Live diary from the Regal Princess - Jan 14-28, 2018

lor74

Someone is on the Royal Princess right now and posted a picture of their coffee card earlier today. This one has the same terms as they have had for awhile. Punches can be used on a future (next) cruise, and free brewed coffee is only good for the current voyage. I wonder if they are really starting to put expiration dates on the latest batch of coffee cards???

This is interesting since I was on the same sailing on Royal and my coffee cards both have pre-printed expiration dates of 12/31/18 on them. Mine were in exchange for our Elite mini bar. I wonder if the cards you purchase on board have no expiration but the free ones do? There seems to be quite a flap going on right now about the cards expiring. I have many, many cards with nothing written on them from past voyages.

Loving your live review! Thank you for taking the time. Will be on the Regal (first time for that ship) for 2 weeks in March.

This is interesting since I was on the same sailing on Royal and my coffee cards both have pre-printed expiration dates of 12/31/18 on them. Mine were in exchange for our Elite mini bar. I wonder if the cards you purchase on board have no expiration but the free ones do? There seems to be quite a flap going on right now about the cards expiring. I have many, many cards with nothing written on them from past voyages.

Loving your live review! Thank you for taking the time. Will be on the Regal (first time for that ship) for 2 weeks in March.

I'm guessing that they're depleting old stock as they go.

Some people still get the old cards, some don't.

Those in transit today but not getting off the ship waited in the theater. Once each manager reported their area had been cleaned, we were processed. This was about 11:10.

We have a new CD but she is only filling in for 2 months.

When we did our B2B on the Regal in 2016, I got off the ship to mail purchases and a luggage we no longer wanted/needed back home. Once back to the port, although I had my "transit" card, none of us were allowed to board until after the Weddings, Suite and Elite group. I had several Elite with me (I'm Platinum) and even they weren't allowed to go on until after everyone in the Elite waiting lounge (which they were not allowed to go into) was on board.

My wife... she was in the theater. After making several announcements, knocking on the guests door and searching the ship top to bottom, it wasn't until after 11am that several transit guests showed up. I was actually on board and in the room before my wife, who left the theater and came directly to the room, arrived. It took me half the day and several Beverely Hills Ice Tea drinks to calm her down.

When we did our B2B on the Regal in 2016, I got off the ship to mail purchases and a luggage we no longer wanted/needed back home. Once back to the port, although I had my "transit" card, none of us were allowed to board until after the Weddings, Suite and Elite group. I had several Elite with me (I'm Platinum) and even they weren't allowed to go on until after everyone in the Elite waiting lounge (which they were not allowed to go into) was on board.

My wife... she was in the theater. After making several announcements, knocking on the guests door and searching the ship top to bottom, it wasn't until after 11am that several transit guests showed up. I was actually on board and in the room before my wife, who left the theater and came directly to the room, arrived. It took me half the day and several Beverely Hills Ice Tea drinks to calm her down.

It's amazing the number of people who don't believe the in transit message if for them.

We are on the Feb 4th cruise for two weeks. I have been studying the daily patter. Thanks for showing it to us.

We would appreciate it if you could post info about the beach conditions especially in St. Maarten.

Hope to find a beach that has some chairs and umbrellas and cold beer.:beer-mug:

We are on the Feb 4th cruise for two weeks. I have been studying the daily patter. Thanks for showing it to us.

We would appreciate it if you could post info about the beach conditions especially in St. Maarten.

Hope to find a beach that has some chairs and umbrellas and cold beer.:beer-mug:

Have you gone to the Ports of Call boards and searched beaches in St. Maarten? This is how we found Orient Beach and it's a required stop each and every time we are there.

Caution: Clothing Optional. But it has everything you will want. Chairs, Umbrella's, Cocktails, Food...

I know the feeling. It seems to happen on almost every cruise lately.

Maybe when the ***** takes full effect they can track down the stragglers quicker.

Some people just have no regard that over 3,000 people are waiting on them to arrive. :mad:

We are not going to the beach. Last week, a fellow on board who had been on the previous week, had told me that they were the first visitors with everything on the island being open again. I don't know if that is accurate, but he said they were overjoyed to have their tourist $$$ back.

It was a good sea day. We were poolside for most of it. We both got our laps in. Everything is on repeat now. It is formal night. Ro grabbed a glass of champagne, and we are dining in Alfredos. Beatlemaniacs in the theatre....we have already seen them...maybe pop in later

120529abb1775fef3518710f1e94cbed.jpg

9981f434b1bcafb740db5dbfc94331aa.jpg

ddf57813b8d8fb83c973827d17e1407e.jpg

9032ce4c6c3fed4734da4baff870d68b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a coffee card with a few punches left from two years ago. It was good for lattes but not for regular coffee. When I bought a new card a date was written on by a barista and only good for regular coffee on that sailing. This was on Regal October ‘17.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is brilliant, thank you!

Could I ask a favour? If you happen upon the seafood bar would you be able to take a photo of that menu please? Thank you!

Yes that would be great. We sail July 4th on the Regal. Can’t find the roll call ...