Oasis of the Seas - January 14-21 a short(ish) review

Well, I’m looking out my window at a major snow storm right now, I’m glad that we took this week off work! Time to start supper, I tried showing my seapass to everyone in my household, but no food magically appeared....

It looks like my short(ish) review is turning into a long(ish) review... i’m just having too much fun writing it!

More to come

Sent from my iPad using Forums

St Maarten Day!

4557b6f7adb9ecf419459f56f643514d.jpg

We decided to have breakfast on our balcony as we came into Port

37941d056c0d57f5dca62cc2b63929b4.jpgfe4d610bfd4fa0cfed888658d424a221.jpg

We always take the water taxi to the beach in the morning so that we can tan while the guys rent sea doos from our good buddy Bernard. Then we go back to the ship for a clean up and lunch, and head back over to do a little shopping.224d737f414434289b1690adf5608d8f.jpgfb6a9f298c39ddc4b520df9f8be69372.jpgb5e4d4a7d81c493019d55d13fb059055.jpg

You can still see signs of the aftermath, 2nd floors are missing from some buildings along the beach, and most of the palm trees have lost their palms, but the island is still beautiful. Gavin, one of the locals told us that the sand was right up to the top of the first floor windows of the buildings along the beach and they had to shovel it all back. The beach itself is a little bit different, there is a bit more of a steeper slope down to the water, not as gradual as it was.

I almost forgot! We went to Giovanni’s for dinner.

ba65d9865c6c8773b3a84c475fc22cd4.jpg

There is so much food! You get this wonderful bread to dip in balsamic vinegar and oil, then an antipasto board, then you choose a bunch of appetizers to share, then you choose your main dish which also comes with 3-4 pasta dishes to share.... then there’s dessert!c5ad94bc071626992295339e773e9b54.jpg52ffe3014b8470656413afd3d6730464.jpg

7a674548058f9dadb4a85f5dee29f092.jpg

Our waiter Vitaly, he was wonderful!

0ee6ba53f9475c3a55a9d83daac83375.jpg

Fellow Canadian here...so much better to be where you are. :-)

Great review so far. For the Cats picture, was that taken at intermission? If so, it really looks like everyone left...

Hi there my fellow Canuck! The last 2 photos were taken when we were wandering around the ship on one of the sea days, I just wanted to get some pics of the stage setup. There wasn’t anything happening in the theatre at the time.

Love the tux for your anniversary dinner. So special! Great review. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved it as well, he bought it for our very first cruise in 2004. Was very happy with himself when he realized he had lost some weight and could fit into it again!

I’m not much of a regular martini gal either, but the chocolate martinis at the ChampagneBar are awesome! My friend isn’t a martini girl either and ordered a “flirtini”. She loved that as well!

Hi there my fellow Canuck! The last 2 photos were taken when we were wandering around the ship on one of the sea days' date=' I just wanted to get some pics of the stage setup. There wasn’t anything happening in the theatre at the time.

Ah ok...very good to hear. Thanks for explaining. Many say that they leave at intermission so wasn't sure if "everyone" actually left. Feel bad for the actors. It still must be great seeing the dancers and costumes.

Great review!

Hi Bob' date=' we had the early 5:30 seating, late seating was 7:30.

Thanks for the info. We have 2 oasis this year and noticed that on Compasses a couple weeks ago so changed my My Time to be compatible with show times. Bob