First MSC Cruise - MSC Seaside 12-30-2017 Sailing_Review with Pictures

Tall-Cruiser

What time was the Black Card Party?

Can my husband, who is Gold, attend with me?

Never mind on the second questions. It's been answered that a Black Card member may bring a guest.

So, what about the time of the party?

LOVING all the photos...thanks again for a great review....Looking forward to Cozumel as that will be one of our Ports :)

Loving your review and Pictures, Tall-Cruiser Thank you for sharing. We are sailing the new year sailing this year, on deck 9 but hey i don't mind . , really looking forward to it now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Thank you EssG and Chris. You will enjoy your cruise. Chris, the deck 9 balcony has a lot of room and more than he GS we had. At least now you know what it look like from the decks above.:)

Tall Cruiser just wanted to say thank you. I think this has been the most useful and informative review of Seaside that i have read.

We haven't booked a cruise on her but its a ship i was loooking forward to trying at some point. But honestly some of the reviews so far have been less than stellar and i was thinking maybe my hard earned money would be being spent on something else.

However this review so far has moved Seaside back onto my list of ones to try.

Its refreshing to read about the food ( yes it is subjective) but i have always enjoyed our meals on MSC.

To sum up its been great to read a not gushing, not slamming but factual, helpful just having a nice time and enjoying all that is on offer review.

Thank you for taking the time.

Mattnvick - Thanks very much for the nice comments and feedback. I am trying to keep it straight and provide valuable info for those to follow. I will again say that of the five people on our six person table (one could not eat seafood), we all concluded it was the best seafood we have had on a cruise. Also the portions/sizes were good. Yes, there were times someone ordered rare steak and it wasn't. But the waiter took it back and brought a new one out. Our waiter Robin and his assistant were great. They were slammed, rushing to alleviate slow service, please everyone and be on time for the next seating waiting outside. The first day or so they seemed stressed as they had a lot of tables and people to attend to. They were more relaxed when some guest went to the specialty restaurants, thus allowing them less tables and people to attend to. It got better, they were relaxed and knew what you wanted and it was all smiles. Patience does it, and its required from all sides.

Approach it with a positive mind and you will most likely enjoy it. So go ahead and book.:)

What time was the Black Card Party?

Can my husband, who is Gold, attend with me?

Black Card Party was around 5PM. Yes you can take your husband. FYI, you can take whoever is in you cabin, They had a list outside the Haven Lounge that had all Black Card holders and cabin numbers.

I read this ship has a lot of outdoor space. Are people utilizing the promenade? I know there aren't bars along the promenade like there are on the NCL mega ships. Does this ship deliver its advertisement of being closer to the sea?

Laura

Laura - Yes the ship has lots of outdoor space and people were utilizing it. Because of the cooler weather and sometimes windy conditions, the outside promenade was never crowded. During the summer months it will be a great spot and a good plan to have it by MSC. And yes, it is closer to the sea.:)

Cozumel, Mexico

Its Wednesday and we are in Cozumel. We had no doubt that we had arrived, as yet again those Bow Thrusters let us know. If you are in one of the forward most cabins you may feel it unless, you are a sound sleeper.:)

After getting off the pier and into Punta Langosta Terminal, we were directed to where to catch a taxi. You went up the escalators, across the street via a bridge walkway and came down at the far end of the terminal. The taxi line was not very organized and required that you get a little aggressive a get a taxi. We eventually found one for a cost of $6 per person.

For all the times we visited Cozumel, we either booked a tour through the cruise line or walked around on our own. We would then stop at Pancho's Backyard (two locations, one in downtown and second at the Carnival Cruise Lines Pier) for a late lunch followed by some shopping. This time with research right here from CC we decided on Mr. Sancho's.

Several weeks before I emailed and called Mr. Sancho's. They gave me the run down about the property and what expect. We opted for the All-Inclusive package at $55 per person. They required a $5 per person deposit which we did online and later received and email confirmation from them. Our taxi then took us to Mr. Sancho's that morning. Upon arriving we got checked-in and were each given a wrist band.

A small buffet was setup right outside a covered area. Down the beach area and mostly to the right was the area for all-inclusive guest. We went down and found a covered table big enough for our group. I pulled up a few loungers for those that wanted shade. There was a fare amount of people there already. Our cabin neighbors, a very nice could from Brazil (P and T, initials) were also there to have a good time. As to the beach loungers, first there get the good spots right in front of the water. The beach was clean, water clear and not much seaweed compared to other locations in Cozumel.

Later a waiter came by with a menu to take our order. Even though it was all-inclusive not all items were available via the buffet. So you could order as much as you wanted off the menu. For us the food was good and there was plenty. The only complaint some had, was that the alcohol was not strong enough or drinks were weak. This only happened with the ones delivered by the wait staff. If you ordered directly from the bar it was ok. Later in the day it got a little windy if you sat right in front. So some of us moved back for a warmer spot. We had a great time there and was very relaxing. We left a little early so that those whop wanted to shop downtown would have time to do so.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Thank you SO much for taking the time to do this review and share all your fantastic photos! It is appreciated SO very much! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

Thanks for this wonderfully factual review! Really enjoying the read![/quote

Jewliana / TravelinGert - Thanks very much and I'm glad you are enjoying the review.

More to come:)

By now you now the drill. Have a great time in one of islands, get back onboard and then what. You know it, gelato.

Most of us then went back to the cabin, took a little nap and then went to dinner for another good meal. This evening we didn't book any shows, instead some of us decided to check out the 70's Party at the Haven Lounge. I was very curious how it was going to be because in my head the bar was set very high. Yes, I was picturing all the 70's theme parties on the Oasis Class ships I had cruised on including last year on Harmony. It was not as crowded as those held in the Royal Promenade of the Oasis class, still it was a nice crowd and mix of people. In my opinion their DJ is very good, plus the lady leading these activities was very good and kept the crowd dancing, and her included with her crew team. I actually walked up to her after and told her she was doing a great job. She was the same lady leading the dancing from the White Party in the Atrium. So for a 70s Party held in a lounge on a cruise ship I give them an A.

Some pictures of that evening to follow. Forgive me, the lighting was not optimal for some good pictures.

Its Thursday morning a Sea Day. We ordered room service mostly for the coffee, so a light breakfast. The reason for the light breakfast was that a few days before we tried to book our Complementary Black Card Dinner, but all the restaurants were completely booked for dinner, so we reserved lunch at Butchers Cut. We arrived at the restaurant and assigned a nice ocean view table. Captain Scala and his family were also present enjoying your lunch.

The waiter came over and asked if we wanted regular lunch or the Black Card complementary one which meant we could only have specific items from the menu. That was ok because the options that included an appetizer, an entrée, a side and followed by a desert. A few of us hard the steak or filet, others seafood. For appetizer, some had the biggest shrimp cocktail serves in a bowl of ice. I had a beets salad that I took a chance on recommended by the waiter. Looking at it I wasn't sure, but then upon tasting it was great. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I did take a picture of the main course this time.

84994f1bfa4bc65d0cf95f72afd5574b.jpg

Everyone agreed, it was the best lunch they had had on a cruise ship and glad we chose Butcher's Cut.

We then went down to check the sales at the shops. There were some good watch sales, 2 for $39, and they were nice designs.

Later that late afternoon I️ went to South Beach, aft on deck 7 to capture some views of the sunset and ship.

469799736dd5e38f88895f9e8e088e62.jpg

8c378c1c1b0a967239131d0c5ac44d0d.jpg

003447e9387f83fdf9342d79298a4c72.jpg

23e5f8eb7cca8d4ff7cfc54cea6ddb17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums