Birthday while on cruise

tyeomans

Usually she will get a cake with candles and the waitstaff will sing happy birthday to her on in the dining room on the day of her birthday. If this is something she would enjoy when you get to dinner that night, make sure you step aside and confirm with the head waiter that they will be doing this. Things get chaotic in the dining room and there's a chance they can forget.

I celebrated a birthday on board and was brought a piece of cake with a candle in it. I didn’t expect it as I hadn’t mentioned my birthday (my actual birthday was the day before I got on the ship). Also they brought the cake for my birthday on the second night of the cruise, which was actually two days after my birthday 🤷*♀️

Just make sure that you have that information in your reservation. I noted one time when we booked that we were celebrating our anniversary - but it was about a month past. The still did the cake/singing thing.

I have gone to "Manage my cruise" on my reservation but can't find the box to check for birthday. :confused::confused:

This frequently gets missed even when you have noted on your reservation. Be sure to mention it to the dining room hostess/MD and your server a day in advance. You might also contact John Heald on his FB page 3 days in advance of your sailing. Give him her cabin number sailing date and what occasion you are celebrating. He will usually send some treats.

I have gone to "Manage my cruise" on my reservation but can't find the box to check for birthday. :confused::confused:

Go to "Cruise Details" and there should be a tab for "My Guests." You can "Modify" a person's info to include a "Special Occasion."

I got the cake and singing at dinner, and then the steward left a $50 spa card and wrote Happy Birthday on the mirror in the cabin. I didn't use the gift card, but it is nice that they do try and recognize special occasions.

As others have said Carnival used to give a cake---now it is a slice of cake. If you want a full cake (serves up to 8+) either order it online or go to the candy store on the ship and order one to be delivered either to the cabin or table--and they'll put the name on. They have several varieties including sugarless and we found them to be pretty good.

31206238411_64a4542f26_o.jpg

I sailed during my birthday. I booked my cruise online and didn't put any certain specifications that it was my birthday. They brought me a slice of cake with a candle and sang during our dinner in the MDR. Also my room steward left me an envelope with a $50 coupon for the spa along with $25 off a bottle of wine with a certain amount of purchase. This was in 2016 though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have sailed several times during my birthday week. In the past, there was always happy birthday song at dinner by waiters, along with cake/piece of cake, and something in my cabin. I've had cards (like a post card type thing), gift cards more recently, etc. But last year on the Vista, there was nothing. I went to my cabin on my birthday, after dinner, and nothing at all--nor the rest of the cruise. I was still happy I didn't have to cook or do dishes though!

Just got back from a cruise and it was my friend’s birthday. I had ordered a small 6 inch (u can also order a 10 inch)cake before the cruise and had it delivered to the cabin. We just took it with us to the dining room. I told the head waiter and he served it to us and instead of all the waiters singing, he made an announcement to everyone In our area and we all sang Happy Birthday. It was nice.