MDR Dress Code - Coral Princess

The Big Lebowski

Been a while since our last cruise (Grand Princess Caribbean 2008). We're headed out next week on the Coral Princess and I can't recall the dress code in the MDR on "dress casual" regular nights. Can guys get away with nice shorts and a button up shirt with some decent deck shoes?

We lived in Hawaii for five years and you could dress like that almost anywhere so I've gotten spoiled with that look.

On our cruise on the Regal over New Years men were turned away from the dining room in shorts. One gentleman in front of us was told if he would like to put on long pants he could return or he could go to the Horizon or the Grill on the Lido deck. Also saw a couple turned away from the Crown Grill one night who were wearing shorts. They did allow jeans in the MDR.

Thanks for the informative answers and sarcasm (not). Makes me feel at home. Doesn't bother me at all to wear pants. Was just wondering...... I'll keep my lame questions to myself next time ;-)

Keep the questions coming and ignore the trolls. MDR dress code questions seems to bring out the worst of them. The CC fashion police never rest so ignore them.

You most likely will be stopped if you wear shorts at dinner in the MDR but not always as I saw below.

I saw shorts on several men our last Emerald Mexican Riviera cruise during the first TD seating. Add to that tshirts and hats worn in the MDR. It all depends on what the Maitre'd wants to allow or be challenged. At a 2 top next to our table there was a gentleman who wore his hat (pie hat) every night including formal night. The standards are slipping and have been for some time.

We were on the Coral two years ago and saw several gentlemen turned away at the dining room for not having a collared shirt. These were older gentlemen. They were also very particular on formal nights - NO jeans - even nice new ones. Jeans were fine on any other night in the dining room. Have fun!