Kids on Infinity?

KTMay1917

We are long time RCCL cruisers but have not cruised in a few years. Our girls (7&4) will be old enough to come in Nov/2018 on a 5 night Infinity Western cruise we have booked.

Starting to 2nd guess myself though as the ship just seems to look boring to be blunt...what is there to do on the 2 seas days on that cruise? They certainly had the best price/perks for the 5 night schedule. Any experiences with kids that young on these cruises? We aren't big kidsclub/daycare type people.

Thanks!

I agree with your second guessing. We are long time Celebrity cruisers. When we took our entire family, with eight grandchildren ranging from 4 to 13 years old, we booked RCI because we knew they would have more to do and much more fun and they had a blast. So much so......we sailed RCI this past summer when they were 9 through 18. Of course, in the end, you will be the best one to decide if those extra perks are really worth it.

If your children can find ways to occupy themselves, that would be a key. Otherwise, there is really not much to do for children that age on Celebrity as compared to RCL.

Of course, you will have other posters who will say "My two year old says Celebrity is his favorite cruise line". But you know your children best. I can tell you our child had a great time on RCL and there was no problem meeting others. Much higher energy level on RCL.

We love Celebrity but we're planning our family reunion for Royal Caribbean because X is really geared to the older cruiser. If you're in a different port every day and your kids can spend all day in the pool you might be ok, but if there are several sea days and they're not water rats you I would stick with RC....just MHO.

We are long time RCCL cruisers but have not cruised in a few years. Our girls (7&4) will be old enough to come in Nov/2018 on a 5 night Infinity Western cruise we have booked.

Starting to 2nd guess myself though as the ship just seems to look boring to be blunt...what is there to do on the 2 seas days on that cruise? They certainly had the best price/perks for the 5 night schedule. Any experiences with kids that young on these cruises? We aren't big kidsclub/daycare type people.

Thanks!

As someone who left RC because I thought they were getting too 'kid-centric', I would re-think X as being the cruise line of choice for kids that age. Don't get me wrong, X does have their kids' club, and you see a good number of families on most any X ship. But, unlike RC, the focus of the X cruising experience is not directed to families with small kids. Although my DH and I haven't cruised RC in years, it would be our first choice, if we ever decide to do a family cruise, with the grandkids!

We went on a five night Thanksgiving cruis three years ago on the Constellation. My daughter and son were 11. We signed them up for the VIP kids Program which provided some extra activities with the regular kids program. The kids went to the kids club as soon as it opened the first night. They had the kids doing scavenger hunts in small groups. This really helped them make friends. We couldn’t get them out of the kids club after that. My daughter still keeps in touch with some of the friends she made that year.

If they don't like a kid's club program, then Celebrity would be out. If they do like to become involved in the kid's club, it will be great. Kids all seem to enjoy it as smaller number of kids. They do a great job with the program! (My children preferred Celebrity kids program over RCCL's but only on the Freedom class and smaller)

Thanks!

Is your cruise over Thanksgiving holiday in the US? If so there will be quite a few kids on Infinity particularly since it is in the Caribbean. If not, and the schools are in session the week you cruise, I would guess mostly older adults and very few kids. What to do on two sea days if you don't want the kids club activities? Spend the quality time with them and enjoy!

If your children can find ways to occupy themselves, that would be a key. Otherwise, there is really not much to do for children that age on Celebrity as compared to RCL.

Of course, you will have other posters who will say "My two year old says Celebrity is his favorite cruise line". But you know your children best. I can tell you our child had a great time on RCL and there was no problem meeting others. Much higher energy level on RCL.

Totally agree. My girls started cruising with X at about the same ages... and they absolutely LOVE it. (They are 9 & 13 now). But they love going to Kids club! They like that there is often not a lot of other children on board... no lines for games, more attention from staff, etc. As they get older they love the scavenger hunts. We eat our meals together - they go to club for a few hours after breakfast and after dinner. We all love the amount of time together and apart. But if they want to be with you the whole day, but want "things to do" on board... you might have a tough time. But I'd give it a go... :)

My 7 and 10 year olds were on the Infinity Alaska Cruise. The kids club had a lot of different activities going on all the time and Xbox games, if they are into that.

I was tentative about taking the kids on the cruise, but it was The best vacation ever’ according to them.

The crew went out of their way for them and the activities from the kids club were so much fun. If you put in a little effort, they will enjoy themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The X kids club is the first that our son felt confident enough to go to, perhaps because there was less kids. As above, we struggled to get him out of it, and made a few friends and enjoyed the activities. He's never experienced something like an RCI ship so the comparison isn't there to make, but we have stayed at resort hotels that had more facilities for kids and he still rates X as the best holiday overall.

As someone who left RC because I thought they were getting too 'kid-centric', I would re-think X as being the cruise line of choice for kids that age. Don't get me wrong, X does have their kids' club, and you see a good number of families on most any X ship. But, unlike RC, the focus of the X cruising experience is not directed to families with small kids. Although my DH and I haven't cruised RC in years, it would be our first choice, if we ever decide to do a family cruise, with the grandkids!

Agree completely. When our family was younger, RCI was the first choice. But (for a number of reasons), we too have moved on to Celebrity. While Celebrity does have a children's program that is reportedly very good, the types of family and children's venues such as the ice skating rink, aqua theater, rock climbing wall, zip line, bumper cars, flow rider, etc., are all thankfully missing on Celebrity.