was delivered by 2:00.

When we sailed from Miami our luggage was waiting for us but we were not in a hurry to disembark. The ride to the airport was quick, until we got to the airport then it was like sitting in rush hour traffic. We have TSA pre check and a 10:20 flight from FLL. I'm pretty confident we will make it but I'd never try for 9:45 so good luck with that.:)

Gastrointestinal vs beer is a downgrade.

Premium wines by the glass is a nice touch.

What time is first off the boat? I am worried abt 9:45am Maimi departure.

We have left around 7:30ish and breezed thru immigration. Carried off our own luggage. This was in the Port of Miami.

We got off equinox in oct around 715 doing express walk off grabbed a cab and made our 955am flight with lots of time to spare. None of us had precheck and the tsa lines are a bit slow but still had ample time. Plan on doing the same flight for our March cruise.

I would think that a 9:45 AM flight would be a no go. You'd have to the airport 2 hours prior. You wouldn't be able to use Luggage Valet with a flight that early, and would have to carry off your own bags. Even with a butler helping you, they often don't clear the ship much before 7:30. Even with Nexus or TSA for the airport you'd still have to check bags at the airport.