First MSC Cruise - MSC Seaside 12-30-2017 Sailing_Review with Pictures

Tall-Cruiser

T-C: Loving your well-written and informative review. Being just recently back from our first MSC cruise ourselves, and not having found time to do a review, we realize how time-consiming it it. Appreciate you taking that time.

We're also going to be on the Seaside later this year, so especially interested and we're definitely enjoying your great photos.

Thanks.

Good day all.

riclop

CarrieAP

shukapaw

Keith1010 -

Norwegian Cruiser73

EssG

TonyLondon

cruzeluver

Beamafar

NAUGHTYCA

nushnakka

Robkat

Thank you all for your kind comments. I learned from the best here at CC and many of you are in that group.

Keith - All the pictures I have posted thus far were taken using an iPhone. I haven't downloaded pictures yet from my small Panasonic Luminix camera. Thanks to a tip from John&LaLa on the thread "How to Post Pictures" I was able to use my iPhone and post pics using the App Forums.

Robkat - Yes now that I am doing it, it is very time consuming.

Bea - Many thanks to you, Sidari, MikeSa, Skier52 and the many other CC members for all you insights and tips about MSC.

Before I️ continue on the New Year’s eve stuff let me quickly post the pics of the layout provided by MSC for 12002 and 11003 and the floor plan I️ drew out. This will hopefully help others booking these cabins in the future. I️ have not been in 12002 so I️ don’t know what it really looks like but would guess it’s similar to 11003.

797ff27e8ac6b1243b35282d9a06c744.jpg

07af8908622c659d783d06fa281dbc3a.jpga1e80ea4aeabcd07dd8e1b7f34600b10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! Thanks for the review. Was there a lot of storage in your cabin?

I would guess they put the devider up on balcony to avoid law-suits , if someone banged their head, there doesn't look like there is much headroom in the closed off area of the balcony.

Msc should definitely change their description of the balcony size.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your review.

I'm looking forward to your comparison between RCCL and MSC although I'm guessing these are two different animals. I'm Diamond on RCCL, Platinum on NCL and three DCL/CCL cruises but next month will be my first MSC cruise, which will be on Seaside and have Allure booked in August with my family (first time on that class, cannot wait!).

My kids are 24 and 19 so I'm going to check out the nightlife next month when I'm sailing with my mom. My dh and kids, who are still both in school, will be home working/school.

Although I wouldn't let it bother my cruise, I wouldn't like it if the lights started flickering to tell me I needed to hurry up and finish my dinner. Where did you spend your evenings after dinner? Did you have a favorite spot to go to each evening for drinks?

Was there anything special done at sailaway (party?).

Thanks so much and looking forward to reading more and LOVING all your pictures!

Hello! Thanks for the review. Was there a lot of storage in your cabin?

I would guess they put the devider up on balcony to avoid law-suits , if someone banged their head, there doesn't look like there is much headroom in the closed off area of the balcony.

Msc should definitely change their description of the balcony size.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Kerry - Thanks. Yes there was lots of storage. The walk-in closet had lots of room. The master bedroom had all that cabinet space under the porthole wall. The center section of that cabinet had the hair dryer and mirror. I will check my pictures and add them here for you to see.

Next New Year’s Eve festivities

Theatre Show

After dinner we walked around a little in the atrium, andthen some went back to the cabins to get a little more comfortable with shoesand clothes. Earlier that day, using MSC for Me app, I reserved the Theatreshow, The Wizard starting at 10:30PM. We made it down to the Theatre around10:15PM and sat towards the back. The theatre is one big level as oppose to theRCI type theatre that has an upper and lower level seating. Access to thetheater is via decks 6 and 7. The majority of people access it from deck 7.Those that have reservation are let in first and then the doors are open toeveryone else. Similar to RCI, MSC also scheduled multiple events around thesame time so that they have a better control on crowds at different venues.

The show was a combination of singing and acrobats nicelyblended together. The singers (regardless if you liked that type of music ornot) were excellent. The acrobats were likewise excellent. The show lastedabout 40 minutes. In fact most of the shows are between 30 and 40 minutes.

New Year’s Party

This event I believe wasoriginally scheduled to take place in the Haven Lounge or the Haven Lounge wasto be for a much smaller party. In any event, the main event was to take place ondeck 16 aft, Miami Beach Pool area and surroundings on deck 18 and 19. As allthe other shows in different venues were coming to an end, all elevators wereheading up to deck 16. If you were smart and got there early you were lucky tofind a seat and or table. Also, just because you found a seat didn’t mean itwas the “prime” location.

There were peopleeverywhere ready to bring in the new year. All ages, nationalities and culturesall came together. Truly a beautiful sight. Yes there was pushing, steppingover people and all that just to find your ultimate spot to celebrate themoment. Bar service was crazy as it was so crowded. It was really a challengeto get a drink. Some people either because they knew the Bartender or had somecredentials (showing a badge or card) got help much faster. At one pointanother person tried to do the same in front of me and I told the waitress weand some other people were there first, and she had to take us. And with asmile to her and from her she did. Over at the other side of the pool on thestage in front of the big screen was the area for the ship Captain, officers, somecrew and family members. Most if not all he officers dressed in white uniform.The music was full blast, great mixing of music, people dancing all around andbeing very cheerful. The weather was cooperating with a gentle breeze and seasopted for slower music to not to interrupt those dance moves. Out in the faryonder of the starboard side you could see some Island (had to be Cuba) withlights, where later as new year’s struck you could see fireworks light the sky.

With the music nowslightly turned down, all kinds of drinks in hand, some holding hand to hand,the countdown began. Before you knew it, it was 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Happy NewYear! A very beautiful moment on MSC Seaside. All those people pushing,shoving, stepping on you, you stepping on them and etc. all had nothing but smiles,hugs, kisses and high fives. That’s the kind of togetherness we need more of intoday’s world.