Obstructed view

robindina

Do you mean the obstructed view balconies or the oceanviews (cabin category 4J - priced as an interior but with a window)? If you mean the 4J cabins, those are awesome! They are at the very front of the ship and the window looks out over a public deck that wraps around the front of the ship on several decks. There is rarely people hanging out on the decks so it's very private. You don't really see the ocean from those cabins, but it's not really a big deal cause you can access that deck in front easily. These rooms are great values for the money! Some have different layouts with beds that cannot be pushed together to make a king and others are handicapped accessible with very large bathrooms. I've stayed in this type of cabin a couple of times and loved them! Sorry - I don't have any pic handy to share though!

Hi

I think you can imagine the "worst" situation for an obstructed view. The obstruction is a lifeboat. So you look out your window or go on your balcony and there is a lifeboat completely in front of you. You can see light either above or below you.

You might have the situation where you are somewhat between two lifeboats. In that case you will likely see some of what is directly in front of you but it will be limited. You can usually pick out how bad it will be by looking at a deck plan of the ship.

You can get a cabin that is considered a partial obstruction where your cabin is directly above the lifeboat. In this kind of case you can see directly out, but you are restricted in views of the ocean closer to the ship.

hope this helps

Thank you robindina for the question, because I was going to ask the same one :) We were considering an obstructed view with french doors. Can you actually go out on the balcony? There are 1 or 2 left of the cruise we are looking at that appear to be between lifeboats. Thanks!

Thank you robindina for the question, because I was going to ask the same one :) We were considering an obstructed view with french doors. Can you actually go out on the balcony? There are 1 or 2 left of the cruise we are looking at that appear to be between lifeboats. Thanks!

Best cabins there are, in my opinion. You can't go out onto the "balcony". We keep the door open, listen to the waves and look out between the lifeboats. You'll love this cabin type!

There is no balcony at these cabins. Just a small walkway for crew members to work from. You can open these doors but can't step outside.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

We just booked one of the interior obstructed view with french doors on the Miracle out of Tampa for this year! Our first time too! I called A carnival vacation planner and asked for one that is not directly in front of lifeboat. On you tube there are a lot of room tour videos of them as well! We liked the idea of the sofa and little table in them too,instead of interior you only have the bed and a little stool to sit on in the cabin.

Mike and Pam