Canceled cruise - how long to get refund

Cruzin-K

I just canceled a 2019 cruise that I'd booked, and am wondering how long it will take for the refund of the deposit to hit my credit card. So far it's just been two days, but I don't know when to start worrying. It was a fully refundable fare, so the entire deposit should be coming back to me, it just hasn't yet :(:confused:

I just canceled a 2019 cruise that I'd booked, and am wondering how long it will take for the refund of the deposit to hit my credit card. So far it's just been two days, but I don't know when to start worrying. It was a fully refundable fare, so the entire deposit should be coming back to me, it just hasn't yet :(:confused:

I just canceled a cruise on January 3. The refund showed up on my credit card on January 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I canceled a cruise in December and received credits on my credit card 3 business days later. I have had it take 5 - 7 business days. Be aware that they always post 2 or 3 smaller credit amounts that equal the total deposit. For example, instead of receiving a $500 credit on my card, I received two credits in the amounts of $259.58 and $240.42. These credits may appear one behind the other or several hours apart. The first time this happened, I wasted 20 (agitated) minutes on hold with Celebrity thinking they’d not given me a full refund! Hope you’re able to book another one soon.

Most cruise lines tell us 7 to 10 days. If you get it sooner, that is great.

I checked with my TA and she said 10-14 days. Sigh. Canceling on a Thursday before a holiday weekend probably isn't speeding things up for me either :(

The cancellation fee goes back to the credit card you made it. Unless it's going to cycle in the next few days, shouldn't be a problem.

Even when my credit card cycles, payment is not due for an additional 25 days or so. If the refund appears on my credit card within that 25 days, my cc company deducts it from the total balance due. I'm not sure if all companies do it that way, but my Chase United Explorer Plus does.