What is your routine when you embark?

Horsgrl

Arrive as soon after noon as possible; up to deck 8, check in hand baggage at the Colonnade entrance; quick wash and brush up in the nearby cloakroom, then some lunch and lots of wine, preferably outside; to suite around 2 to 2.30; meet stewardess; unpack if bags are there; quick read of day's programme; to dining room for drill; up to sky bar for sailaway and more drinks. :)

Last summer on the Odyssey sailing out of Barcelona, some luggage took a long time to arrive. Our third suitcase was not even there after the muster drill, and by about 5 p.m. I was getting very worried, as the sail away was imminent. When I phoned Customer Services in a panic, I was assured that luggage was still being brought up and sure enough it arrived soon after.

Wendy,

Do know that Seabourn usually blocks off the entrances to the areas where the suites are located until the announcement is made that they are ready. You would be able to walk around many of the public areas of the ship but not access your suite to drop your carry on bag.

As to delivery of bags they often come pretty quickly (that is one of the advantages of a small ship) but there have been times when our bags have not arrived until just before boat drill. You just never know. In a perfect world I too like to unpack prior to boat drill so then I’m free to relax afterwards.

Thanks for the heads-up! NP, we'll be travelling reasonably light this time, in the carry-on department, since we're in our home country both embarking and disembarking, close to home, so no airports to navigate. I know what you mean about the luggage--I've experienced late luggage arrival, even on a small ship.

I want to be one of the first onboard. Head to the colonnade for lunch. As soon as we can get into our suite, change to bathing suit and head to the pool area. Introduce myself to the pool barstaff and have my first of many margaritas in the hot tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i usully indulge in a spot of people-watching - 'they look interesting - did you see that dress!!?? - don't like the look of him - omg three small children, hope they are not on our deck ', people watch, chat to folks nearby, make mental note to definately avoid that couple,

love it!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂

I know I am showing my Seabourn age, but how many of you remember when they use to pack us into the auditorium with maybe some light hors d'oeuvres and a drink?? Nothing worse then traveling thousands of miles then sitting around until our room was ready.....

Now you can have a nice lunch, wine for my wife, local beer for me, and start your cruise off nice and relaxed. This shows the power of the end of cruise survey, they do read them and act upon our suggestions.

Soooo, on your next embarkation day, as you are enjoying a nice lunch, thank an old Diamond member. Cheers