How to find number of kids/teens on a certain cruise

Optotronics

A while back someone on the forum here was able to lookup the number of kids/ teens on a particular cruise.

Is this information available publicly?

I don't know the person was a TA or how they found this.

I would like to find out about the march 20th royal princess cruise if anyone knows.

Thanks

I believe that Princess will tell you if you phone them

Having said that, we have been on many 10 days Princess sailings in March and April, and there are never many kids or teens.

I have one teen going with us on a whale watching excursion in St Lucia for that sailing.

Princess will often tell you in advance if you ask, or the CD knows after boarding.

I'm not sure why it matters. We've never had much of an issue with kids/teens on Princess ships. While there were lots of teens last summer, they were rarely an issue and seemed to keep to themselves most of the time. If the issue is who will be around to interact with your child/children, your child can't play with 100 kids at a time. Whether there are 10 or 100 on the ship, they will generally interact with a small number.

We've cruised Disney with 400 kids on board and with 1500. We've learned that it matters more what the age of the kids are than how many. Cruising during times when traditional schools are in session means lots of toddlers and pre-schoolers and some early elementary kids. These kids are never a problem as they are either in the kid programming or under the supervision of their parents. If you cruise Disney during school breaks, there are huge numbers of "tweens" and teens. The "tweens" are the ones causing the problems we've seen. Parents think that "parenting" stops when they step on the ship, but they allow their little darlings to run around the ship unsupervised--trashing the self serve ice cream and beverage stations, stealing from host carts, etc. We have NEVER seen these issues on Princess.

The best cruise we've ever had from a kid interaction standpoint was a 14 night cruise with 15 teens on board. This was in September, when most kids can't travel, and every one of these kids was great. 10 years later, my daughter is still in touch with a couple of them.

I believe that Princess will tell you if you phone them

Having said that, we have been on many 10 days Princess sailings in March and April, and there are never many kids or teens.

I have one teen going with us on a whale watching excursion in St Lucia for that sailing.

Thanks again:)

We don't have kids going, I was just wondering how this was available. So I just need to ask:)

Maybe see you on board.

If you have any questions on this cruise, let me know. We did this exact itinerary in November on the royal.

We couldn't pass up the great last minute deal on this to do it all again.

I can hardly wait:)

Thanks again:)

We don't have kids going, I was just wondering how this was available. So I just need to ask:)

Maybe see you on board.

If you have any questions on this cruise, let me know. We did this exact itinerary in November on the royal.

We couldn't pass up the great last minute deal on this to do it all again.

I can hardly wait:)

Thanks....we have done this cruise itinerary many times (16 or 17 I suspect).....and perhaps we will see you on board

Princess will often tell you in advance if you ask' date=' or the CD knows after boarding.

I'm not sure why it matters.

[/quote']

There is a limit for each age category of kid. This is a safety rule. It actually affected me, as we were trying to book a cruise during a holiday and they had hit the maximum for my son's age range, so we were unable to book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well,there is no limit on holiday cruises...over 700 kids were on our Thanksgiving cruise and for us it was a nightmare...March will likely have very few children.

March is spring break time for many colleges as well as elementary and secondary schools. Depending on when in March, on a cruise of 7 nights or less you could end up with many kids. Cruises over 7 nights generally don't attract families with kids at this time of year.

A while back someone on the forum here was able to lookup the number of kids/ teens on a particular cruise.

Is this information available publicly?

I don't know the person was a TA or how they found this.

I would like to find out about the march 20th royal princess cruise if anyone knows.

Thanks

If you dress appropriately you won't encounter too many children near you.

My three grandchildren all ran away screaming:D

38219237766_7fd7547376_z.jpgGrandpa on Halloween

Howard

Well,there is no limit on holiday cruises...over 700 kids were on our Thanksgiving cruise and for us it was a nightmare...March will likely have very few children.

We were not allowed to book a holiday cruise because they had reached some kind of limit for my kid’s age range. It’s not the total number of kids, it’s how many are in each age bracket. That’s the safety rule, as they explained it to me.

Just speculating on this part, but there might be unlimited slots for kids over 14 or 16, but they limit the younger ones? Not sure. But it did happen to us.

And like others indicated, any Princess agent can give you the count.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if this "limit for the age range" is different (hopefully lower) on princess than on other lines? We are a bit concerned when we saw that the limit for 4-8 year olds on our April 1st cruise was reached. That is our kids' age range, but we'd picked princess hoping for a less crowded kids club, knowing that it is Easter week. We WANT there to be other kids - just a sane number so our kids are not overwhelmed or turned away from the club.

Does anyone know if this "limit for the age range" is different (hopefully lower) on princess than on other lines? We are a bit concerned when we saw that the limit for 4-8 year olds on our April 1st cruise was reached. That is our kids' age range, but we'd picked princess hoping for a less crowded kids club, knowing that it is Easter week. We WANT there to be other kids - just a sane number so our kids are not overwhelmed or turned away from the club.

The "limit" on ships varies with the line and the specific ship. The limit on Princess is definitely lower than the limit on DCL and Royal Caribbean on ships of comparable size. DCL sets their limit to assure that kids not be turned away from their programming (which was a problem in the early days of the line).

My TA told me they did not have access to such info, probably because of security/ privacy reasons:(

Interesting since at least some Princess reps will give you the info on the phone. But I've learned that what Princess will tell a guest and what they will tell a TA are not always the same thing...based on my upcoming booking.

a few weeks ago I called princess directly to ask how many kids and teens on my regal mar 25 cruise. was put on hold for a few mins and the rep returned with the info for all 3 kids age groups including teens. i posted this to my roll call.

I just got off the phone with my Princess rep, and she stated that they are expressly prohibited with releasing any - ANY - kind of demographic / group information in regards to a specific cruise. She is looking into how this information could have been obtained and leaked ...

which I come to realize is perfectly correct

Well I don't know the limits on various lines, but I can say that a Princess cruise I went on at half term the other year was easily the most crowded and busy ship that I have ever been on. To the point that you couldnt even see your child in the pool because there were so many in there. You had to be there on time to get into the kids clubs too as they full if you went later. I heard a couple of older guests mutter that they would never go on a cruise at half-term again and I wondered why anyone who didn't have kids (or who were a teacher) would go at this time. Baffles me. I'm looking forward to cheaper holidays when my son is older.:)

This honestly had not occurred to me before but I had to test this. The rep did take my booking # and check that I had kids on my booking. On our March cruise out of San Fran there is expected to be 12 3-7 and 9 8-12 yo. More than our last cruise; a 15 night full transit last February had only 8 under 12 yo and 3 teens.

Sent from my Z220 using Forums mobile app